Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 311

Thread: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

  1. #21
    Member Vanilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,996
    Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I'm not sure, it's kind of a grey area... I'm tempted to say yes, but then I don't want people thinking that a wide tooth comb is okay as well.

    I personally find that if you wash your hands right before touching your hair and drying them throughly, that seems to help with that issue.
    That's a great idea! I am going to have to experiment with that.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

  2. #22
    The Fowl Witch 🦆 vampyyri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,863
    Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    That's a great idea! I am going to have to experiment with that.
    Let me know how it goes! I know I definitely can't touch my hair before touching my equally oily hands (and everything for that matter) I'm literally an oil slick who needs four-six oil blotting sheets a day just for my face, and I need to wash my hair every two days since my scalp is equally as bad... so I feel ya on the oily front!

    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Started my journey over on 07/30/22 & learning to love my hair again
    { Finger Combing Challenge }

  3. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4
    Length
    16/25.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    I've been finger-combing since August 14th or so (I tried to do the August challenge but fell out a bit). I've found that as long as I leave my hair up (during the day; braided at night) I don't have many tangles to deal with anyway.

  4. #24
    The Fowl Witch 🦆 vampyyri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,863
    Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by kadnarim View Post
    I've been finger-combing since August 14th or so (I tried to do the August challenge but fell out a bit). I've found that as long as I leave my hair up (during the day; braided at night) I don't have many tangles to deal with anyway.
    Exactly, coinciding the wear your hair up challenge with this is the ultimate security against tangles!

    Day 33: Done!

    Day 34: Up in a claw clip for now, going to be doing an SMT and will be detangling then.

    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Started my journey over on 07/30/22 & learning to love my hair again
    { Finger Combing Challenge }

  5. #25
    Member morrigan*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,993
    Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Day 1&2(2.&3.9.)

    Avatar from Eveline Tarunadjaja

  6. #26
    Member Atarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North America
    Age
    41
    Posts
    243
    Length
    16.75/49"/55"
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    I started finger combing only somewhere around this past May and was wanting to keep it up for at least a year. That would put me at about 3 1/2 months; I'd love to join in this thread though. Always helps to hear others doing the same! Though my toddler likes to run a comb through my braid tail every so often.

    It seems I've been having more tangles (still not many though) since needing to tend the garden every day- think it's the humidity and sweat at the back of my neck. Even if my hair is up it gets little tangles at the nape when I take it down. Oh well, haven't had to cut any out yet!

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    27
    Posts
    49
    Length
    28/28/41
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Hey, joining this for a month ! I've been using fingers mostly for a few days now, but I need the extra push to put the brush and comb in a cupboard .
    If it gets oil in my hair that's not a bad thing, maybe my own oil would be the only one my hair doesn't reject completely haha.

  8. #28
    Member Adiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,400
    Length
    32.5/41/hmmmm
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    gosh, if i were to try this, i would turn into a giant dreadlock....i sleep with my hair all over the pillow/bed, i put it up through the day, but not before taking out the night knots... and more combing and brushing before going to sleep, to relax my scalp, which often hurts from my bun.....
    it's interesting to learn that anybody can live without combing and brushing for any amount of time....
    Wishing for Large Silver Glittery Primavera
    Would love a 4p quatro with special horisontal stone, or to try a heart shaped tusk,,.

  9. #29
    Member RebekahE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    "Maker of Rivers"
    Posts
    384
    Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Day 2: Finger combed and then used my wide tooth wood comb because I had to braid it as I was going out, otherwise I think I could of got away without combing.
    Day 3: Only finger combed! Yay! *happy dance*
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

  10. #30
    The Fowl Witch 🦆 vampyyri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,863
    Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

    Default Re: Finger Combing for a month/few months/year challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bezumi View Post
    Hey, joining this for a month ! I've been using fingers mostly for a few days now, but I need the extra push to put the brush and comb in a cupboard .
    If it gets oil in my hair that's not a bad thing, maybe my own oil would be the only one my hair doesn't reject completely haha.
    Yay! Yes hide that comb
    I've found that working the natural oils from my scalp (freshly washed and dried hands) really helps with being able to stretch my washes from every 2 days to every 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adiro View Post
    gosh, if i were to try this, i would turn into a giant dreadlock....i sleep with my hair all over the pillow/bed, i put it up through the day, but not before taking out the night knots... and more combing and brushing before going to sleep, to relax my scalp, which often hurts from my bun.....
    it's interesting to learn that anybody can live without combing and brushing for any amount of time....
    It's possible, I didn't think I was going to be able to do it (having really bad tangles with my TT several times a day), but strangely enough it's much better for me and my hair. I haven't found a single split since my last S&D session since I started this method! I always sleep in a loose protective style (ie, very large claw clip on top of my head as I'm a tummy/side sleeper), so I never wake up with tangles anymore. It was terribly tangle prone, but between adjusting my routine to match my needs, wearing my hair up except for drying, and finger combing, it's been a real eye-opener for what my hair's actual needs are!

    Quote Originally Posted by RebekahE View Post
    Day 2: Finger combed and then used my wide tooth wood comb because I had to braid it as I was going out, otherwise I think I could of got away without combing.
    Day 3: Only finger combed! Yay! *happy dance*
    Wooooo! Congrats!!!

    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Started my journey over on 07/30/22 & learning to love my hair again
    { Finger Combing Challenge }

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •