Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

Haha... ONE sin... I had really healthy waist length pastel pink bleached hair for a long time that was growing well and I regularly did lots of hair sins. Only reason I chopped it and am babying my hair now is cus I tried stripping the pink out with bleach for a new job, and bleach on top of already platinum hair is... not good. But had I kept doing what I was doing (just the roots, no overlap of bleach) I could've very possibly had tailbone length by now.

Sins I committed:
    Using a SLS shampoo
    Washing my hair frequently
    Using a TON of cones
    Bleaching my roots every single month by myself
    Ripping thru tangles
    Conditioner on whole head
    Shampoo the ends
    Always wearing my hair down

I probably did more but this is just what I remember off the top of my head. Some of these I still do, but some I have stopped doing for now because I cut to shoulder and I'm trying to grow out some broken "layers"

Length
    14/14/39
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Well.. sadly I always have to blow dry my hair
    And often combing my WET hair. Argggh it hurts!

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Trichotillomania - probably the greatest sin against hair there is, but my case is manageable enough.

I wonder if there's more members with TTM here, although I find it very unlikely.

hair-brained
    Length
    pixi/butt/butt+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by halo_nova View Post
    Trichotillomania - probably the greatest sin against hair there is, but my case is manageable enough.

I wonder if there's more members with TTM here, although I find it very unlikely.
    I remember someone mentioning having it at some point, can't remember which thread tho. A search didn't find me any recently active threads, but there's an official trichotillomania thread if you want to revive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I cut out a huge tangle this morning... Caused by vigorous detangling while wet after washing last night, lol oops

Regularly, though? Hmm. I blow dry in winter, though on cool. Oh, I guess I use alcohol products on my hair often.
    These days I also wash with SLS and silicones and bleach bits in the front
    ᛃ 2008: 24cm/10" ᛃ 2015: 41cm/16" 2021: 104cm/42"
    instagrampre-poocwc wccpuppy

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by halo_nova View Post

It's actually pretty likely for there to be a number of people fighting hairpulling - that's part of why I'm here. Long thick hair is a serious achievement for those who pull. It's the one sin that I commit that I seem least able to change my habits with. I can teach myself to comb more gently, to wear it up and protected, but I haven't been able to quit pulling for more than a few days at a time since I was small. I don't officially have TTM as my scalp in my primary spot also has issues, but it's similar enough in behavior and effect.

Other things I do "wrong" are let shampoo go down the whole length without conditioning first, comb my hair too roughly (sometimes I'm good, but not often enough), not keep it in protective styles enough, let it go days without combing. I don't consider cones or SLS to be sins, it really depends on the person.
    Last edited by enting; June 7th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have a bad habit of jumping into tornados without securing it into an updoodely-do.

Ripping through tangles. Sometimes I just don't have time to work out a big tangle carefully, or I'm in the middle of braiding or something and can't work it out carefully with just one hand (and don't want to let go with the other hand and have to start over after I get rid of the tangle).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I remember someone mentioning having it at some point, can't remember which thread tho. A search didn't find me any recently active threads, but there's an official trichotillomania thread if you want to revive it!
    Thank you so much for linking the trich thread, I really had no idea there was one!

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    It's actually pretty likely for there to be a number of people fighting hairpulling - that's part of why I'm here. Long thick hair is a serious achievement for those who pull. It's the one sin that I commit that I seem least able to change my habits with. I can teach myself to comb more gently, to wear it up and protected, but I haven't been able to quit pulling for more than a few days at a time since I was small. I don't officially have TTM as my scalp in my primary spot also has issues, but it's similar enough in behavior and effect.
    I believe that it's possible for us to have long and beautiful hair, and this community can and does aid in the journey.

My case of TTM was at its worst stage when I was 15, nowadays (10 years later) I find it very manageable. I do pull everyday, but very low in frequecy and quantity throughout the day. I have never thought about it before but I've been wearing my hair in protective styles all the time, which helps me to not pull huge benefit combo!

I wear it down often and I shampoo the length every time I wash, but I only wash it once or twice a week.

Length
    13/34/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Not using conditioners would be my sin I guess. I hate the slimy feeling on my hands and they also make my hair hard to put up. Thankfully my hair doesn't tangle much so it's OK. I only use conditioner for special occasions.