Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Paranda materials?

  1. #11
    I have Houdini-hair TatsuOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,580
    Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    I have acrylic yarn parandas and they are super soft and doesnt tangle at all. I suppose that not all acrylic yarns are the same...


    I will crawl out from your screen

    Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights


  2. #12
    Member purple_omelette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    Length
    WL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I have acrylic yarn parandas and they are super soft and doesnt tangle at all. I suppose that not all acrylic yarns are the same...
    Yes I think it's probably a combination of yarn quality and also people's individual hair needs Mine is already very tangle-prone.

    I finally made the leap and got some viscose yarn today! Started with two colours, I'll see if I like them, and then I might get more
    Here is a link to the product:
    https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/2750...ght-yarnsummer

    I bought colours 82 and 026
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

  3. #13
    I have Houdini-hair TatsuOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,580
    Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Yes I think it's probably a combination of yarn quality and also people's individual hair needs Mine is already very tangle-prone.

    I finally made the leap and got some viscose yarn today! Started with two colours, I'll see if I like them, and then I might get more
    Here is a link to the product:
    https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/2750...ght-yarnsummer

    I bought colours 82 and 026
    My hair's also tangle-prone, but luckily my yarn works


    I will crawl out from your screen

    Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights


  4. #14

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Yes I think it's probably a combination of yarn quality and also people's individual hair needs Mine is already very tangle-prone.

    I finally made the leap and got some viscose yarn today! Started with two colours, I'll see if I like them, and then I might get more
    Here is a link to the product:
    https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/2750...ght-yarnsummer

    I bought colours 82 and 026

    Actually, that's not too bad of a price for yarn, especially if someone only wants one color (I like having multiple colors in my parandi, part of the reason I enjoy variegated colorways, so, yeah, buying several skeins could get more expensive). Even the cheap acrylic stuff can run $3-6 a skein. Probably you get more yarn with the cheap acrylic, but let's face it, you don't need nearly an entire skein to make parandi (and then what do you do with the rest... I'm still trying to figure that out, lol).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

  5. #15
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,764
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Yes I think it's probably a combination of yarn quality and also people's individual hair needs Mine is already very tangle-prone.

    I finally made the leap and got some viscose yarn today! Started with two colours, I'll see if I like them, and then I might get more
    Here is a link to the product:
    https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/2750...ght-yarnsummer

    I bought colours 82 and 026
    Oh boy I am DROOLING that is The Most Gorgeous yarn

    If anyone buys too much and doesn't know what to with the leftovers, I'll happily crochet something for you from it!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  6. #16
    Member purple_omelette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    Length
    WL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Oh boy I am DROOLING that is The Most Gorgeous yarn

    If anyone buys too much and doesn't know what to with the leftovers, I'll happily crochet something for you from it!
    Hahaha if I have any left I will be very happy to oblige
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

  7. #17
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,764
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Hahaha if I have any left I will be very happy to oblige
    Thank you!

    I am seriously considering buying some for a paranda myself, but they don't currently have the colours I would most want considering I'd be spending reasonable money on it. They seem to be the cheapest suppliers of that kind of yarn that I could find on there though. Maybe I'll just have to be patient and see if the colours are restocked
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  8. #18
    Member purple_omelette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    Length
    WL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Thank you!

    I am seriously considering buying some for a paranda myself, but they don't currently have the colours I would most want considering I'd be spending reasonable money on it. They seem to be the cheapest suppliers of that kind of yarn that I could find on there though. Maybe I'll just have to be patient and see if the colours are restocked
    Yes I was quite surprised with how (relatively) affordable this yarn is which colours were you thinking of getting?
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

  9. #19
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,764
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    Yes I was quite surprised with how (relatively) affordable this yarn is which colours were you thinking of getting?
    I would have loved the blue/white mix and the bright purple.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  10. #20
    Member thatsideoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    46
    Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

    Default Re: Paranda materials?

    That yarn looks amazing. Hope it works out well! I'm inspired to go to my local yarn store now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •