Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HairPlease View Post
    I want to try sleeping with my hair down. I have a silk pillowcase. Maybe I can give it a chance.

I dyed a very tiny streak in my bangs bright red today to distract myself from my length for a bit. My employer is the kind who doesn't mind (I have a male coworker with the same thing). I've never dyed anything a bright color like this before so it's really funny and distracting to me. I feel like a high schooler again.

I did that since I've been reading on here how tiny changes can make you slow down and think about not cutting for a while or something. So instead of chopping I did the silly alien red thing. It's easy to bleach it out of the bangs when I'm good and done with it, they're always trimmed anyway.
    That's a great "distraction" from snipping your hair! Don't get sucked into experimenting with color too too much, though. It can become a disaster esp. if you often change your mind, but I'm getting ahead of myself. I experimented with color too much and got a chemical burn & cut, but that was more than just one streak in the hair. So...

I'm glad you're happy with your touch of color!
    And great that you haven't cut, too!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks everyone!

Vampyyri - really? That's awesome. I hope my hair continues to look like yours as it grows. You hair is thudworthy.

Lapushka, that's crazy, I bet that was a mess to deal with. I can't imagine. I doubt this streak will remain for more than a couple weeks, but I like how it fits my somewhat evil personality. Muahaha. Maybe I'll keep it around for longer, but I'm too used to being 100% blonde to do anything too drastic. I've been about 5 different shades of light blonde and gray blonde and I've loved most of them.

I'm considering putting a few braids into my hair, but I'm afraid of damaging the ends. I'd use super soft ribbons to tie the ends off and do it myself, but I feel hesitant. And I really, really, don't want to be mistaken for some boho hippy. (Not that there's anything wrong with them)
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    SL/APL/BSL

I need to follow this rule every time. I've cut my hair back to shoulder length so many times, never again! I feel braiding my hair or trying other styles allow me to realize how much hairstyle opportunity I have. I also tend to put it up to avoid it distracting or flipping up to resist temptation to get it cut.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Lapushka, that's crazy, I bet that was a mess to deal with. I can't imagine. I doubt this streak will remain for more than a couple weeks, but I like how it fits my somewhat evil personality. Muahaha. Maybe I'll keep it around for longer, but I'm too used to being 100% blonde to do anything too drastic. I've been about 5 different shades of light blonde and gray blonde and I've loved most of them.

I'm considering putting a few braids into my hair, but I'm afraid of damaging the ends. I'd use super soft ribbons to tie the ends off and do it myself, but I feel hesitant. And I really, really, don't want to be mistaken for some boho hippy. (Not that there's anything wrong with them)
    Yeah, big mess! Learned my lesson, though, after many attempts () - just a streak is nice, though, and those dyes don't hurt.

Length
    pixie/apl+/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Officially joining this thread. My hair had been looking very bushy and pyramid-y before I solved my protein problem, but even now that my hair's much smoother, it's still pyramid-y. It looks like a cape and my head looks really small. I've been itching to cut in layers, so if I still feel this passionately about them in 2 weeks, I will. I'm pretty close to bsl, so I'll be doing the compact cut with the ponytail on top of my head, only cutting a few inches off.
    Pixie ---> Chin ---> Shoulder --->CBL ---> APL --->BSL --->Waist

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

So it's been almost 3 weeks and I'm still on and off about chop thoughts. One minute I love my long hair, and I can't wait for waist length. Next minute, I remember how much I love how thick and floofy my hair is at shoulder. I cannot make up my mind (I always have trouble making up my mind, it's a me thing).
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Length
    16"/20"/BSL ?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

What an perfectly timely thread, lapushka thank you so much for starting it, obviously I'm not alone. One day I'm enjoying & loving my hair & the next day I remember how "chic" I looked with it "pixie!" Joined LHC back in 2005, and have gone back & forth with this exact issue 3 times! The truth is I can't seem to find my true "hair" self & I'm going to 70 soon!

I'm now at APL the longest hair I've ever had, never realized what a real commitment you ladies have made to keep your hair long, you really have to want it & enjoy it. There has always been tons of inspiration along the way, thank you all!

Think I'd be miserable if I chopped my hair short again, once & for all I have to reach my goal of BSL, it's about time.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

So it's been almost 3 weeks and I'm still on and off about chop thoughts. One minute I love my long hair, and I can't wait for waist length. Next minute, I remember how much I love how thick and floofy my hair is at shoulder. I cannot make up my mind (I always have trouble making up my mind, it's a me thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by going gray View Post
    What an perfectly timely thread, lapushka thank you so much for starting it, obviously I'm not alone. One day I'm enjoying & loving my hair & the next day I remember how "chic" I looked with it "pixie!" Joined LHC back in 2005, and have gone back & forth with this exact issue 3 times! The truth is I can't seem to find my true "hair" self & I'm going to 70 soon!

I'm now at APL the longest hair I've ever had, never realized what a real commitment you ladies have made to keep your hair long, you really have to want it & enjoy it. There has always been tons of inspiration along the way, thank you all!

Think I'd be miserable if I chopped my hair short again, once & for all I have to reach my goal of BSL, it's about time.
    I find I teeter-tot between short and very long when my hair becomes just a "tad" bit uncomfortably long, which means classic+ for me. I find that by just cutting an inch or an inch or two, however much I'm over classic, solves it.

Maybe try that.

In any case go in small increments if you want to chop badly, because it might just be the length that is bothering you and a nice neaten-up might be enough.

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I find I teeter-tot between short and very long when my hair becomes just a "tad" bit uncomfortably long, which means classic+ for me. I find that by just cutting an inch or an inch or two, however much I'm over classic, solves it.

Maybe try that.

In any case go in small increments if you want to chop badly, because it might just be the length that is bothering you and a nice neaten-up might be enough.
    I took about 5" off - to me that's a small increment, my hair still swings like "long hair."
    I'm probably around APL. I don't think I need to go shorter, for now.

Length
    16"/20"/BSL ?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

Maybe try that.

Thanks for this excellent advice, going to take an inch or two off....Enjoy your weekend!