Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My spice rack herbal scalp oil recipe

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default My spice rack herbal scalp oil recipe

After sucess with making first what I call spice rack oil and great regrowth I wanted to post recipe. I used to use Essential oils but didn't want to put out tons of money so this is great for people on a budget. Most spices you can get at dollar tree for a dollar or aldis have them cheap and work just as well. Below pict shows how I started started regrowing in my slightly receding hairline after a very bad reaction and shed from shampoo bars, I also have halo of new growth all over my head. I've also had sucess with hubbys thinning spot that has regrow tons, however he forgets to use it more then not. You can use it once a week on wash days or whenever is convenient for you. I leave mine in for a few hrs to all day. you can add or minus other growth herbs of your choice! as always if it starts irritating scalp wash immediately. While my scalp loves this not all scalps are created equal!

1 tsp ground rosemary
    1tsp ground ginger
    1tsp rubbed sage
    1tsp dried orange peel
    2 cinnamon sticks or 1tsp cinnamon powder
    1tsp allspice

simmer on low in a water bath in a mason jar*for several hours. I start mine on medium and when I see little bubbles forming I turnit on low. Don't let it boil the point is to seep it in nice hot water.

I strain mine through several coffee filters but cheese cloth is prob best as its frustrating doing it through filters or you can just leave everything in there

oil of choice I've only used coconut or grapeseed this far. I use a pint size jar, put all my herbs on bottom and fill jar 3/4 to full (see below picts) and stir them well. I try not to make too much as I don't want to turn rancid before I use it all up. Store in dark dry place

Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/i/ii

Default Re: My spice rack herbal scalp oil recipe

I'm confused, you simmer the herbs in water, then mix the water with oil? That sounds possibly not right....? I'd love some clarification (and new pics, as the originals won't load), as this recipe sounds interesting and I'd love to try it with flax seed oil, my current fave oil.

From what I can read, you simply put the oil of your choice and the herbs into a jar and let everything simmer in a water bath.

what if I don't have a water bath?

A water bath just means that you put the jar into a pot of water that gets heated. You don't even need to close the lid of that pot. Does this help at least a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Platzhalter View Post
    A water bath just means that you put the jar into a pot of water that gets heated. You don't even need to close the lid of that pot. Does this help at least a bit?
    A lot . Thank you . I thought water bath is some kind of equipment . Silly meee >"<

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie90 View Post
    A lot . Thank you . I thought water bath is some kind of equipment . Silly meee >"<
    No problem and glad I could help

Hi Guys! I don't know if this is the right section to ask this but I'll take my chances anyway. I literally damaged my hair due to experimenting alot. hair color, ironing, extensions and etc. I dont know how to bring back my old and healthy hair I used to have before. My friends recommend me to try CBD oil. I heard its a thing now and ive heard alot of people are using this CBD oil thing..I tried searching what this CBD oil is capable of and im very fascinated to know its medical properties and how it can help many people from certain kind of disease like arthritis, compromised immune systems,muscle spasm, seizures, epilepsy, anxiety, and hair loss, but im afraid to try another again. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; September 7th, 2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: removed possible spam link

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

What does CBD oil stand for?

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh, I found it. CBD Oil = Cannabidiol oil.