Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: February 2017: Arctic's Heartless Curls (heatless curling method)

Length
    APL/hip/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: February 2017: Arctic's Heartless Curls (heatless curling method)

Quote Originally Posted by Serimel View Post
    spirals you are so lucky to have your hairtype!
    I suppose I am. I will say this: I do like doing roller sets because they come out less frizzy sometimes and more perfect, like a hair commercial. Plus, vintage

Length
    18/21/25
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

[QUOTE=Arctic;3362225]Ooh, it's so fun to see my tutorial as a hairstyle of the month! I hope you all have great success with it!

I decided to call this method Arctic's Heartless Curls, courtesy of a typo someone made (Sorry I forgot who you are; In any case, thank you for the cute name idea!)

But first photos of my curls! These are taken about 3-4 hours after taking down the curlers.

Great tutorial Artic! I must say your hair colour is amazing! I`ve always wanted to achieve this warm chestnut auburn shade

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Okay so I tried this last night and I had some problems XD
    The section that was wrapped around the base was almost impossible to get out, and it had taken no curl at all. Just a frizzy straight lock.
    The bendy rollers did not want to stay tight, I ended up taking a (new, unused) ankle sock and tuck around the rollers (I used 3) to keep the rollers from falling out. And as my hair always does when I make it damp before going to bed, it was a massive frizz monster with some ringlets at the very ends. And one straight lock hanging 7cms lower than the rest XD

But it made for a very nice and big bun today, so I still got something positive out of it!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Sorry to hear that Pixie! I'm sorry I don't have idea why the first section didn't curl, on my hair that section seems to get the nicest curl of them all.

As for bendy rollers, it takes some trial and error. It matters whether you bend the ends to the direction where the (gosh I hope I can explain this with words only!!!) hair is rolled under, or to the opposite direction that forms a sheet of hair over the roller (you know, if the rolled hair would be a french twist, I mean the side where the hair gets tucked under, and the smooth sheet of hair on the other side). I can't for the life of me remember without testing which direction holds and which doesn't, but I have noticed in practice the only one direction of bending the ends works to hold the roller sturdily in place.

If moistening you hair tiny bit in the evening makes it frizzy, maybe some product would work for you better? I have been meaning to try my set out with products too, in hopes to get the most of the curls. I am imagining mousse or some setting lotion or maybe even spray leave in conditioner would work.

The sock idea was very creative!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thank you Lady Sophia!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I will try again, no doubt about that! I think next time I'll only try 2 rollers, I really don't need more as the ones I have are quite long.

Product in my hair is a tricky thing, I still haven't found anything to put in my dry hair that doesn't automatically turn me into a greaseball. I'll just try with dry hair next time, maybe use some low heat from my hair dryer make the hair slighly warm right after curling it up.

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Reviving an old thread...
    The first section that gets pinned around the ponytail, do you twist it as you wrap it around, or no?