Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: YevheniiaShop

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default YevheniiaShop

New shop on Etsy, ladies! Once I saw her work, I ordered 4 pieces. Her carving is amazing and reasonably priced for this type of work. Although her carvings are lovely, the prongs on the forks were too short, which is also another common thing with makers on Etsy. I messaged her and she is more than willing to do customs. She is making my forks in 11.5 cm (4.5 inches) and total length 16.5 cm (6.5 inches) so I am totally psyched about these customs!!!

Anyone else checked out her work?
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: YevheniiaShop

I actually got an e-vite from her. A little scary but....okay. I'm looking at that raven fork. The prongs are not too short for me but with all of these heavily carved forks the topper is about 2 inches- which is a lot for my wimpy hair to take on. Still, I'm in love with that raven.
    Last edited by lunasea; August 6th, 2016 at 12:42 PM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    I actually got an e-vite from her. A little scary but....okay. I'm looking at that crow fork. The prongs are not too short for me.
    I got an e-vite, too, which I must confess initially took me a bit aback, but then I thought that this may be due to cultural differences, and someone being overly exited and zealous about their shop. The more I thought about it, I realized it's not such a bad infraction...so I decided to check out the shop. I was pleasantly surprised by her work and totally enabled
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Her regular pins are quite short, so you'd have to ask for customs every time. And the shipping to my location is a lot ($10) as well.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I don't know what e-vite is but that is lretty carving

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I just ordered 4 custom forks from her. She didn't charge extra for extending the prongs. She just made them to the size I wanted.
    DweamGoiL

Type
    1b/F/i

Can't wait to hear how you like them!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Are the forks curved?
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotica View Post
    Are the forks curved?
    I will let you know as soon as I receive them. They just shipped out today so I probably won't see them for a couple of weeks.
    DweamGoiL

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I just received my hairtoys today. They came in a huge box that made me question if that was indeed what I was expecting, but once I opened it, I understood why. So the hair forks come in individually packed wood jewelry boxes with the makers mark on top. They are very pretty and if you are only ordering one, it's a nice touch, but since I was ordering four, it seems a bit excessive. I will most likely just put everything into one box or perhaps two stacked on top of one another to take up less space.

The forks have no head curve, but this doesn't bother me. The carvings are very nice and all the forks were sealed with polyurethane to protect them. Well, all except one. I suppose it was because she was rushing to get them out. The Griffon one has no protective coating, but no biggie for me since I have a full can of clear Rust-Oleum I can hit that baby with. I will definitely have to do that before wearing it. You can tell it was spray painted with a powder coat and if I wear it without sealing it...well, that won't be good.

I have included a picture of the Griffon fork because its carving is the most intricate:

It really is beautifully done and there is an ombre type of effect between the gold Griffon and the fork part itself which was coated in white to give it a holly-like appearance.

The forks are very light and very smooth. There were no snaggy bits anywhere. Hope this helps anyone on the fence about this seller.

I am going to email her a version of this post. Since she is so new, I think these comments will prove really valuable for her moving forward.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; August 22nd, 2016 at 01:00 PM.
    DweamGoiL