Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair Perfume? ~

Default Re: Hair Perfume? ~

Yes, but, take care the scent doesn't build up in your hair (especially if your hair is porous and holds scents) and become overwhelming-- especially if you are prone to "getting used to" scents and no longer smelling them, and hence adding more scent without realizing there already is some.

Yes, I have found out the hard way.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Anyone found any hair perfumes they like lately? I ordered the tester kit from Oribe because I love that you can layer body washes, lotions, and hair oils, but unfortunately none of them hit me enough to want to order the full size.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/31"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Back in the day before I met my husband (who's asthmatic and can't be around many perfumes), I'd spritz a little of whatever I was wearing onto a boar bristle brush, let it dissipate, then gently brush it through my hair. Always smelled amazing.

Alternatively, a lot of Nightblooming's oil blends smell absolutely amazing and don't have drying stuff like alcohol in them, so they're safe on hair.

I used to just use essential oils (can't now because I have a cat). It's easy for them to be too strong, though, and it's hard to dilute them (because normally I'd dilute in oil, and if I don't want to oil my hair, then...).
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    Back in the day before I met my husband (who's asthmatic and can't be around many perfumes), I'd spritz a little of whatever I was wearing onto a boar bristle brush, let it dissipate, then gently brush it through my hair. Always smelled amazing.

Alternatively, a lot of Nightblooming's oil blends smell absolutely amazing and don't have drying stuff like alcohol in them, so they're safe on hair.
    Ohhh I love this suggestion! Iíll have to pull my BB out and play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I used to just use essential oils (can't now because I have a cat). It's easy for them to be too strong, though, and it's hard to dilute them (because normally I'd dilute in oil, and if I don't want to oil my hair, then...).
    Thanks for the heads up. I definitely donít want to overdose on scent!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I definitely don’t want to overdose on scent!
    Yes, I've found this out the hard way. My hair apparently likes to hang onto scent... which I didn't realize because I'd get used to the smell and stop being able to smell it. And then have people complaining about my "perfume" two washes after I'd last put scent in my hair... yeah.

Length
    27.5/27.5/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I really like a dash of nutmeg in my hair. XD I first added it when trying out a dry shampoo recipe, and it smelled so good I started adding a pinch just for the scent.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I like the oils and misters from NightBlooming. They smell lovely and are perfectly safe for the hair https://www.nightblooming.com/shop/oil-mist-dffuse/

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights