Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wet Brush vs Tangle Teezer

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wet Brush vs Tangle Teezer

I have both and I slightly prefer the Wet Brush because of the handle and I slightly prefer the Tangle Teezer because it grabs my hair a little less. Each bristle on the WB have a second, shorter bristle in the same hole. Where the two bristles meet can grip hairs every so often. I can't really explain it better than that. It happens so rarely though that I don't really worry about it. Also I occasionally get a particularly nasty tangle that the WB isn't strong enough to remove and I have to switch over to my TT. I won't be giving up either any time soon. So I would give the TT a 10/10 and the WB a 9.5/10 in terms of how happy I am with them.

I also bought the Wet Brush with boar bristles and I like that so much better than a straight boar bristle brush!
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreed View Post
    I have both and I slightly prefer the Wet Brush because of the handle and I slightly prefer the Tangle Teezer because it grabs my hair a little less. Each bristle on the WB have a second, shorter bristle in the same hole. Where the two bristles meet can grip hairs every so often. I can't really explain it better than that. It happens so rarely though that I don't really worry about it. Also I occasionally get a particularly nasty tangle that the WB isn't strong enough to remove and I have to switch over to my TT. I won't be giving up either any time soon. So I would give the TT a 10/10 and the WB a 9.5/10 in terms of how happy I am with them.

I also bought the Wet Brush with boar bristles and I like that so much better than a straight boar bristle brush!
    That's strange, mine only has one bristle per hole and nothing at all at the bottom to snag hair. I wonder if yours is a different model, or older?

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I've been hearing about the wet brush but I looked it up and it's the type of brush with little "pegs" stuck in plastic holes, right? Whenever I use brushes like that, my hair gets caught where the peg meets the plastic and it rips my hair apart! It's why I could never use wooden brushes, even though people rave about those too... :/ I love the tangle teezer for this reason, it doesn't pull my hair out.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rosebridget View Post
    I've been hearing about the wet brush but I looked it up and it's the type of brush with little "pegs" stuck in plastic holes, right? Whenever I use brushes like that, my hair gets caught where the peg meets the plastic and it rips my hair apart! It's why I could never use wooden brushes, even though people rave about those too... :/ I love the tangle teezer for this reason, it doesn't pull my hair out.
    Exactly the reason why I love my TT too.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosebridget View Post
    My wooden brushes don't have that, that's why I love them so much

But ontopic, I've also tried the Wet Brush, my sister loves it. It got stuck in my hair ..... so I'll stay with my TT haha xD

CL/SL/CBL/APL/BSL/WAIST

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/@ Hip/@ Hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    That's strange, mine only has one bristle per hole and nothing at all at the bottom to snag hair. I wonder if yours is a different model, or older?
    I wonder the same, because I have very fine hair and it never gets caught; mine also has only 1 bristle/hole and nothing to catch your hair on
    And I also have 2 different models of wood bristle brushes with no snags at all; the peg is perfectly set into the pad = brands or dates
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; March 16th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreed View Post

Overall I much prefer the wet brush, but one of the models I picked up has the bristles like you described. So I don't use that one due to it getting caught and snagging, which really stinks cause the brush is so pretty!
    Creeping my way to MID-THIGH

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Does anyone else here have a Wet Brush? (A real one, I've read that there are counterfeit ones available online that aren't the same, so be aware.) I have used a Tangle Teezer for years, and liked it a lot, except that it was hard to hold and didn't penetrate my thick hair very well. I decided to try the Wet Brush and I'm so glad I did! It doesn't seem to harm my hair, is light weight but well made, and has a handle (making it easier to reach the ends of my now-classic length hair). It also penetrates my hair well. It detangles better than the Tangle Teezer. I have put one through some abuse already trying to help someone de-mat their hair, and it didn't flinch or lose a single bristle.

For me, the battle of Tangle Teezer vs. Wet Brush is won hands down by Wet Brush.
    Since your hair is thick have you thought of trying the TT for thick hair?

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielleRose View Post
    Since your hair is thick have you thought of trying the TT for thick hair?
    Honestly one of the things I don't like about the TT is that it's difficult to hold, so I doubt I'd go back to it.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Honestly one of the things I don't like about the TT is that it's difficult to hold, so I doubt I'd go back to it.
    I had a wet brush once and it had the two bristles mentioned above. It ripped my hair out badly, and plus I dislike brushes with balls on the tips. There is just something about ball tips that freaks me out which is why I am faithful to the Tangle Teezer. Now that the Tangle Teezer has a handle I'm so in love with it. It's definitely a GINORMOUS brush with long bristles that really works well with my thick coarse hairs almost to mid thigh lenth!!!

Compare the bristles on this with the orignal TT. It works amazing and it really smooths out my coarse hairs.

New Tangle Teezer with handle on the left and on the right is the orignal Tangle Teezer. It's like the new Tangle Teezer is on steriods.
    I love it!!!