Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1086

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    APL/BSL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

You could always test it with a deposit only dye like Adore diluted with conditioner, and if you don't like it it rinses out so there's no commitment. Adore has a lot of good ginger/red shades that I find myself eyeing... but I never try it because I'm chicken

No trimming challenge 2023 | Finger combing only challenge
    APL {07/22} | BSL {11/22} | WL | HL | BCL?
    Learning to love my hair after a big chop & enjoying the journey

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Adore bleeds so bad and the stains are stubborn to remove. Great colour selection though

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I used a brown from Adore and I loved it honestly, no bleeding or anything and it faded nicely too.
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I used a brown from Adore and I loved it honestly, no bleeding or anything and it faded nicely too.
    I had magenta and it ran so much

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I wanted to write that i want to cut my hair short and I changed my mind again
    Last edited by paulownia; October 31st, 2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Den som vntar p ngot gott vntar aldrig fr lnge.

Length
    Hip/MTL/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Ohhh that could look SOOO good, on half bleached/half virgin hair.

I have read that hennaed hair can photobleach, a similar principle to how hennaed hair can be chemically bleached so the underlying hair lightens but without removing the henna much or at all. But I have no idea whether it would affect the degree of photobleaching - and I recommend seeking confirmation from someone more authoritative to be able to confidently inform your decision.
    Thank you for the input! Thats certainly good to hear regarding photobleaching and sounds like it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Henna is orange, and will look more so on top of blonde hair, against a cool skin tone. Next to the warm henna, cool skin tones can look unhealthy and lack radiance. There is no balancing out.

Below you write that you want something striking yet natural as you are performing music. "Striking yet natural" is how I would describe your hair now! That length will always be striking, especially in simple plait styles.

From your photos, your natural colouring seems cool, muted, and light. Achieving a striking look with muted (i.e. low-contrast) colouring is an interesting challenge, with some counterintuitive solutions. As someone with fairly muted colouring, I get a striking effect from dressing in a monochrome way. If I add more contrasting elements, it seems to bring me down to earth and I can look well put-together and approachable, but not particularly striking. Dressing with a restricted dark palette (because my colouring is dark) that has even less contrast than my features adds a sense of mystery. I can imagine a striking look for you involving a full outfit in a light neutral colour for you, with something to bring out the colour of your eyes, a jacket (fairly long, with strong shoulders?), and hair worn in a single long plait with not many other distractions (perhaps silver jewellery).
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, I find this very valuable. Also thank you for the kind words regarding my hair!

I suppose my only hope when it comes to skin tone is achieving carotenoid colouring. Better get to munching on that broccoli.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I have pink undertones in my skin, and a face that tends to easily blush/redden and break-out in acne! I have no experience with henna, but I have dyed my hair every color over the years. Burgundy worked and was striking on me (dark eyebrows) but ginger, orange, red tints kinda make me feel like a blotchy tomato Even pink colors I lean toward pinks with a touch of purple, otherwise I dont like the effect.

Maybe try wearing shirts in different varieties of the henna color palate (after you do testers and know how it will come out)!
    I can relate to burgundy, it also looks pretty good on me (in clothes)! Thank you for the clothes idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    You could always test it with a deposit only dye like Adore diluted with conditioner, and if you don't like it it rinses out so there's no commitment. Adore has a lot of good ginger/red shades that I find myself eyeing... but I never try it because I'm chicken
    I definitely will, and have now done that! However, the red I have in my hair right now is not very henna-like - it tends towards pink. I will try something more orange soonish.
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Is it possible to finish my first ABC Bun challenge within 2 weeks?
    Im now on the 16th letter, Quickie Bun, it is not as easy as it seems because many of the video tutorials are dead links now. Facepalm. I have to work with text instructions or vaguely relative comments through the search. And when Im stuck, I am STUCK.
    Whats wrong with the modification part of Puffed Not-ilus BUN, I cant figure it out! Im so anxious that I can feel my hair shedding.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; November 2nd, 2022 at 09:39 AM.
    100cm 1b/C/9.8cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    18.5/24/28
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Alright. 2weeks from now is the week after Thanksgiving.

I’m going back and forth on whether or not to get long layers cut. I had a big chop from waist length to collar bone 6 month ago bc my hair was annoying me; mostly when sitting or driving getting pinned behind me. I don’t dislike my current length, but I’m trying to grow out my bangs, which is a pain!

I’m unsure if it would be easier/ look more intentional to have some face framing layers while growing out my bangs and maybe have a real style for a while, before my hair gets long again. I’ll see how I feel in 2 weeks.

I will NOT be tempted to grab my scissors and cut my bangs before the time is up. Promise to myself! Lol

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

At about 1" from TBL, I'm considering cutting my hair back to a length where the ends look thick and blunt, with the help of a hairdresser. This may be somewhere between BSL and HL.

After the cut, I would see how much I enjoyed the shorter length, and tentatively keep growing, but with more of a focus on thickness of the hemline.

Rather than a pro/con list to evaluate the decision, I'm using a fantastic framework described by Henrietta in https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...1#post3428558:

I'm excited for:
    - Having my hair down more when I go out, and having it look thick and healthy: it's my favourite accessory
    - Easier combing and detangling with the damaged ends removed
    - More 'bounce' and 'movement' (I promise I haven't been to the hairdresser yet...), volume on top
    - Much less tangling. My hair did not tangle at all until WL.

I'm tired of:
    - Choosing a great outfit, then having to put my hair in an unflattering protective style to go out because otherwise the length will get blown about and tangled
    - Putting my hair up and taking it down multiple times per day because I get cold, feel unattractive/exposed, or want to rest my head against something
    - Seeing photos of myself and being embarrassed by damaged and dry ends.

I'm afraid of:
    - My inner hair-elitism and LHC-itis causing regret at losing length
    - Never having dark brown CL hair, because by the time I get there, a noticeable proportion of my hair may be grey
    - The hairdresser cutting too much off, or being persuaded to add layers that I later regret
    - My hair getting just as damaged at the new length, and having to cut off another 4" so my hair gets shorter and shorter.

Two-week countdown starts now. What I will do during these two weeks:
    - Try to take some honest photos and compare them to photos of my hair at BSL-WL.
    - If I walk past a hairdresser, I might show them my hair and ask how much they'd take off. It would be good to get several such opinions, and perhaps I'll find a longhair-friendly hairdresser.
    - Take care of my ends as much as possible, wear my one favoured protective style (plait twisted/folded in claw clip) when I like, but otherwise try to enjoy my hair and not focus too much on damage.

I think my hair reflects how I've been living during the period of "Covid hibernation" in 2020-2022 - hanging on, living in an internal world, taking care of practicalities, and sometimes letting things slide. This year I know changes are coming, and I'm looking forward to inhabiting my social and professional selves again with enhanced calm on the inside and fab hair on the outside!
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Rather than a pro/con list to evaluate the decision, I'm using a fantastic framework described by Henrietta in https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...1#post3428558:

That is a game changer! It seems like it would help organize your thoughts so much better than a traditional Pros/Cons list.

I wish you the best during your two week waiting/decision making period. One more thing you could do would be visit a few salons for a consultation during this time. A lot of salons will offer them complimentary (and if you pay a fee for a consult it usually goes towards a future service), and you can talk in detail about your goals, find out what product lines they use, get a professional opinion on what do do about your ends and maybe (hopefully) even meet a longhair-friendly hairdresser. They are out there!
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡ Classic ♡