Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequent washers club!

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Frequent washers club!

Well I think as a daily washer I certainly fit here. I sometimes CO but either way something happens to my hair in one way shape or form when I have my morning shower. I've done this since I was about 14 and I'm not gonna stop. It is a scalp only wash and I only wash the bulk if I am clarifying. I use conditioner to rinse out heavy oils, as it works better than shampoo anyway. I love freshly cleaned hair, it feels nice and it smells nice. It doesn't seem to be doing any harm as my hair isn't dry and looks healthy and shiny despite the hair dye.

I did try stretching when I joined here as I don't get oily scalp every day but the itches....it felt like I had lice. On the days I didn't wash I just personally didn't feel clean, obviously that's in my head as you don't need to wash your hair to be clean, but after daily washing for 500 years it's hard to get your head around not doing it
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    According to a hairdresser (in my youth), washing once a week = normal, more than once a week = oily (so however much you need to wash), and longer than a week = dry. I think I went by that for starting the thread.

Ah, I see.

I can wash weekly, and sometimes do, but my hair does get oily on day 4 onwards, so....at the moment it's wash twice a week.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ?/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I wash twice week usually - Thursdays and Sundays. Some days I can't on those days and will involuntarily stretch - and it never turns out well for my poor scalp. I use sulphates on it too!

I stretched to once a week a long time ago, but my poor scalp got so raw and sore it was awful. Twice a week gives me usually one day where I couldn't wear it down at all and that's it.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Today was wash day, as I'm going out tomorrow night and wanted my hair to look nice. I used Shea Moisture's african water mint shampoo and the shea butter conditioner. Scrubbed my length for a change, and didn't use as much conditioner. Still feels great! Wonder how the takedown of the French rope braids is going to be.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    APL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm a twice-a-week washer, too! I have to because of my SD.

Length
    CBL/MTL/Knee?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I don't think of twice weekly washing as "frequent," either, considering that I washed daily until I was 18 and discovered the LHC (wow, was I really that young when I got here?). But I wash on Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings. Trying to go longer just makes me feel yucky and I think the frustration with not feeling presentable contributed to my big chop in 2013. I like my rhythm now, I think it's a good balance.

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    According to a hairdresser (in my youth), washing once a week = normal, more than once a week = oily (so however much you need to wash), and longer than a week = dry. I think I went by that for starting the thread.
    This is interesting to me because my hair and scalp seem to be pretty happy with washing every 2-3 days (so I guess that's 3-4x a week) but my scalp feels dry, not oily. I don't get very oily. I would say my scalp starts to get itchy and just kind of feels dry. I think my lengths and my scalp just like being exposed to water every couple of days to re-moisturize. I WANT to go back to co-washing so badly because my scalp feels like it wants more moisture, but it makes me shed so much.

What's a girl to do!
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I wash every other day when I am working- when I am just at home I can stretch it another day- but it is NOT presentable and if I go out of the house I must cover it!
    I tried for months when I was staying home to stretch washes further, but my scalp Never adjusted, and I constantly was just a big grease ball.

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I certainly fit into this thread. Im a daily washer and wouldn't have it any other way

Length
    27/52/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Daily washer here! I can stretch to every other day, and now that I've figured out what my scalp likes, it doesn't even itch too badly. But it's much much better behaved if I just wash daily. Maybe we should have a daily wash thread too, as we have quite a range of frequent washing.