Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

To people who detangle top-to-bottom: how does that work? I've never tried it, but I would predict that I would get in one good stroke from the top of my head to my ears, at which point the brush/comb would become helplessly enmeshed in Evil Nape Tanglies and have no chance to get further down.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./59/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    To people who detangle top-to-bottom: how does that work? I've never tried it, but I would predict that I would get in one good stroke from the top of my head to my ears, at which point the brush/comb would become helplessly enmeshed in Evil Nape Tanglies and have no chance to get further down.
    I have tried it, a long time ago, and your prediction as to the extent your comb can travel before enountering "resistance" is absolutely correct.

Now I do it about 6" at a time from the bottom up to the nape, first over one shoulder than the other. Then I go after the sides and then the top and finally the underside from the nape, leaning my head all the while so as much hair hangs vertically as possible. Gravity helps to align strands naturally.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    25/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Now that I’ve been caring nicely for my hair for about 2 years, I still do a few things that aren’t so gentle: changing styles 4-5 times a day to accommodate what is happening at that time, which involves detangling/which I do gently with a TT brush 4-5 times a day, and wearing it down several times a week (also leads to brushing with a TT multiple times).

I have a solution to these ‘sins’ for myself in the future I hope braiding will work for me at longer lengths & when I grow out my layers… then I could feel the length down my back in a braid, fit my bike helmet on my head, and wrap it in a braided bun or around my head faux-crown-braid-style when I get to work… maybe some day!
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

i enjoy the asthetic of half-ups and mid-to-high ponytails. this leaves my length and ends horrendously exposed and prone to tangles throughout the day. my hair is quite thick (1.2" diameter?) and about MBL>BCL so it's quite heavy too. but eh, i like it :P

i try to alternate between a very lumpy-looking French roll and cinnabun using amish/spin pins... but i work on my PC and drive around and these two protective-bun styles are not comfortable with a headrest lol