Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bun Instructions & Troubleshooting

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bun Instructions & Troubleshooting

I would like to ask about the LWB. I can make it, but it never holds and the loops fall apart after a short while. Is my hair too short or is it supposed to be secured with extra pins?

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    I would like to ask about the LWB. I can make it, but it never holds and the loops fall apart after a short while. Is my hair too short or is it supposed to be secured with extra pins?
    I can do it and I'm not at BSL yet. What I've found out is it doesn't hold for me when I make it the usual way. I only use one finger. And I change the loop. Instead of keeping it at the same direction, I switch it.
    Give me a bit I'll record what I mean. I'm not sure how to explain it lol.

I also realized I do it different in general, with the hands and stuff :'D
    Last edited by Silverbleed; November 30th, 2016 at 09:02 AM.

CL/SL/CBL/APL/BSL/WAIST

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Yay I need a bun I can make. I'm at BsL but my hair will not hold a bun. I will say I do have a v shaped hemline and my hair is like silk. Which yes it feels nice but it has no grip. Strangely if I put my hair up when wet I have much better luck. My hair has more grip then. So I would like to learn buns for BsL that don't need a hair tie or a bun form.
    Who knows what I'm gonna do with my hair anymore...

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I can do it and I'm not at BSL yet. What I've found out is it doesn't hold for me when I make it the usual way. I only use one finger.....
    Seconding the one finger thing, that's the only way I can get it to work for me. I can sometimes get two to work now, but it's only reliable with a smaller loop for my bsl hair. Granted, my hair is the opposite of slippy, so this might not be that helpful.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I remember the thread you made. I really hope you find this helpful then!
    There was some awesome stuff in there--this forum is so crazy helpful. If I can find it back (somebody AKA me should have actually bookmarked it if she was thinking ahead...), I'll transfer some of the tutorials folks posted over here, so we have a comprehensive "instructions" thread.
    Last edited by Katia_k; November 30th, 2016 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Typing pre-coffee is hard.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

And try using a different holding tool. I need a multiprong fork for Lazy Wraps.

Length
    SL/CBL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I can't wait until my SL hair is long enough to put in a bun. For now all I can do is the peacock twist thing. For now I'll do some advanced studying.

Length
    pixie/~BSL/knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My hair is at bsl (however I have a short torso/from the crown I measure at 25") and I cannot get my hair in a decent bun for the life of me. I also have hands that cannot function behind my head for some reason. Notnaure if my length or lack of braid/styling fingers is causing me such distress

I'll echo a few other people -- any tips for people with silky, fine hair (without necessarily having to resort to product) would be great! I have enough hair to do the simplified versions of a couple of buns meant for much longer hair, but my hair absolutely does not want to stay. I get lumps and droopiness which just ends up looking a mess.

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

This is how I do my LWB. I mirrored it as well, because I'm a lefty.

I figured I'm doing it different, some go upwards but I like to switch to the other side, downwards. And if I use my left hand, I place the stick on the top right side.
    Somehow if I do it the opposite direction, it doesn't stay. While this way it will stay during a workout.

CL/SL/CBL/APL/BSL/WAIST