Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    No, I cannot see my photos online anymore, everything is gone I have posted here during 10 years. I can still access PB site and have been deleting half of my photos. I am going to delete my account but will probably wait few more days untill I take the final steps. No selfies of mine are there anymore, I deleted them all, as well as bare back/bra length photos and personal photos.

I decided not to go through the trouble to replace any of my old images. It was not my fault and I do not have time for that. Bye bye tutorials.

(I need to add that I did not lose any data, I have all the original photos on my computer + backed up elsewhere. I just lost time, effort, and 10 years of labour of love making tutorials and informative posts and hair style inspiration photos.)
    OMG I just visited your blog :/
    What the heck...
    That is just awful, I'd be pissed as hell!!
    I have these photos on my computer too, but just uploading, editing, and resizing is already a pain.
    And now you have a bunch of broken content because without images it makes no sense.
    Geez. What a s... thing to do.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I started using PB because imageshack had become the same PB is now... photos weren't showing, you had to pay, etc. Now yet another site gone this way...
    It's almost like extortion for people who might actually have something important there, like you, Arctic. Imagine losing so much effort...
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thanks for the sympathy!

Make no mistake I am pissed, but I also realize this is internet and hosting sites come and go. In many ways I am lucky having been able to keep all my forum photos in one place for 10 years.

Sometimes fresh starts are good too.

I had known something like this can happen and had already made up my mind long ago that I would not go back to repost photos on old posts, what a waste of time that would be.
    Last edited by Arctic; June 29th, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks for the sympathy!

Make no mistake I am pissed, but I also realize this is internet and hosting sites come and go. In many ways I am lucky having been able to keep all my photos in one place for 10 years.

Sometimes fresh starts are good too.

I had known something like this can happen and had already made up my mind long ago that I would not go back to repost photos on old posts, what a waste of time that would be.
    :/ you're welcome
    but what about your blog entries? will you leave them be as they are now, then?
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    :/ you're welcome
    but what about your blog entries? will you leave them be as they are now, then?
    Well I would love to go back and repost everything (or rather, that this would have never happened) but I honestly don't have the time or the energy. I am just starting out a new demanding phase of my life and have so much important things to do I have trouble keeping up with RL demands. It would be a full time job (without a pay) for several days to restore all the photos. My blog goes back to 2007 and has many hundreds of posts.

I will just start anew and make do with the text parts of my old blog posts. Maybe some day I will repost something but right now I feel like nope, not going to happen.
    Last edited by Arctic; June 29th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    Not sure. My pics are still there, too, but I was only using 19% of my free account. I'm wondering if it has to do with how much someone had in their account and/or the volume of traffic (people looking at the linked images).

ETA: Frufru's pics are gone, and I think Islandgrl's, too. If you Google Ficcare images, there are some that show in the screen, but when you click on them, it's just the big black dot.
    I was using 8% of my account. Most of my images are unviewable, but a few of them are still there. Can't tell what the common thread is.

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by trinkets View Post
    I was using 8% of my account. Most of my images are unviewable, but a few of them are still there. Can't tell what the common thread is.
    Me neither.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well I would love to go back and repost everything (or rather, that this would have never happened) but I honestly don't have the time or the energy. I am just starting out a new demanding phase of my life and have so much important things to do I have trouble keeping up with RL demands. It would be a full time job (without a pay) for several days to restore all the photos. My blog goes back to 2007 and has many hundreds of posts.

I will just start anew and make do with the text parts of my old blog posts. Maybe some day I will repost something but right now I feel like nope, not going to happen.
    Oh well :/
    I understand, I probably wouldn't do it either, or just make myself do about 5 entries a day and that's it. It would be done some day, I guess, but what a disappointment...
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    Just learned this. Gobsmacked. Posting on LHC is the only reason I started with Photobucket, and now they're saying $399 is the least expensive plan to continue 3rd party hosting?!? NO THANK YOU. Assuming I can access my account, I'm staying up late to ensure I've got copies of the stuff I uploaded, and I'm deleting my pics and closing my account.
    Thanks for the imgur recommendation, and I'll see whether there's a Google service I don't yet know about.
    Daaaam........

ETA: Changed my mind. I downloaded my Photobucket library to my PC (compressed file, but that's OK, most are copies of things I already have on the hard drive - I just didn't want to miss anything). But then, before deleting them from the account, I came back here and checked a couple of threads where I have pics, and they're still showing! So I think I'll just leave them there but stop using Photobucket for future posts - check out other options. Maybe Photobucket will realize what a SUPREMELY STUPID move this was and change their minds. I'm really too tired to make a decision, but I know how much I've loved being able to Google old pics of things, so I don't want to totally delete everything if I don't have to.
    Pretty much every PB-hosted picture I see on this site is unviewable... is it possible it's showing up for you and not everyone else? If you'll post a link to a thread where you have pictures posted, we can tell you if it's visible or not.

I use Trillian a lot for the chatrooms I'm in, so I just use them a lot of the time for image sharing. You just take a screenshot and it creates a link for the image so you can post it other places besides the chatroom.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Mine are still showing, so far, but I'm not keeping my hopes up that they will stay visible
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR