Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

You can have multiple Flickr accounts, just need different email for each. I'm tempted by Flickr for the tagging and organization abilities.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    You can have multiple Flickr accounts, just need different email for each. I'm tempted by Flickr for the tagging and organization abilities.
    Thanks, I'll have to look into it. I'm tempted by Flickr because of their privacy settings and copy right policies.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

What the FLYING, FREAKING ffffff.......!

I told my husband and asked him to guess how much they wanted for the ability to hotlink... He started guessing at 24$, lol. You should have seen his face when I made him keep guessing. He stopped at 99$ and absolutley refused to believe they would ask more.

BTW if you sign up for Flickr, make sure you don't use an AT&T email, or any other emails that is hosted by Verizon competitors. Because on Tumblr they have decided that accounts used with those emails will no longer we allowed (Verizon owns both Tumblr and Flickr now).

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I'm not sure if I'm getting this right, but I can still see my pics and other people's here on the site. When is it that we won't be able to anymore?
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Not sure. My pics are still there, too, but I was only using 19% of my free account. I'm wondering if it has to do with how much someone had in their account and/or the volume of traffic (people looking at the linked images).

ETA: Frufru's pics are gone, and I think Islandgrl's, too. If you Google Ficcare images, there are some that show in the screen, but when you click on them, it's just the big black dot.
    Last edited by Willowyn; June 29th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    Not sure. My pics are still there, too, but I was only using 19% of my free account. I'm wondering if it has to do with how much someone had in their account and/or the volume of traffic (people looking at the linked images).

ETA: Frufru's pics are gone, and I think Islandgrl's, too. If you Google Ficcare images, there are some that show in the screen, but when you click on them, it's just the big black dot.
    Hmmm, that's strange.
    I've only used 9% so far, so not near the limit either.
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It's not only about the limited space, although they do check that too. For example I only had about 7% of my space used and now my photos are locked - or ransomed untill (as if!) I will pay 400 dollars. What a joke.

ETA: I assume this is partially about bandwidth, but then again a) they do not tell what the bandwidth limit is, b) they do not show me how much bandwidth I have used, c) I have hard time believeing my photos took that much bandwidth (plus I never have had problems with it before).

But, the new TOS clearly stated that NON of the free accounts will support hosting photos on 3rd party sites anymore, so I am assuming the change will be done in steps, since it's not yet taken place with for example all of our members who use the free service.

The thing is, no-one seems to have much fact info about this, because PB has kept very secretive about it.
    Last edited by Arctic; June 29th, 2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added a bit more

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    It's not only about the limited space, although they do check that too. For example I only had about 7% of my space used and now my photos are locked - or ransomed untill (as if!) I will pay 400 dollars. What a joke.
    But can you still see them? :/
    What would worry me the most is
    1. these photos going public, like, there's nothing indecent or anything, but I'd be embarrassed of selfies I've shared
    2. having to replace images I have hosted there that I use on another site. Guess I better go download those :/

And the price is ridiculous to say the least
    I mean come on... it's not like I have something worth even 5 dls in there
    Who on Earth is going to pay that?
    Don't you know this tale
    I'll never have?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    But can you still see them? :/
    What would worry me the most is
    1. these photos going public, like, there's nothing indecent or anything, but I'd be embarrassed of selfies I've shared
    2. having to replace images I have hosted there that I use on another site. Guess I better go download those :/

And the price is ridiculous to say the least
    I mean come on... it's not like I have something worth even 5 dls in there
    Who on Earth is going to pay that?
    No, I cannot see my photos online anymore, everything is gone I have posted here during 10 years. I can still access PB site and have been deleting half of my photos. I am going to delete my account but will probably wait few more days untill I take the final steps. No selfies of mine are there anymore, I deleted them all, as well as bare back/bra length photos and personal photos.

I decided not to go through the trouble to replace any of my old images. It was not my fault and I do not have time for that. Bye bye tutorials.

(I need to add that I did not lose any data, I have all the original photos on my computer + backed up elsewhere. I just lost time, effort, and 10 years of labour of love making tutorials and informative posts and hair style inspiration photos. I also feel like my beloved blog is now only a sceleton without my photos.)
    Last edited by Arctic; June 29th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    So that will make the photo show up on LHC? Not just a link to it? (as you see, I'm a computer dummy )

Got it, thank you so much for helping this oldie
    No problem!!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights