Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Clarifying every wash safe?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Clarifying every wash safe?

I also use a Gentle Clarifying Shampoo as well by Mane N' Tail. I've just used it twice this month already. Because, I co-wash a lot like 6 or 7 times a week. Plus, I deep condition twice a week, and my hair tends to get a build up on it after a while.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I just bought the Redken cleansing cream shampoo, and while I only have one experience with it thus far, my first impression of it was, that it was gentle but effective. It removed the kid of buildup my other chelating/clarifying shampoo had not removed, and my hair has been really nice afterwards. There is no dryness but I conditioner well after washing with it.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Anyone recently use the Redken Cleansing Cream discussed in this thread? I see it only comes in a liter bottle now, and it’s called Clean Maniac. I wonder if it’s the same?

Last edited by renia22; July 20th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Anyone recently use the Redken Cleansing Cream discussed in this thread? I see it only comes in a liter bottle now, and it’s called Clean Maniac. I wonder if it’s the same?
    What about the ingredients, renia?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

It looks like they tweaked the ingredients. The first is an ingredient list I found from 2014, the second is the current ingredient list:

Ingredients (2014): Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Lemon Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf ExtractLess

Ingredients (2019): Aqua / Water / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl, Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Sterate, Cocamidoprpoyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Pentasoidum Pentetate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Steric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract / Sugar Cane Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydropyltrimo-Num Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylropional, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract / Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Sinesis Exrtact / Camella Sinesis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide (D47572 / 2).

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

If anyone has been using the current one and has an opinion on how it compares to the previous formula, I’d love to know.. :/

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I agree with Angie. Don't clarify for every wash. Clarify once or twice a month, and just use a good cleansing shampoo for every wash that has sulfates in it but when you go through your cycles if you're gonna use a cleansing shampoo with sulfates in it only shampoo with once cycle then use any conditioner afterwards. Because, the clarifying during every wash can cause your hair to dry out I think. Especially, if you don't have any product build-up. It's great that your scalp loves it though.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    I agree with Angie. Don't clarify for every wash. Clarify once or twice a month, and just use a good cleansing shampoo for every wash that has sulfates in it but when you go through your cycles if you're gonna use a cleansing shampoo with sulfates in it only shampoo with once cycle then use any conditioner afterwards. Because, the clarifying during every wash can cause your hair to dry out I think. Especially, if you don't have any product build-up. It's great that your scalp loves it though.
    I sulfate wash every week. Not with a clarifying shampoo, but Pantene Aqua Light is pretty much up there for clarifying with its ingredients. It hasn't "harmed" my hair in any way shape or form and I have been doing this for years.

I think it's up to your own personal routine. Some people have finicky scalp and need a good harsh cleanse, others the opposite. So it pays to adapt your routine accordingly.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I use a clarifying shampoo once a month but couldn't use it weekly as it would be too drying; I must use a heavy conditioner or mask after I clarify.

While I use sulfate shampoos, they are not drying in the way a clarifying shampoo is.

I don't seem to have much (if any) build up with the coney/serum products I use, but the clarifying shampoo does brighten my hair and gives it nice boost.

But my hair is fine and wispy and I produce scant sebum; by the end of the week my scalp hair is just starting to feel heavy, but doesn't even look greasy.
    I could go another week before that happens but I prefer fluffy hair
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; July 20th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I sulfate wash every week. Not with a clarifying shampoo, but Pantene Aqua Light is pretty much up there for clarifying with its ingredients. It hasn't "harmed" my hair in any way shape or form and I have been doing this for years.

I think it's up to your own personal routine. Some people have finicky scalp and need a good harsh cleanse, others the opposite. So it pays to adapt your routine accordingly.
    Yes, I also sulfate wash every week too, and not with a clarifying shampoo. Oh, ok I see the pantene aqua light is pretty much up there for clarifying with it's ingredients. I have never tried that one.

Yes, you are definitely right that it's up to your own personal routine. Some people do have a finicky scalp and need a good harsh cleanse, others the opposite. Yes, it does pay to adapt your routine accordingly.