Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Quote Originally Posted by twill View Post
    Pretty much every PB-hosted picture I see on this site is unviewable... is it possible it's showing up for you and not everyone else? If you'll post a link to a thread where you have pictures posted, we can tell you if it's visible or not.

I use Trillian a lot for the chatrooms I'm in, so I just use them a lot of the time for image sharing. You just take a screenshot and it creates a link for the image so you can post it other places besides the chatroom.
    Yeah, I thought so too, but since these threads can only be viewed by members, there was no way for me to tell by logging out of PB or something.
    Here's the last thread where I posted a bunch of pics: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...110257&page=15
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by twill View Post
    Pretty much every PB-hosted picture I see on this site is unviewable... is it possible it's showing up for you and not everyone else? If you'll post a link to a thread where you have pictures posted, we can tell you if it's visible or not.

I use Trillian a lot for the chatrooms I'm in, so I just use them a lot of the time for image sharing. You just take a screenshot and it creates a link for the image so you can post it other places besides the chatroom.
    The Ficcare library thread is a good one to check. Here's a post from me.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    The Ficcare library thread is a good one to check. Here's a post from me.
    I can still see yours!
    Can you see mine?
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Is anyone seeing any difference with the website vs the app?

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I didn't even know there was an app lol
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I pretty much use the app exclusively. I'm just wondering if that has any bearing on my stuff still showing.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I don't use an app, but my roughly 1500 pics that are using 9% storage, totalling 0.1GB are still showing. These pics are pre-downsized, and many are pre-cropped, with all of the originals stored elsewhere. It's just sooooo many pics that I've taken mainly for this forum. I feel for those of you who've been shackled by their sudden, and pretty much unannounced TOS policy. I've downloaded my stuffs and done the transfer/delete doubles/album dance over to imgur. So far, apart from glitchy albums that reassign pics to wherever and dump others (now fixed, I hope--it may've been due to PB coding and doubleups), I'm on the road to redoing pics here. I can see I'll give up one day, but for now while I can see the old pics, I'll plod on.
    Last edited by Crystawni; June 29th, 2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Added GB
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Crystawni, the pre-downsized comment made me take a second look at my pics. Most of what appears to still be viewable are thumbnail versions. I have two different post with the same picture of my late cat. The full-size picture is now the ugly gauge; the thumbnail is still my cat.

Cropped pictures are still going gauge, but full-size pictures with ~original on the end are working. I'm not enough of a coder to figure out why in particular, but there's definitely something odd in their implementation.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

The other ingredient, as mentioned by others upthread, may be the permission. Mine are all set to private on PB, and I only link directly to the particular picture so no albums can be browsed. At least on imgur (where I've set my albums to "hidden") I can see the individual picture's bandwidth and views, but it does make me wonder what rhyme and reason PB are using.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My Photobucket contained around 3GB, all were completely private, so no browsing of images, just what is displayed here on LHC. Most of my images are resized, but not thumbnail sizes.

It is very puzzling how they have implemented this.

My solution:
    Photo replacement technique:

• I was able to download all my photos from Photosuckit into one folder (since I never made albums, this was super easy).
    • Created a new Flickr account using a dedicated hair email (that was amusingly tricky to do because I was logged in to the account in my second browser but I didn't know my password and my recovery email had been deactivated, but was fortunately easy to reactivate, new password, new Flickr, all good.)
    • Uploaded the whole folder to Flickr (a couple images had errors associated with them, but I didn't bother investigating, cause the other 1900+ are there).
    • Replace images with new URLs
      • Open blog/what have you
      • switch to HTML view
      • copy the first part of the image name in the URL (this is the file name before uploading to Photosuckit, see bold below)

• paste into Flickr image search
      • click on retrieved image
      • click on share button
      • select BBCode
      • copy
      • paste
      • repeat with next image

I have replaced the images in the following blog categories: swaps, WEO, anniversaries.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*