Thread: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Thank you. But which one do I use? Can I just copy and paste onto LHC like I could from PB?
    You'll want the code that's labeled "BBCode (Forums)"! You'll be able to copy and paste that one right in.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

So that will make the photo show up on LHC? Not just a link to it? (as you see, I'm a computer dummy )

Got it, thank you so much for helping this oldie
    Last edited by Sarahlabyrinth; June 29th, 2017 at 02:40 AM.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    short/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Aside from occasional glitchiness (something that Photobucket has seemed to have for years), has anybody here experienced any specific long-term or persistent new problems with the site? I continue to satisfactorily use the site (generally) without issue, uploading photos yesterday for display in my blog, which are displayed as normal. Puzzled about the level of concern, at least for now. What am I missing?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

The internet complaints are snowballing. There are even people who've paid the $$ to access linking, etc., (no links to this from me as hubs was quoting from his phone) and yet nothing's changed for them. The one thing I noticed is this came into effect on June 20th, and then was announced, um, blogged on the 26th, and updated on the 28th (which coincided with the current lockups from mostly 2GB users). It's all really weird...
    Last edited by Crystawni; June 29th, 2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDecker View Post
    Aside from occasional glitchiness (something that Photobucket has seemed to have for years), has anybody here experienced any specific long-term or persistent new problems with the site? I continue to satisfactorily use the site (generally) without issue, uploading photos yesterday for display in my blog, which are displayed as normal. Puzzled about the level of concern, at least for now. What am I missing?
    Did you read the new TOS? Photobucket will not allow any photohosting on outside sites from free or even on the cheaper accounts. Only the account that costs 399$ per year allows actual photohosting. All my photos which I hosted there have been replaced with a sign saying they cannot be hosted on 3rd party site, and only by upgrading to their 399 dollar account I can make my photos visible again online. I assume the effect will gradually take place on all free account photos that are posted all over the internet.

No-one can say about long term effects yet as this whole thing is happening as we speak.

ETA: I have to say I am also a bit confused about how they have been putting the new TOS in action.
    Last edited by Arctic; June 29th, 2017 at 06:29 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I use Flickr, although....they have recently been bought out again, so I cannot gaurantee they will continue to be a good. For now though, all is well (And I have my stuff triple backed up). I have not found a good replacement site for it, love their organization.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have Flicr account, Chromis, but I haven't been using it actively in years. I remember some years ago they changed, worsened, their free account limits very very much. Do you know if there has been a change to a better? Also, I have always gotten a feeling they are not firstly a photo hosting site, but a photographer's community, but maybe that has been changed since I was active there years ago.

I would like to keep my personal online life anonymous though, and my Flickr is on my real name, so maybe I won't even consider it for that reason to host my forum photos.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Yes, actually part of why I like it is that it is more photographer oriented!

They did make changes to the free account limits indeed. I had a pro account for many years and have now switched to a freebie because they did away with the super small limit from before.

Also, I am pretty sure you can change your Flickr name, or at least my Flickr and my Yahoo! account have different names, although come to think of it, they weren't part of Yahoo then maybe?

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    Yes, actually part of why I like it is that it is more photographer oriented!

They did make changes to the free account limits indeed. I had a pro account for many years and have now switched to a freebie because they did away with the super small limit from before.

Also, I am pretty sure you can change your Flickr name, or at least my Flickr and my Yahoo! account have different names, although come to think of it, they weren't part of Yahoo then maybe?
    I'll have to check how the site is these days. I won't be changing my name there though, because I display my real name photography there and want to be there with my own name.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I may be really vain, but I'm sad that all my nice pictures in threads are not gonna be there anymore. Posting pictures made me happy. Also I hate seeing broken links, and I'm sure there is gonna be a ton of that. I'm bummed. I don't know how to do zip or unzip and also I post from my phone, not a computer. I'm pretty sure I can just re save all the pictures back to my phone to be sure. I probably have all them all anyways, I don't delete. I have 500 pictures on Photobucket.