Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fine Hair---What's with being so fuzzy?

Length
    28MBL/39+CL/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Fine Hair---What's with being so fuzzy?

Howdy y'all! I've been noticing what I can only think to call fuzziness. I've always had "sprigs" sticking out of my braids. But recently I've been noticing hairs at all lengths that stick out and curl up a bit. I don't know if it's new, I've only started paying closer attention to my hair in recent months. I've added pics to help you see what I'm trying to describe. I first noticed it shockingly when I clarified last month for the first time in years. I usually use sulfate free poo, but my rinse out and leave in conditioners have cones. Guess my baby fine hair isn't getting weighed down heavy by the cones?
    Is this new growths at various stages? It's extremely rare that I find a white dot or split end.
    How do I tame down the crazy fuzzies?
    PS the bigger waves in my hair because I had it in a bun today.

Thanks in advance!
    [IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]uu[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Fine Hair---What's with being so fuzzy?

My hair is very coarse and it does exactly this. I think it's more of a wave pattern/frizz then from hair texture, Which makes sense it happened after clarifying since your hair isn't being weighed down by cones.
    Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    SL/CL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

That's not just fine specific, that kind of frizz is usually from over-brushing or brushing the wave pattern out of your hair in my experience.
    Also there are multiple lengths of hair on your head in different stages of growth, sometimes it just happens regardless.

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Microtrimming/Maintaining at Classic | Wearing hair up since July '16 | WCC/LOC

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

My hair does that when brushed unless tamed with a bit of oil or coney serum. It is partcialy from the different lenght of the individual strands, and the wave pattern in your hair. I found out after join LHC and doing some no touch hair typing that I am actually quite wavy instead of strait as I had always thought. Now if I work with my hair and brush less, and use a wide tooth comb, with less touching, and a bit of leave in for definition I get nicer waves instead of fuzz.

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017

Length
    20"/46"/?
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hair is never all the same length. Each hair reaches the end of its life cycle, sheds and starts growing again at different times, thankfully, because otherwise we'd go completely bald every decade or so. It's completely normal to have hairs of all different lengths sticking out of your braid, but certain products/ methods may make them frizzier or more noticeable.

Length
    28MBL/39+CL/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm simply speechless. My whole life my mother has told me I have stick straight hair and I've treated it accordingly.
    I'' going to have to learn to do some no-touch care and see if I can find my curl pattern. Maybe my hair isn't impossible after all!
    It was at its most extreme the day I clarified. It was going all kinds of directions. I hadn't clarified in forever and though I had let the clarifying poo sit on there too long. Directions said 3-4 minutes if it's been a long time so that's how long I left it on.
    Up until that point I would use mousse while it was wet and hair spray once I styled it. I haven't been using those lately because I am getting away from regular use of strong chemicals because over the past few months I seem to have it through my head that I can't use anything leave-in other than conditioner or I'll be damaging my hair.
    Is it safe to use mousse and hair spray? I can't remember what was the catalyst to turning me into such a purist.
    How should I go about finding my waves and then caring for them?
    Thanks for such great news! I always wanted a little wave! ��

Length
    28MBL/39+CL/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Oh, also my hair is in layers right now that I want to grow out. That explains a lot of the length differences I think. It's that unruly fuzziness and its tendency to explode in all directions that got
    me confused.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

You might not be finey at all, your individual hairs seem very visible even from these photos taken not super close. If the sticking out hairs represent your texture I'd put you in M, if you also have finer hairs then maybe F/M.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't know Arctic, sure looks F to me. But the OP needs to decide that for herself, of course.

Yes, what previous posters have said, you have hair of all kinds of lengths on your head. It will *never* be all the same length. That is an impossible goal to attain due to the shedding and regrowth cycle.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    28/34.5/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Your hair reminds me so much of my own, right down to the shorter layers, except a different color. My hair looks like your latter three pictures when I take it out of a bun or braid and comb through it.

From what I understood from your post, the wavy texture was the result of bun waves, yes? A hair typing experiment would probably still be good.

Lucky you on never having a split. I'm jealous.
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC