Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you guys seen nicki minajs new hair?

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Have you guys seen nicki minajs new hair?

I like that really long hair is seen in such a cool way by the mainstream, so I think it's great. She's like a longhair ambassador, even though hers is extensions. It makes it easier for those with very long hair to talk to "normals" (lol) about hair goals and wishes ("remember when Nicki Minaj had those super long extensions? I loved that look and want it myself" might be easier for people to get than "I wanna grow my hair down to my cakes").

Length
    ch/sh/wl
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I wonder if she'll help people stop making fun of long hairs. It looks great!
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain
    Your resident crazy bunny lady

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I must say, I really loved the look!
    I think it's refreshing to see such lengths on fashion-driven people, especially since I hear so many people around me calling long hair either automatically old-fashioned or somehow religious/cult-ish. It's no big deal, it's just long hair. I see it almost like a tip of a hat to longhairs. As for the hair being a weave, natural or not... well, some grow their own, some don't, and I kind of think it's none of my business.

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Who's Nicki Minaj?

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sumidha View Post
    I think those were probably some crazy expensive extensions.
    This really. I expect if it's synthetic hair it had to be specially made which would be extremely expensive. Normally about the longest you can do with plastic hair is classic. If it's not synthetic hair, then that's incredibly said for someone else.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Well, I hope people will stop thinking long hair is weird, and it catches on

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I am wondering how hard it would be to adjust to ankle-length hair all of a sudden. Of course she probably has more help than I ever did.

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

Sigh.

i saw "her" hair.
    It wasn't a stance or nod to long hairs or those who want it.
    Black woman will wear weave that long because they don't know how (and usually don't have the desire) to actually grow it, but still want to play with the overall look.
    Her entire life can just disappear out of mine. Not directed at the OP but I'll be glad when I stop seeing this thread constantly updated in the What's New feed. Just... go away Ms. Minaj.
    TWA ---> SL ---> APL ---> BSL ---> MBL--->WL ---> HL --->TBL---> CL ---> Finger Tip
    I’ve had my fun. Now we grow

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Those of you with really long hair, and get irritated when strangers ask you (albeit a rude question) if its all your own, this is an example of why they might ask lol.

Length
    Chin/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Some other celebs have been wearing extra long wigs lately as well. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have played around with extensions in the past, but purchasing all that hair and putting it on your head and showing it off - I don't know. I doubt she's wearing synthetic hair and it makes me think about where all that hair came from (the extension business is far from ethical). At least all those celebrities recycle (share) their wigs, lol: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/01/13...l-wigs-stylist