Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wet Brush vs Tangle Teezer

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Wet Brush vs Tangle Teezer

OK OK, rowie, you convinced me on the handled one. It's on my list of things to try now (and once order), and that list is extensive. Got a few others to go through first.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    I had a wet brush once and it had the two bristles mentioned above. It ripped my hair out badly, and plus I dislike brushes with balls on the tips. There is just something about ball tips that freaks me out which is why I am faithful to the Tangle Teezer. Now that the Tangle Teezer has a handle I'm so in love with it. It's definitely a GINORMOUS brush with long bristles that really works well with my thick coarse hairs almost to mid thigh lenth!!!

Compare the bristles on this with the orignal TT. It works amazing and it really smooths out my coarse hairs.

New Tangle Teezer with handle on the left and on the right is the orignal Tangle Teezer. It's like the new Tangle Teezer is on steriods.
    I love it!!!

Interesting! Does it detangle with less snagging than the original? Does it bend more? It's just that "The Ultimate" is listed under "Finishing Brushes" on the TT website, so I thought the brand markets it as the brush for the "styling" step, after the detangling step, which would be supposedly done with the Original/SalonElite/Thick&Curly/AquaSplash?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I had a wet brush once and it had the two bristles mentioned above. It ripped my hair out badly, and plus I dislike brushes with balls on the tips. There is just something about ball tips that freaks me out which is why I am faithful to the Tangle Teezer. Now that the Tangle Teezer has a handle I'm so in love with it. It's definitely a GINORMOUS brush with long bristles that really works well with my thick coarse hairs almost to mid thigh lenth!!!

Compare the bristles on this with the orignal TT. It works amazing and it really smooths out my coarse hairs.

New Tangle Teezer with handle on the left and on the right is the orignal Tangle Teezer. It's like the new Tangle Teezer is on steriods.
    I love it!!!

What stopped me from buying this one was Torrinpaige's review on it, and the fact I can't find it locally.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Over the many years on this list many of us have learned not to trust brushes with ball tips, as they can and often do, cause a lot of hair breakage. I would never try any version of the wet brush on that basis.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    OK OK, rowie, you convinced me on the handled one. It's on my list of things to try now (and once order), and that list is extensive. Got a few others to go through first.
    Yes I have a lot on my list to try as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Interesting! Does it detangle with less snagging than the original? Does it bend more? It's just that "The Ultimate" is listed under "Finishing Brushes" on the TT website, so I thought the brand markets it as the brush for the "styling" step, after the detangling step, which would be supposedly done with the Original/SalonElite/Thick&Curly/AquaSplash?
    I think this one is the finishing one? Not sure but I bought mine at amazon. It says it could be used for detangling on the box and so I went with that. I knew I didn't want the one for blow drying.

ETA: I love this one over the original since I finally can move some sebum down my hair since I wash once a month. I do detangle with my fingers before I even use the brush as it is somewhat used as a final finishing touch for my hair. It's nice that I can finally have a brush that can touch my scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielleRose View Post
    What stopped me from buying this one was Torrinpaige's review on it, and the fact I can't find it locally.
    If I remember correctly, Torrin tried the blow dry or blow fry edition. since then TT made the finishing series that can be used as a detangler as well. I couldn't find any locally as well so I ordered through amazon. I love it personally over the original since it can penetrate to my scalp cause of the long bristles.
    Last edited by rowie; March 17th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I love the wet brush...sometimes I liked it more than the tangle teezer and sometimes the other way around. I think it works better on wet/damp hair than the tangle teezer.
    I have been thinking about getting another wet brush since I lost mine a while ago. I usually preferred it to the TT as well!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Honestly one of the things I don't like about the TT is that it's difficult to hold, so I doubt I'd go back to it.
    I don't blame you, I find the TT difficult to hold too.

I love it!!!

I don't have thick or coarse hair but I would love it for the handle. I saw a review torrinpaige did and it didn't seem to be all that. But I'm happy it works for you.
    Creeping my way to MID-THIGH

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I got mine on Amazon
    I saw some at Walgreens

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Yes I have a lot on my list to try as well.

I think this one is the finishing one? Not sure but I bought mine at amazon. It says it could be used for detangling on the box and so I went with that. I knew I didn't want the one for blow drying.

ETA: I love this one over the original since I finally can move some sebum down my hair since I wash once a month. I do detangle with my fingers before I even use the brush as it is somewhat used as a final finishing touch for my hair. It's nice that I can finally have a brush that can touch my scalp.

If I remember correctly, Torrin tried the blow dry or blow fry edition. since then TT made the finishing series that can be used as a detangler as well. I couldn't find any locally as well so I ordered through amazon. I love it personally over the original since it can penetrate to my scalp cause of the long bristles.
    Oh, you're absolutely right sorry! Oooh, it helps you move your sebum down? I think I need to try it, though I'm a finey I have trouble moving mine down.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii