Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me your favorite hair compliments!

Red face Tell me your favorite hair compliments!

Hello Friends!
    There are two kinds of people in the world; people who love compliments, and people who cringe and fluster awkwardly when complimented.
    I somehow manage to be both of these types of person at once. But my question today is, "What is the best hair-related compliment you've ever heard/gotten/given?"

Default Re: Tell me your favorite hair compliments!

i'll go ahead and start-- one compliment which really stands out in my memory was from a hairstylist who was trimming my hair after i had (tearfully) given in to some bullying about how long it was. She told me that whoever had told me to cut my hair was stupid, because my hair was the longest and healthiest she'd seen in a while, and i shouldn't feel bad about wearing it long. It's nothing super poetic, but it meant a lot to me at the time, and I wanted to give her a hug. I gave a her a 200% tip instead, and she's the one who inspired me to re-grow my hair long.

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My husband says he likes my hair when I wear it down but I never do. Other than that the only compliments I ever got was here when I posted pictures. I like it so who cares and I have pretty hair toys that I wear and no one has ever noticed those either.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I've had a few little girls ask me if I was a princess or Rapunzel specifically, that was pretty great.

Striving for my terminal length.

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

When children ask if I'm a princess, because I have long hair.

2 women at Church have complimented my hair color/style/length; that was a nice surprise
    DD has mentioned she loves how my silver has grown in with the various high/low lights within my darker hair color.
    And Hubby has mentioned a couple of times on his own that a particular style was pretty.

While these are nice to receive, I don't expect it ...and do it for the joy *I* receive from my styles and pretty hair toys
    I had too many insecure days while growing it out and waiting for affirmations; now I could care less.
    As an LHC member said...."I am not here to decorate your world" :

ETA: How could I forget the lady I met while food shopping, who came up to me TWICE to compliment me on the length and color.
    Of course I told her about LHC
    She is @ 50 and letting her silver grow in.
    She made my day...Hubby just kept grinning at me
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; April 14th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.

Length
    chin/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

my colleague described me to someone as "the one with the mermaid hair" (hopefully just due to my hair and not because I smell fishy!)

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Someone once said that my hair reminded them of a shampoo advert on tv and seeing as the lady in the advert mentioned had healthy shiny hair then i felt it a nice compliment and it seems one that has stuck in my mind from others i have had...

i once too had a lady approach me in a busy mall/precinct she was demonstrating hair toys on a model head with long hair but when she spotted me she insisted i be her model lol it was pretty strange sitting there having my hair combed and styled in hair toys but it got more strange when a crowd gathered to watch..they all went www and ahhh as she combed my hair,then the crowds started giving me compliments and many asking me my hair secrets and routines,best part i got to try so many hair toys that day and many i never thought would suit my hair! lol strange experience but nice in a way too..

Length
    APL/Class/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

A boy in my class in school once told me my hair was beautiful and looked like golden silk... I was so shocked I couldn't even respond lol.
    That and when my lecturer made me spin around so she could see my hair and compliment it was pretty nice. I love when people notice the different hairstyles I do.
    Your hair is soft and it smells nice is always a great compliment too!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I received an awesome compliment from the receptionist at the dental clinic where I've been spending quite a lot of time getting an implant on the bottom and a denture on the top. I met her when I had almost tailbone length hair, now I've got collarbone length hair (by choice). She told me yesterday that before she noticed that I had a lot of hair, but it seems to have come alive after I got it cut and now she thinks I could be a hair model because it's so pretty.

I know it's not popular opinion around here, but I really think I had reached a stage where the long hair was aging me whether I had it up or down. It's like my hair was pretty in and of itself, but it wasn't doing a thing for the rest of me.