Thread: Frequent washers club!

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: Frequent washers club!

Quote Originally Posted by pailin View Post
    I'll vote for that. I'm very picky about conditioner, and my hair is pretty fine. And still washing daily, at an inch shy of knee. I couldn't do this without conditioner that's just right.
    Even with much shorter hair, it made a huge difference when I switched from the cheap conditioner my mom always had to something heavier when I was in college.
    Oh, interesting. My hair is fine and for years I didn't use conditioner at all because it's so easy for conditioner to just weigh it down. I only need conditioner now because I have damage on the length/ends.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    I really should have explained better. By "stretching washes" I mean not washing your hair after it seems to need washing. Like letting it be oily and dirty and waiting as long as possible to wash. I've read that for many people this can do more harm than good. But of course everyone is different. I've just read a lot of cases where this turned out badly for people who thought it was the way to go.
    Oh, yeah, letting your scalp sit with grease and mank on it for as long as you can stand doesn't sound good. In my experience it's fine to leave it an extra day or so from the point of "yeah, looks like it could use a wash", but I think that's also because my hair is fine and low porosity so you just need to look at it funny for it to start getting greasy around the hairline and someone with coarser hair might find that by the time their hair looks greasy their scalp is getting itchy and needs washed.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    My goal was overnight, then an hour, now it's more or less 10 min I try to apply it and then do something "hygiene related" like epilating, plucking my eyebrows... so anywhere from 10-30 min I'd say.
    Ah, thanks, I also strive to leave it on overnight but that only works on the weekend. During the week I'm too lazy go get up before work for a hairwash, so an hour in the evening it is

Length
    12/15/23
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Me too! I wash every day/ every other day, if I wait longer, I feel like my ends just get drier

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfaerie View Post
    Me too! I wash every day/ every other day, if I wait longer, I feel like my ends just get drier
    Me too also try to wash everyday too/every other day, if I wait any longer, I feel like my ends start feeling drier, and I shed more hairs too as I'm washing

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I have increased my wash to 3x a week and I may go to 4. I really think my hair hates my own oils.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I sometimes am tempted to wash everyday. Just for comfort it gives me...

Back on this track! Allergies flaring up means I need to wash allergens out of my hair.
    growing to APL

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I wash every other day. I'm very happy with my routine and so is my hair and scalp.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I wash every other day too and my hair and scalp is also happy with that too.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

It makes me happy how many people here still wash their hair more than once or twice a week! I'm just going with what works for my hair(Near daily, cheap stuff with sulfates/silicones) and ignoring the rest at this point I have no issues so why change?.