Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    ... hating my hair and being frustrated by it for years while slowly trimming.

... In pictures I think your hair actually looks great. But I know how bleach damage feels and I understand wanting to get rid of it.
    Yeah, it's been a long time since I've been happy with my hair. It looks alright in pictures because you can't tell how thin it is in comparison to the rest of my hair.

I'm thinking APL instead of CBL. That way I don't lose all of my progress. I'll wait a while though, I have a rule that I can only get a cut yearly and that'll be late December.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    16/18/35
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I hope it's okay to bring this back. Because lately I have been watching Victoria with Jenna Coleman, and her hair makes me want to cut my hair blunt (it's fairytale-ish now). But I have been working hard to get my current ends, so I will give it the two weeks, before I do the cut!
    Neck - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Midback - ~Waist~
    Silk is FIBER Satin is WEAVE. Asking "Silk or satin?" is like asking "Steel or fork?"

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Chin/40.5/TERM
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

WHAT A GREAT TREAD!!!

It has been 1 year since my last hair cut. January 2017.. Seems soo long ago. I joined two "challenges" this year, the first being the wear hair up everyday, the second being not cutting at all in 2018. I have to say, 1 month into the challenge and I want to jump ship, I am fizzling out.. I have been wearing my hair up in a lazy wrap bun for the past 8-9 months before the challenge, and so I am just getting tired of it. First off I am feeling so bored with wearing my hair the same every single day.. Secondly the age old question "Why have long hair if you always wear it up?" I have long hair but I don't have any of the joy's of getting to wear it down.. but then when I wear it down I get so irritated with it being in the way that I put it up before I even get to work! There just seems to be no winning lately.. I just hit BCL recently, but my most favorite hair cut I have ever had was the inverted bob. I had that for 2 years, and I miss it all the time. I remember every few months when I would go get it trimmed I was so happy. I was taking time to take care of my self, and I just love the "stacking" of the hair in the back.. I am so so temped to just go make the chop and donate all my hair.. I am going to try to hold off on this urge until at least the spring. I am growing out blunt bangs currently and I would rather wait till those are at a good length to be able to blend into the inverted bob should I chose to go down that road. I am about 2 months into growing out the bangs.. The bangs were an attempt to fix my hair "boredom.." Big mistake.. Lol. My neck has been hurting and I get headaches and part of me is wondering if those are from wearing my hair in a bun every day.. Maybe I should try to wear it down more often and then I will get used to it down and it will not irritate me as much anymore and then my head and neck pain will go away.. Ugh, where is a magic 8 ball to make the decision for you when you need it..

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin3826 View Post
    WHAT A GREAT TREAD!!!

It has been 1 year since my last hair cut. January 2017.. Seems soo long ago. I joined two "challenges" this year, the first being the wear hair up everyday, the second being not cutting at all in 2018. I have to say, 1 month into the challenge and I want to jump ship, I am fizzling out.. I have been wearing my hair up in a lazy wrap bun for the past 8-9 months before the challenge, and so I am just getting tired of it. First off I am feeling so bored with wearing my hair the same every single day.. Secondly the age old question "Why have long hair if you always wear it up?" I have long hair but I don't have any of the joy's of getting to wear it down.. but then when I wear it down I get so irritated with it being in the way that I put it up before I even get to work! There just seems to be no winning lately.. I just hit BCL recently, but my most favorite hair cut I have ever had was the inverted bob. I had that for 2 years, and I miss it all the time. I remember every few months when I would go get it trimmed I was so happy. I was taking time to take care of my self, and I just love the "stacking" of the hair in the back.. I am so so temped to just go make the chop and donate all my hair.. I am going to try to hold off on this urge until at least the spring. I am growing out blunt bangs currently and I would rather wait till those are at a good length to be able to blend into the inverted bob should I chose to go down that road. I am about 2 months into growing out the bangs.. The bangs were an attempt to fix my hair "boredom.." Big mistake.. Lol. My neck has been hurting and I get headaches and part of me is wondering if those are from wearing my hair in a bun every day.. Maybe I should try to wear it down more often and then I will get used to it down and it will not irritate me as much anymore and then my head and neck pain will go away.. Ugh, where is a magic 8 ball to make the decision for you when you need it..
    As someone who HAS to wear their hair up everyday for work, I literally day dream about the day when I can wear my hair down during the day! I just hit APL and don't plan to cut for this year, maybe trim up in 2019. I feel where you are coming from with getting bored with buns.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin3826 View Post
    WHAT A GREAT TREAD!!!

I think if you are at the point of wanting to chop then wearing your hair down sometimes is okay! If it's a choice between long hair that's open to a little damage or long hair and headaches/unhappiness then I'd definitely go with the former. Come springtime you'll know what's best

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Pumpkin3826, I would not bow out of 2 challenges in one go. Pick one. Maybe it's better to wear it down rather than cut it shorter? Also, maybe it is getting too long for your liking. And maybe yes, you have to get out the no trimming challenge too, snipping an inch off, and seeing if you like that better.

Sometimes when it gets a tad too long, we start dreaming of short-short styles; when all that really needs to happen is cut a few inches off to ease that itch.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Ilm thinkng of putting some purple in my hennaed hair (streaks or similar). I'm worried about dye bleeding because I'm in a renal and don't want to stain things. Plus, oddly enough, the last rime I used Manic Panic my hair felt awful. If I try semis, it wouldn't bleed but would damage my hair.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Been having this feeling of cutting in bangs come over me like every couple of months. I absolutely love bangs. I like to have them bluntly cut and then taper a bit where my ears
    start. I used to always have them in high school, and then let them grow out. REALLY been wanting them lately. Not to mention they shape my fave quite well. I don’t go to a
    stylist since most of them don’t listen to me anyways, and I do a fairly good job with installing my own bangs, and trims and whatnot. What to, what to do. Only reason I’m kind of on the
    fence at the moment, is because most times I rarely use heat,and I always have my hair in a bun, and especially when my new growth comes in the bangs refuse to lay down. Wasn’t a
    problem back when my hair was APL or shorter.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    Buzz/APL/MBL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

What a helpful thread! I’m in a deliberative phase right now. I stopped coloring my hair years ago and now that it is APL with just a few inches of bleach left on the canopy layers I am getting the itch to either get some balayage to even it out or just chop off the colored bits. This is the longest my hair has ever been as an adult, so it seems particularly ludicrous to cut off so much. My natural hair color is dark blonde, so the bleach plus my natural highlights make a sort of beachy effect. Balayage would likely enhance that, but then it wouldn’t be my natural hair and I’m still quite curious what years of summer sun will do to my hair. You know what I mean?

For the past year I've kept getting these urges to add some black to my hair, like maybe dying the underside black. Every time I get one of these urges I just push it to the back of my mind and eventually the urge goes away but it always ends up coming back. Right now most of my waist length hair is dyed and I only have a little over a years worth of natural growth. I keep thinking that if I want to dye part of my hair black I should do it now because most of my hair is color treated anyways so it's not like I'm going to be ruining a bunch of natural growth. If I dye it black now it will only set me back a year in my end goal of going 100% natural, and a year to me in the grand scheme of things doesn't seem that long. I wear my hair braided 99% of the time so I think the black would look really cool in my braids. What do you do when you implement the two week rule and are able to push off the urge to do something only to have the idea repeatedly creep back into your thoughts weeks later? It's just frustrating because I really want to go 100% natural but I also can't stop thinking about adding black to my hair. I'm always able to talk myself out of it for the time being but sooner or later the urge comes back!