Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Squeakless" Clean Hair???

Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default "Squeakless" Clean Hair???

It sounds odd, I know....

I was always taught that the way you know when something you're washing is clean, is when it squeaks.

I've also learned on LHC that "squeaky clean hair" is not a good thing. It's an indicator of stripped hair.

So regardless of your wash method, what are the in-shower "squeakless" indicators of clean hair? How should non-stripped tresses feel when you finally turn the water off?

Thanks All!!!

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: "Squeakless" Clean Hair???

Well.

My hair actually love squeaky, so I guess the rule isn't all general.
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I hate when my hair is squeaky clean, it just feels awful to me.

That said, wet hair that later turns out squeaky, for me, is a bit stiff and doesn't separate nicely then either. (Almost like it's tangly even with all that water having run through it) Sometimes it doesn't work that way, non stripped hair can feel that way too, but generally the nicer it feels in the shower, the nicer it feels afterwards too. (That's just my hair, though. For a lot of people you can't really tell while it's still wet)
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Right. Squeaky means stripped hair with spread rough cuticle. The finger gliding and stopping over the micro-rough parts of the hair makes that squeeeak sound. Thatīs why the hair tends to squeak more / easier / faster towards itīs ends and less at the roots. Older cuticle is rougher than newgrowth, add being stripped of oils and the poor hair is squeaking for some care. Somehow scary how slogans in commercials can manipulate our needs. Who of us would have ever thought: "Hey, my hair does not squeak, itīs not clean!" without the infamous squeaky-clean commercial. Anyways. Not a good sign at all.

When my hair is oily and wet it becomes a very compact mass, itīs hard to get through the hair to the scalp for example and the length is one big and compact strand somehow clumping together.
    When my hair is clean and wet it is very easy to get my fingers through the scalp hair to the skin under it and the length is more spread out, several thinner strands which can be parted very easy.
    Thatīs about as good as I can describe it.

Most times when washing my hair I just go with the amount of my shampoo and application method which I know will leave it clean when itīs dry. Took some time to try that out, but works pretty good after the try and error stage.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I wish I could tell my mom that. when I was little she would make sure my hair squeaked after washing.
    I know my hair is clean when I can run my fingers though it and not have it tangle XD
    that and not make any bubbles when I rub a few strands together

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't pay enough attention to feel, I guess. I know my hair is clean because I know by experience that my CWC washing method works.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

This is kinda interesting. I've never had this problem/not problem I never knew that hair could squeak!

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My hair is never better than when it's "squeaky" clean.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

What Teazel said. It shouldn't actually squeak but my hair is only happy when it's fully clean. It doesn't shine if I do CO more than 2 or 3 times in a row.

Mine doesn't need to squeak, but it does feel different when it's fully clean. If it's dirty it just feels gross and greasy.