Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    22APL/32.25/43CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Yeah, no, you're totally right. It isn't worth it. Right after posting that, I went into some preexisting japanese straightening threads and read about some people's experiences with long term JS and... Yeah no thanks. If you're curious, a common theme is scalp problems and thinning. Oh and the cost! I'm not sure what got into me but I'm glad it went back out.

I think the things that are challenging right now is feeling sad about my hairline, and also the poof. I haven't had hair longer than apl/bsl since my teens, so I've been dealing with a lot of poof for a long time. I just need to find some protective styles that look good, because I'm feeling really frumpy these days with my hair clipped low on my head. Also I wish there was literally anything I could do for my hairline. It's not normal for women's hair to recede I don't think, but here we are. It's probably not as bad as I'm imagining it to be though.
    Have you had your hormones checked? Whilst thinning and receding hairlines on women may not be ‘normal’, it’s not uncommon for women with, e.g. polycystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS) to have it.

I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS and with a similar hair texture to yours. I found once my hair became longer and I reduced the use of heat tools and stopped using products with sulphates and silicones, it calmed down any frizziness. I also try to have styles that gives a bit of volume to the front and some face framing layers or ‘tentacles’ with a grown out fringe/bangs, so that my face isn’t so severe.
    Last edited by Jools69; May 18th, 2021 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    12/16.5/50

Yeah chemical straightening is bad for your hair for sure at my school we only to chemical straightening on hair that's fully virgin or it fries it, keratin isn't as bad but still not ideal.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Yeah, no, you're totally right. It isn't worth it. Right after posting that, I went into some preexisting japanese straightening threads and read about some people's experiences with long term JS and... Yeah no thanks. If you're curious, a common theme is scalp problems and thinning. Oh and the cost! I'm not sure what got into me but I'm glad it went back out.

I think the things that are challenging right now is feeling sad about my hairline, and also the poof. I haven't had hair longer than apl/bsl since my teens, so I've been dealing with a lot of poof for a long time. I just need to find some protective styles that look good, because I'm feeling really frumpy these days with my hair clipped low on my head. Also I wish there was literally anything I could do for my hairline. It's not normal for women's hair to recede I don't think, but here we are. It's probably not as bad as I'm imagining it to be though.
    Yep that is *exactly* what I couldn't handle at shorter lengths: the poof. LOL And I call it that too. And if you feel better just blow drying it straight at that length: do it! If it gets you through a phase it will be worth it. Just don't straighten it with some hot iron (like I did). I had quite a bit of damage to cut out.

And I'm not mistake-less. I made my share! I went (curly) perm twice at that length, so I am not without fault; when I say it takes a heck of a lot of patience, I mean it. Whatever I could do to gain the length I needed, I did do. But I had damage that took me from hip back to BSL later on. I should have cut that pixie length to get it all out, but I grew the damage shoulder to hip against my own better judgement, but I just had to, I couldn't get over getting it short, again.

So I know. I know. I have been there!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/BCL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm contemplating cutting my hair. Nothing drastical for not-LHC standards. I'm at tbl basically and the cut would be to fresh bcl, we're speaking about 5-6 cm.
    My ends haven't changed since my last trim, but it seems like with time I can't stand that damage anymore. Also, when I look at myself in a mirror, I don't look like at my length. It looks shorter, and I don't know if the problem is the color or the thin ends. At the same time, I'm starting to enjoy my length, and that cut would mean having my wave-ish hair look like at hip again. Uff, I don't know...
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I'm contemplating cutting my hair. Nothing drastical for not-LHC standards. I'm at tbl basically and the cut would be to fresh bcl, we're speaking about 5-6 cm.
    My ends haven't changed since my last trim, but it seems like with time I can't stand that damage anymore. Also, when I look at myself in a mirror, I don't look like at my length. It looks shorter, and I don't know if the problem is the color or the thin ends. At the same time, I'm starting to enjoy my length, and that cut would mean having my wave-ish hair look like at hip again. Uff, I don't know...
    Maybe take off less centimetres? With waves I find that sometimes even just two centimeter makes a huge difference. You can cut two or three centimeters, troubleshoot, and if in a month or two you still feel icky you can cut off more. Hang in there!
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL/BSL/MBL
    As little conventional products as possible, but as many herbal rinses as possible

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yep that is *exactly* what I couldn't handle at shorter lengths: the poof. LOL And I call it that too. And if you feel better just blow drying it straight at that length: do it! If it gets you through a phase it will be worth it. Just don't straighten it with some hot iron (like I did). I had quite a bit of damage to cut out.

And I'm not mistake-less. I made my share! I went (curly) perm twice at that length, so I am not without fault; when I say it takes a heck of a lot of patience, I mean it. Whatever I could do to gain the length I needed, I did do. But I had damage that took me from hip back to BSL later on. I should have cut that pixie length to get it all out, but I grew the damage shoulder to hip against my own better judgement, but I just had to, I couldn't get over getting it short, again.

So I know. I know. I have been there!!!
    Iím at waist+ and ďthe poofĒ is still the bane of my existence. At what length did it calm down for you?
    ~BSL~MBL~WAIST~HIP~BCL~TBL~TBL+

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stardreamer View Post
    I've been considering bangs for months haha. But I'm giving it 2 more weeks
    Iíve never had bangs and Iíve been going back and forth about getting them for months now too. I want curtain bangs but Iím worried about various things . Sigh.
    ~BSL~MBL~WAIST~HIP~BCL~TBL~TBL+

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm glad that I had about every haircut imaginable. Layers, straight across bangs, curtain bangs, side bangs, an unintentional mullet, bob, pixie. I know what looks good on me and what doesn't. Hey, you will never really know until you try it. And you might always wonder until you do. I know I look horrible with any type of bangs, maybe as a kid it looked good on me but not today

Length
    12/16.5/50

Itís best to experiment while itís short, takes less time to grow them out all one length if it has less hair to catch up to, or get a wig similar to your hair and cut bangs on that and see how it looks

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Itís best to experiment while itís short, takes less time to grow them out all one length if it has less hair to catch up to, or get a wig similar to your hair and cut bangs on that and see how it looks
    The wig idea is smart