Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyLurker View Post
    Well, I did it. It's been a week, and I'm really happy with them (side bangs). They're not that convenient, but the fact is I just look better with bangs of some kind.
    Yay! Sounds good I don’t think they’re ever convenient but they can make such a difference to how you look and how you feel about your hair.

(By “you” I mean “how one feels” but I don’t want to sound like the Queen )

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyLurker View Post
    Well, I did it. It's been a week, and I'm really happy with them (side bangs). They're not that convenient, but the fact is I just look better with bangs of some kind.
    Yay, congrats! I'm super pro-bangs and think that having some sacrificial hair and a way to feel like I have an actual hairstyle from the front with the rest pulled back makes me much more inclined to wear a protective style.

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    I'm seriously considering cutting to back APL+. Feels like the hair has a mind of its own and is acting up.
    Yup, decided to go for the cut. I have an appointment tomorrow and the plan is to cut about 10-15 cm so I'll be back to APL. It should be about enough to get rid of damage and the most awkward layers. I don't know yet whether I'll continue growing or maintain for a while.
    Last edited by tekla; March 6th, 2022 at 03:16 PM.
    CL//SL//APL//MBL//WL

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Yup, decided to go for the cut. I have an appointment tomorrow and the plan is to cut about 10-15 cm so I'll be back to APL. It should be about enough to get rid of damage and the most awkward layers. I don't yet whether I'll continue growing or maintain for a while.
    Wow you really did the 2 week rule! APL is a difficult length for me. It looks good, but I was thinking recently about how all the parts of your back that 'stick out' like the shoulders and hips are harder to grow out, because of the rubbing. I've never been to WL or TBL though so I don't really know for me.

Edit: actually keeping hair up (which is hard for my texture at APL) would negate that. Good job on waiting and being consistent! That's awesome!
    Last edited by thatsideoflife; March 6th, 2022 at 03:10 PM.

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by thatsideoflife View Post
    Wow you really did the 2 week rule! APL is a difficult length for me. It looks good, but I was thinking recently about how all the parts of your back that 'stick out' like the shoulders and hips are harder to grow out, because of the rubbing. I've never been to WL or TBL though so I don't really know for me.

Edit: actually keeping hair up (which is hard for my texture at APL) would negate that. Good job on waiting and being consistent! That's awesome!
    SL was a nightmare! Ends did definitely flip and point out to all directions. APL was a lot easier.

One reason for cutting is that I suck at wearing my hair up. I get scalp ache/soreness really easily and I rather wear hair down. That hasn't been good for keeping the ends happy and healthy and I have a lot of splits and white dots.
    CL//SL//APL//MBL//WL

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

SL was a nightmare! Ends did definitely flip and point out to all directions. APL was a lot easier.

One reason for cutting is that I suck at wearing my hair up. I get scalp ache/soreness really easily and I rather wear hair down. That hasn't been good for keeping the ends happy and healthy and I have a lot of splits and white dots.
    Yes, wearing hair up is hard for me too. I have ruined my hair many times by constantly throwing it in a top knot. Hello white dots! Enjoy your cut! I need one myself!

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

It's no point joining here for me really every time I think of going here the urge to just do it gets stronger and I cave in a day z

Length
    CBL/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I'm thinking about giving myself a horseshoe cut for ease of pin curling, and to be honest my hair could really use a trim.. Right now it's sort of a reverse U at the bottom because I haven't really cut it since the beginning of quarantine, I kind of butchered it into a bob that was longer in the front. I'm pretty attached to the way it makes my hair look longer, but if I can pin curl my hair all the time I think that might make up for the loss of length.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I'm thinking about giving myself a horseshoe cut for ease of pin curling, and to be honest my hair could really use a trim.. Right now it's sort of a reverse U at the bottom because I haven't really cut it since the beginning of quarantine, I kind of butchered it into a bob that was longer in the front. I'm pretty attached to the way it makes my hair look longer, but if I can pin curl my hair all the time I think that might make up for the loss of length.
    Yay I love horseshoe cuts Spidermom’s method works well. I know what you mean about losing the length at the front, but I think it’s a very flattering shape all round.

Length
    CBL/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Yay I love horseshoe cuts Spidermom’s method works well. I know what you mean about losing the length at the front, but I think it’s a very flattering shape all round.
    Thank you for the pointer! I’ll post a picture if I go through with it. I’m really leaning toward the idea because even losing that length, it would be really nice to have a normal haircut again.