Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What does your significant other think of your hair goal and hair care routine?

Length
    Birth/TBL/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Default Re: What does your significant other think of your hair goal and hair care routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Starsetta View Post
    My other half knows how much I love my hair. He honestly i think loves my hair at the length it is now wich it TBL. However i'm about 6" off from my goal. he puts up with me asking him to take pictures and the "Can you measure my hair?" that occurs monthly. I think have also peaked the girl interest inside of him because i have helped him improve his hair and he's now more hair conscious. from washing styling deep conditioning and products. he's seen me on the LHC lurking in the classic to Knee thread and saw a picture of some knee length hair and i almost laughed when he said her ends need trimmed they are unruly. he also commented on how out of control it was. however i think that if my hair ever reached my knees it would be very well maintained. so we shall see. but for right now i think i may have to ask him what he actually thinks since i know my hubby he is very forthcoming when i ask anything.
    adding to what i've already said since i asked him what he thought of my slight hair obsession. Bottom line he said it's your hair and i am in love with you whether or not your hair is short and shaved or so long its to your feet. I just love you and of course this had me hugging him and giving him a few kisses to go with my hug. He has also agreed to learn to 3 strand braid my hair since summer is on its way and that is my go to in the summer especially when it comes to swimming. I'm gonna need his help. If I can I will also teach him to french braid and trim my hair. It would super help me out. not to mention i seem to find he likes to take care of simple things for me sometimes. Helping me with my hair also seems to be on that list now since he asked if we could try braiding again on the weekend. were on 6th day hair.. thinking i'll let him braid it tomorrow or saturday and push my wash a few extra days and add some coconut oil to my hair lengths and wash it the next day on sunday or monday if i feel like he did well with the braid.
    ~Trying to find that perfect length~
    ~Nobel Title: la piccola donna dei lunghi capelli ricci dal bosco~
    (In Italian)

Type
    1a/C/iii

Default Re: What does your significant other think of your hair goal and hair care routine?

we both love floor long never cut hair

Length
    27/27.5/32
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hnnn... I'll update my partner on new things I'm doing "Hey I'm trying hairsticks now!" "Learned how to bun!" "I've been oiling it, feel how soft!" a and he's happy when my hair is healthier and softer. I don't think he's particularly invested in my hair's length since it's never been short during our time together, and I've expressed intent to not cut it... I'm probably more invested in his hair length than he is in mine!

He's quite sweet in that he'll go out of his way to help out with my haircare somtimes: he'll henna my roots whenever I've asked ahead of time (I *still* don't know how to henna my own hair while he's become quite the expert!), and he's okay with driving me places with the explicit purpose of buying hair toys. x3

He himself has APL hair (it used to be BSL, but he cut it because it got caught under his shoulders while driving too often) and he'll let me experiment with his hair to figure out how brand new styles work before I try it on my own head.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It's actually quite funny: in theory, he looooooves long hair. The longer the better. But since I wear it up all the time, he's actually starting to wish I would cut it, just so he can see me with my hair down more often!
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    It's actually quite funny: in theory, he looooooves long hair. The longer the better. But since I wear it up all the time, he's actually starting to wish I would cut it, just so he can see me with my hair down more often!
    Ah, that’s a part I miss about having shorter hair... or at least being not-so-hair-conscious, is leaving it down all the time. But it would get stringy and ratty and I’d usually just put it back up again. I haven’t worn my claw clip since I started bunning my hair every day a couple months ago so maybe that will help this wish to have my hair down.

My partner is happy I have a hobby with my hair, he told me he’s glad I’m so into it. It’s not like I don’t have other hobbies but I guess he’s happy I have another one. He makes it a point to tell me regularly how nice it looks and how soft it is. He’ll help with henna. He is supportive of however long it grows mainly because it’s attached to my head. What a guy

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I don't think he has an opinion on my hair. I know he likes colored hair and he thinks I'd look good with short hair or with sidecut (need to say: I think that too) but he never suggests me to cut or color it. He's just happy when it eventually happens

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Mine couldn’t care less! About 5 years ago I had some lighter strands put in underneath on my dark hair. Surprisingly he noticed I’d had it done, then said it looked like my dog’s fur colouring, which I took as a compliment

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Haha my spouse actually prefers short dykey haircuts, preferably with a 90s flair, since they came of age in San Francisco in the 90s. That used to be my bag when I was that age but not anymore lol. They used to make jokes about me cutting my hair, but don’t anymore because I found it annoying. So that’s nice. Now they are more supportive and they even gave me a microtrim the other day. They have their own ridiculous hobbies they spend money and time on and certainly don’t begrudge me mine.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    1/18/32

My partner loves my shorter hair and is excited for it to be long, too. I think they just like variety

They're also growing their hair out from a short cut, and we support each other. It's a lot of fun to be in this together. Our hair types are on opposite ends of the spectrum and we're both pretty mystified by the others' routine.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

He’s says I’ve got beautiful hair but rarely says anything about it.
    I basically fish for compliments from him but that’s ok. I’m used to it.