Thread: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Photobucket change in TOS - unavailable images

hypersensitive: PB had an app, too.

Sounds like people are getting different results from the change. For me, my blog photos were all that generic 'error' picture which hotlinked back to my page, where the photos were replaced with the same 'error' image. i.e., I could not see any of my photos before logging in. Once logged in and in my albums, they were STILL not viewable. If I clicked them, however, it took me to their individual page where they were visible at last...one at a time.

I had "0%" of my storage used (I had fewer than 100 pics and I always resized them before uploading) and all my stuff already backed up at home. No loss for me and since I could not find a mass download OR delete button for my pics (like Imgur has) I just deleted my account. No loss for me.

My old blog entries will all have errors instead of photos. Oh well. No one looks at them but me. Anything relevant or revisited will get reposted by me as needed.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Imgur seems really easy to work with, so I'll probably upload pics in small bunches and go back and replace some of the broken links in places on LHC where it might be helpful for someone looking for images of a particular hairtoy. Several people put a lot of time into the Ficcare library (not just the pics, but also all the work that Rags did on cross-referencing) so that one's a priority for me to fix my part. A good rainy day project.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Hehehe, speaking of, Willowyn, it's been raining all weekend, so I've hit most of the hairtoy threads I've posted in with replacement pics, and found a few broken links from when PB was acting up last year. Ficcare Library is done, but I'm yet to do the actual Ficcare thread and a couple of other bigger threads like TT. I did my blog early, but feel for those who have years of blog pics to replace. I've gotta say, hunting through my subscriptions for other threads with pics is like travelling down memory lane. There is one thread I may not do, though--WEO. I've got all the pics from my second go-round in LHC albums for anyone to reference, but not the first go-round, and there are sooooooooo many. Mmmmf.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't have much energy to re post. The "aggressive impulses" hairtoy weaponry thread is important to me. I'm bummed.

Interesting that my pictures on another forum (Texasguntalk) has some of the same pictures as I have posted here (in the Pistol Thread). Those pictures on that forum remain but the same pictures I posted on this forum are gone.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I don't have much energy to re post. The "aggressive impulses" hairtoy weaponry thread is important to me. I'm bummed.

Interesting that my pictures on another forum (Texasguntalk) has some of the same pictures as I have posted here (in the Pistol Thread). Those pictures on that forum remain but the same pictures I posted on this forum are gone.
    I'm honestly not going back to fix all my posts. Recent ones on some forums yes...and if there's one that a photo is missing that anyone wants it back, I'll see if I can find it and put it back up there. But in general I can't be bothered to do it. Nothing wrong with a fresh start once in a while.

Still in some forums that I visit for educational purposes I need the photos and I'm seriously bummed when they're not there.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Estas mi Esperantist' languagenut's Avatar
    Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Many of use use Photobucket to host the photos we post here on LHC. Photobucket recently changed their TOS and now charge a hefty fee to allow image displays of photos hosted on their service. You may see quite a few images replaced by a gauge and the title "3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled"

Suggestions of other photo hosting services for those of use who have outgrown our LHC albums?
    How I do it (being me, and always going about things in a more convoluted manner):

Step one:
    Create a Blogspot page, with an obscure but memorable-to-me url, and title it "Pic Storage".

Step two:
    Click "New post" and title it whatever I feel like (usually just descriptive enough for me to recognize it later).

Step three:
    Click the little icon for adding an image.

Step four:
    Upload desired photos from my computer.

Step five:
    Make sure the photos are the size I want (available sizes appear under the image when you click it, in the post edit page).

Step six:
    Save post.

Step seven:
    Click to view the post.

Step eight:
    Right click the image and select "copy image address".

Step nine:
    Select the "Insert image" icon on the post, right click the box, and click "paste", or type out the IMG tags and paste between them.

Step ten:
    Click "Okay".

And there you have it! (Thankfully the first step only needs to be done once, and I have added pictures to old "posts" with a similar theme to save on step two).

The advantages of this method are that my pictures are kinda sorta organized, and that I can resize them. The disadvantages are that it's a somewhat complicated method, and now there is a very strange "blog" out there to baffle anyone who happens to stumble across it !
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

How do I put a pic here from Flickr? I've just tested a link which works but I'd rather the photo and not a link show up.

Thanks
    Last edited by diddiedaisy; July 4th, 2017 at 02:55 AM.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Wm6R2S]
    Last edited by diddiedaisy; July 4th, 2017 at 04:15 AM.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Oh, done it on the laptop sorry for massive picture, I'll have to figure out how to resize and find the bb code on my phone.

Sorry folks haha

I used a fake name as well, but didn't realise it would show. I would have just seperated my aviator name if I'd known.
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

So I downloaded Flickr and imgur to try. I uploaded a pic onto imgur that is three monthly shots lined up. Had to go out, came back and it's got comments. What???? Didn't realise you had to put them private. Anyway one helpful comment told me I was getting fatter haha why,why, why has photobucket changed?