Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Function of Beauty anyone?

Length
    23 cm/80 cm/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Function of Beauty anyone?

I really like FOB. I don't know for sure that they work better than other sulfate/cone free shampoos and conditioners for me. But I adore the scent and don't mind the cost because I wash my hair infrequently enough that it takes me about a year or so to use up a 16 oz bottle of theirs. But yes, the smell is divine and it's fun picking the color and scent, also the hair goals, but again I'm not entirely convinced that they work better for these than other products I could buy.
    Lady Ambarussa of the Sunlit Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    animetor7, or Ani Currently: Hip at 80 cm Next Goal: Tailbone at 102 cm

Dinglehopper Wielder ArienEllariel's Avatar
    Length
    17.5"/bsl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I had a "treat yourself" moment back during the beginning of lockdown and tried the Function of Beauty shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Mostly I just did it for the bright colors and peach scent. Generally it was fine but I definitely preferred the conditioner to the shampoo I chose. I will say that it didn't upset my scalp more than usual and felt more gentle than my typical shampoo (I use sulfate free most of the time because my scalp is prone to psoriasis-like flakies depending on the season and sulfates seem to make that worse). The body wash was definitely meh and too drying as well. Overall I can say that I liked it but not enough to continue to pay so much for it. Also the texture of the shampoo was just odd to me. Kinda like softsoap/cheap hand soap?

Length
    ./FTL/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

You can purchase FOB at Target now. They have 4 base blends that you can customize by adding little "boosters" to the bottles and shaking. It looks like the boosters come in packs of 2; one for the shampoo and conditioner. I don't want to spend($9.99) so much on an 11oz bottle of product but... the boosters look fun. Maybe I can add them to my normal products?? The boosters are $2.99 for a 2 pack/.2oz each.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    12/32ish/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

So I had been curious/suspicious of FOB for a while now (I'm always wary of things advertised to me on Instagram) so when I saw it at Target, I figured I could take a chance. I bought the straight hair base shampoo and conditioner, and added the shine booster and length booster. I'm still waiting for my hair to dry, but so far it feels pretty soft and clean after washing. Waiting for my hair to dry to see how it does texture-wise, since I have a bit of a frizz problem. Maybe I need the anti-frizz boost too.

Update: now that my hair is dry it feels kind of flat and frizzy. I haven't been able to brush it since I've been at work with no brush, but maybe I need a volumizer added to it. My hair is super shiny though!
    Last edited by Hellebore; March 13th, 2021 at 05:21 PM.
    Finally at waist! Now for the journey to TBL and beyond.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I would perhaps have taken a chance on it, if it was 1/in the EU 2/had sulfates. The no fragrance thing is kind of alluring to me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

So has anyone caved? I didn't do the online quiz or anything, and honestly I still think the idea is pretty dumb and gimmicky (no shade if it works for you! that's awesome!) but the Target line is more my speed. I chose the curly hair conditioner although I think the coily hair conditioner would have been a fine choice for me as well based on looking at the ingredients. I chose the deep conditioning booster and the curl definition booster. One thought I do have going in is that the deep conditioning booster does have glycerin in it, I know a lot of the lads and ladies around here get very upset when glycerin is reformulated out of a product (I would be too!), so maybe this could be a potential option that's also a bit of fun to add to a different product to get your glycerin fix? I'm going to add both of the conditioner boosters to the FOB conditioner and then add the shampoo boosters to my regular shea moisture shampoo just for a bit of fun to see what happens. I'll leave a bit of a review once I've used them!

[Shaved | Pixie |Chin | Shoulder | APL |BSL | Waist | Onward...]