View Poll Results: Updos: Part or no part?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Visible part

25 35.21%
  • No part

30 42.25%
  • 50/50 part versus no part

15 21.13%
  • Cheese!

1 1.41%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Updos: Do you brush/slick back all of your hair or keep a visible part?

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Updos: Do you brush/slick back all of your hair or keep a visible part?

I vary it -- If I start the bun with a french braid or if the bun is placed relatively high, I go straight back. I have a round face, but I find that that's enough visual interest up there that it looks ok. If it's a lower bun I find it looks much better (and it's more comfortable) if I keep my side part.

Default Re: Updos: Do you brush/slick back all of your hair or keep a visible part?

I have no choice, I have a major cowlick in the front of my hairline - so side part for me My hair parts naturally no matter what I do, luckily that also suits me the best, so I won't complain.
    Hair thickness:6.2 cm (2.4'') Longest: TBL + Current length: APL (maintaining) Goal length: Waist

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

No part for me. I do my buns too high up for a part to work, but on the rare occasion I do a plait, I start with a parting, otherwise I get tension issues/weird loose bits at the top.
    Maintaining at classic in 2017

I decided to be happy. Henrietta's Avatar
    Length
    27.6/44.0/44.0
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I don't use a brush, just do fingercombing, and it's impossible to get my hair smooth with my fingers if I try to "brush" (finger? ) it to the back, so I always leave the parting. It also allows me to loosen up the strands around my face. With all my hair brushed back I look too severe.

Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I voted: No part

Length
    2"/MBL/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Depends. No part for buns since I pull it straight back. I usually leave a part for braids since those start low and itís easier and looks neater. For ponytails it depends on where I tie it low maybe higher no. Usually I do them quick just to get my hair back and donít think much about it honestly though.
    Last edited by JackintheBox; January 2nd, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Length
    ~bsl/class/knee?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

It depends on how I want my face to look that day- sometimes I like a deep side part, sometimes I like a zigzag for something interesting (even though it's hardly visible), and I sometimes even like my buns to have a middle part. Slicked-back hair is nice, but I'm a perfectionist about it. When I wear my hair down I usually don't part it though.
    Classic-Fingertip-Knee?
    World's Most Fragile Hair, for the World's Most Fragile Person

Length
    14/32/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I generally brush it back but my natural part makes itself visible on day 2 hair.

Length
    19/27/33
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's about 50/50 for me.
    Growing to APL!

I have a natural part, so it always shows up. Depending on the updo I even work to emphasize it.