Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default The official 2-week rule thread!

Want to cut a huge chunk off (more than a milestone's worth)?

Want to go to a pixie from classic?

Think about it first, and do it here. Invoke the 2-week rule and we'll try and support / advise you as best we can, not to make you change your mind, but perhaps to see things the way you hadn't before.

Welcome to this thread anyone who wants to make a big change in their hair!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20/30/45
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Joining this thread

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've been thinking of going shorter since May, I was thinking to shoulder, but now I think I'll just take off a couple inches next week.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Thank you for this! Since my hair has been long literally my entire life (I don't think it was even trimmed until I was 3 or so, and then only to around waist-length. The shortest it's been was a few inches below APL at age 15), I am always wondering what cutting it would feel like. I'm constantly bothering my friends by sending them images or videos of certain shorter hairstyles that appeal to me, and usually getting a reply like "I would kill you if you cut it". I'm currently around hip-length and am always going between wanting these three looks-

http://www.popsugar.com.au/beauty/Ho...Kloss-26122339

https://youtu.be/czHZP2nIwzc

http://le-tourbillion.tumblr.com/pos...nashead-source

The curiosity overwhelms me- I wish I could know what cutting it feels like and have short hair for one day, and then have it automatically grow back!

Length
    CLB+/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Great thread! Sometimes cutting to APL is a thought that comes to my mind very often.

But soon I remember the fact that APL makes my head look like a triangle because the ends get too thick.

And then again...I want it LONGER!

Length
    0.6"/CL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I'm not exactly joining this thread but I have to say it's a good idea! My decision to go for terminal growth was actually BECAUSE of finally achieving the "big chop" I had wanted forever (a buzz cut, which every stylist ever refused to give me because I'm female and too shy to insist - a friend finally did it.) It can be incredibly freeing to actually do it and answer that question if you've never had that length in question.

Freeing to make the choice, but then once you decide to grow it back out... well, I did scarves in such a way nobody saw my hair in public for a year and a half until I got back to shoulder length. But I'm still glad I've been to a buzzcut now and confirmed that no, I really don't enjoy having it that short as much as I enjoy having it long.

Definitely agree that taking two weeks to mull it over is best. The regrowth period is sooo hard.

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Oh gosh, Lapushka, this is an excellent idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it. As I've mentioned a few times on here recently, chop-thoughts have been coming into my mind. Not a chin chop, more like an APL chop.
    I shall join. I've joined so many threads like the no trimming until January thread, the BSL to waist thread, even the waist by Christmas thread in efforts to motivate myself to not chop. The thoughts persist.

I worry about the femininity of long hair. I avoid femininity like the plague, I can't stand it (I don't mind it on others though, just not for me). But I love long hair because it's dynamic. It moves, it flows, it shines, it grows. And tons of totally masculine people male and female have super long hair, like bikers for instance. And Fabio! He's not feminine! So I try to think about them and how masculine long hair CAN be if you present it right.

Anyway, enough about my thoughts and anxieties. I'll whine more tomorrow. I just think sometimes how much more masculine I ~felt~ with shorter hair.
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HairPlease View Post
    Oh gosh, Lapushka, this is an excellent idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it. As I've mentioned a few times on here recently, chop-thoughts have been coming into my mind. Not a chin chop, more like an APL chop.
    I shall join. I've joined so many threads like the no trimming until January thread, the BSL to waist thread, even the waist by Christmas thread in efforts to motivate myself to not chop. The thoughts persist.
    Well the rule is universal on here, has been since... however long, but there just wasn't one official thread on it yet. So...

I'm not exactly a "girly girl" kind of woman myself, but still, I enjoy having long hair! You have to do it for you, not for anyone else, and it's whatever you want it to be!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Well the rule is universal on here, has been since... however long, but there just wasn't one official thread on it yet. So...

I'm not exactly a "girly girl" kind of woman myself, but still, I enjoy having long hair! You have to do it for you, not for anyone else, and it's whatever you want it to be!
    Yeah, I love the support a thread can provide because I have so much trouble with patience sometimes. And you are so right!!
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yep Great idea for a thread. I have been really struggling with cutting thoughts lately myself. Suddenly finding myself wanting an a line bob again. I think sometimes I miss having short hair because its easier to "do" for me. Less of it. So I can blow dry it, straighten it, curl it, and it looks cute. I can't seem to make my long hair look cute and I don't want to damage it with heat. I have wanted to cut a few times since I started growing out from chin length in Dec 2014. I have invoked the 2 week rule and I have not made it a full 2 weeks without being grateful that I waited, and continued to grow my hair. This is a bad urge though. Im hoping it goes away soon.