View Poll Results: Your region of residence is?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • British Isles, Northern Europe or Western Europe

110 29.89%
  • Southern Europe or Eastern Europe

24 6.52%
  • Central Asia, West Asia or Southern Asia

4 1.09%
  • East Asia or South East Asia

10 2.72%
  • Oceania

18 4.89%
  • The Middle East or Northern Africa

4 1.09%
  • Sub-Saharan Africa

3 0.82%
  • The USA, Canada or the Arctic

184 50.00%
  • Central America, South America or The Caribbean

8 2.17%
  • The Lost City of Atlantis

11 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in the world are you?

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Where in the world are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    I live in Canada, and I love it here. I live in basically a hot pocket of Canada. Lately it hardly ever snows here and our winters are quite warm, but there's mountains of snow available only an hour drive away!
    Ooh, a fellow Canadian! Hi there! I know, right? Everyone outside of Canada thinks Canada = cold, but in many regions that really isn't the case! The winters seem to get milder every year, where I am. One of the few things I miss about living in the Maritimes is all the snow. Snow is so beautiful, and it gives me days off when there is enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    I live in Denmark which is north of Germany and south of Sweden. I love it here.
    I love it there too, even though I have only visited (my Mother was born there). So much history, so much natural beauty - it is a truly enchanting place.

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I live in the Northern Territory and technically closer to Southeast Asia than Oceania. And we feel that way about it too.
    That makes sense, a lot of the NT is closer to Indonesia than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

Dutch
    French
    English
    German
    Spanish (this one I only have basic knowledge in). Had it for 3 years in school for 2H a week.
    That's so cool! I really admire people who speak many languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I am in Northern New England, USA and feel very blessed to be here with my beloved Hubby (childhood sweetheart) of almost 45 years!
    I love the 4 seasons and living with awesome wildlife on a lake that is surrounded by miles and miles of forests.
    We moved here from a nearby city over 30 years ago, with the idea of retiring here; now we are fully enjoying fully our retirement retreat.
    That sounds absolutely wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    I'm from the really really hot part of california with droughts and a sun so hot it burns you alive n starts fires, I would move in half a heartbeat.
    Oh dear, I can see why, California is having a rough go of things these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinthondiel View Post
    Norway Grew up in Northern Norway, above the Arctic Circle, where there's midnight sun in the summer and aurora in the winter (but also polar night, which means about a month where the sun doesn't come above the horizon at all, and very little sunlight in the winter in general, so I'm more than happy living further south and just visiting family in the north occasionally)
    As magical as the Aurora must be I can definitely understand why you'd give the polar night a pass!

Striving for my terminal length.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

All these paradises on earth! *swoon*

As for me, I'm in the tropics just south of where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia. Crocs roam the waterways in this beachside locale, and people come to explore and wind down in Dr Moreau's playground (the film was shot here--and yup, that's our weather). The coconut palm that towers above my letterbox is ready to drop some bombs--I feel for the letterbox.

I've also lived opposite the largest sand island in the world for about 10 years, and before that, a place where a giant pineapple enticed the masses and cane fires blazed in the dusk sky. And this isn't even my native state.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Southeast of Brazil, in a city known (locally) as "land of drizzle".
    Nothing fancy about the region, I think. Might as well be described as a "concrete jungle that never sleeps".

I like it. It lacks natural landscapes, but urban landscapes have their own charm.

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    All these paradises on earth! *swoon*

As for me, I'm in the tropics just south of where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia. Crocs roam the waterways in this beachside locale, and people come to explore and wind down in Dr Moreau's playground (the film was shot here--and yup, that's our weather). The coconut palm that towers above my letterbox is ready to drop some bombs--I feel for the letterbox.

I've also lived opposite the largest sand island in the world for about 10 years, and before that, a place where a giant pineapple enticed the masses and cane fires blazed in the dusk sky. And this isn't even my native state.
    Heeey, you used to live in my backyard! The novelty oversized pineapple and drifting cane ash were features of my childhood, and I'm still within a 40 minute radius!
    You've made a bit of a steady migration up the coast, haven't you?
    I've always said that one day I'll visit the Daintree, but definitely not in summer, and definitely not for swimming :P

Length
    Chin/Knee+/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Spinder View Post
    Ooh, a fellow Canadian! Hi there! I know, right? Everyone outside of Canada thinks Canada = cold, but in many regions that really isn't the case! The winters seem to get milder every year, where I am. One of the few things I miss about living in the Maritimes is all the snow. Snow is so beautiful, and it gives me days off when there is enough of it!
    I feel you! I come from Eastern Quebec, where there's always a lot of snow and winter is actually cold, but now I live in the south of the province, and I miss my old winters so much.

Although I live in the USA, I'm from the UK. My hometown is London.

As I have a Welsh first name, even though AFAIK I am not Welsh atall, I should point out that today is St. David's Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJL5TIM9BMQ

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alun View Post
    Although I live in the USA, I'm from the UK. My hometown is London.

As I have a Welsh first name, even though AFAIK I am not Welsh atall, I should point out that today is St. David's Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJL5TIM9BMQ
    I hope you still have your amazing awesome Landon accent!

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

In the US. Top left corner (Pacific Northwest).
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    In the US. Top left corner (Pacific Northwest).
    Nice! If I ever visit America, I'm spending time in the PNW for sure, I hear it's got some amazing nature