Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1068

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    .5 in/25 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

I'm eyeing shoulder length and collarbone cuts with fervor. I can't remember why I was growing out my hair in the first place. My hair is all one length because layers give me scraggly ends but then my hair just hangs. I miss bouncy hair.

This is my two weeks. My hair is currently MBL when wet but a couple inches above when dry.

Length
    .5 in/25 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

So I have a google doc that has now reached 6 pages to read every time I want to cut my hair. I usually write those pages after I have cut my hair and regret it. I went and read it and was reminded of a few things. I (once again) am facing a big life change which I have realized is always when I want to cut my hair. So, thank goodness for the two-week rule. I have decided to keep growing and try to get past 25 inches. I have been stuck at 25 inches for months and it's one of my least favorite lengths. My new goal is to not trim until the end of the year and to love my hair a little more, and stop being so critical of it. We will see...

Thanks for giving me a place to figure out my two weeks. This thread was such a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    So I have a google doc that has now reached 6 pages to read every time I want to cut my hair. I usually write those pages after I have cut my hair and regret it. I went and read it and was reminded of a few things. I (once again) am facing a big life change which I have realized is always when I want to cut my hair. So, thank goodness for the two-week rule. I have decided to keep growing and try to get past 25 inches. I have been stuck at 25 inches for months and it's one of my least favorite lengths. My new goal is to not trim until the end of the year and to love my hair a little more, and stop being so critical of it. We will see...

Thanks for giving me a place to figure out my two weeks. This thread was such a great idea!
    It’s so good that you wrote it all down! Life stuff can definitely trigger the urge to cut. I hope you can enjoy your hair at new lengths again.

I think it’s worth keeping a note of your sweet spots, as well as those that you don’t enjoy, to make it easier to make an informed decision should the urge arise.

Length
    .5 in/25 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    It’s so good that you wrote it all down! Life stuff can definitely trigger the urge to cut. I hope you can enjoy your hair at new lengths again.

I think it’s worth keeping a note of your sweet spots, as well as those that you don’t enjoy, to make it easier to make an informed decision should the urge arise.
    Thank you! This is a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion. It would really help if I am hating my hair and then I check my notes and see that the current length I am, I always feel that way.

I am going to implement this right away.

Length
    2/20/30
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I'm thinking about cutting it again. I think about cutting it so often but never take the plunge. It would just be so much easier? It'd be easier to get it to look good, it'd be easier to wash, easier and faster to dry, wouldn't have to worry about damage from sleeping with my hair down, etc.

I don't like stretching washes, and I also don't like shower caps because they don't work that well. My bangs and hairline still get wet & those are the bits that always want to dry funky.

And I like the look of short hair anyway. I just also like the look of long hair. The only thing that stops me from cutting it short is that if I want it long again, I have to wait years. But then I'm trapping myself into having it long just as cutting it short traps me into having it short.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dancedance View Post
    I'm thinking about cutting it again. I think about cutting it so often but never take the plunge. It would just be so much easier? It'd be easier to get it to look good, it'd be easier to wash, easier and faster to dry, wouldn't have to worry about damage from sleeping with my hair down, etc.

I don't like stretching washes, and I also don't like shower caps because they don't work that well. My bangs and hairline still get wet & those are the bits that always want to dry funky.

And I like the look of short hair anyway. I just also like the look of long hair. The only thing that stops me from cutting it short is that if I want it long again, I have to wait years. But then I'm trapping myself into having it long just as cutting it short traps me into having it short.
    I don't think I have ever really seen your hair? You might want to take pictures (do not have to post them) before you cut it off!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/MTL/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I never thought I'd be writing this, but I am actually finding myself contemplating henna from time to time. And before your fingers burst into a raging panic: yes, I know it's very permanent!

There are a few main things I am pondering. There is probably a better thread to ask these questions, but since there are many henna-aware people here, maybe this one works for now.

1. Is it possible to henna "mildly" so that you just gain a somewhat minor change in colour?
    2. Does hennaed hair still get photobleached?
    3. Since I have pink (cool) undertones in my face and it sometimes gets red, would reddish (warm) hair balance that out or simply make me look like a tomato?

I am in no hurry with this, so I am giving it way longer than 2 weeks.
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Hello, Ylva, I assume you have read almost all of the henna articles on the forum, i’d suggest start collecting your shed hair for strand tests before you made the ultimate decision.

I did a two-week henna decision and didn’t go through with a full-on application, instead I infused tiny bits of henna and cassia in my hair oil as part of my weekly/monthly hot oil treatment and I have been enjoying it so far. I can feel my hair gets stronger, my pony circumference did grow 1cm but I think it’s the combined effort of my hair loss recovery journey (exercises, hydration, nutrition, supplements, LLLT, etc), not solely due to the henna thickening effect, and it barely changed my naturally black hair color after two months, just a slight orange aura under direct sunlight that could be otherwise missed if you’re not looking for it.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 26th, 2022 at 11:56 AM.
    98cm 1b/C/10.3cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I had some thoughts about cutting hair shorter but they are gone now.
    Ylva, I second tuyanyiji when it comes to strand testing. I think henna with cassia and amla ( for cooler tones) could work great on your hair
    Den som vntar p ngot gott vntar aldrig fr lnge.

Length
    Hip/MTL/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Thanks, guys!

I will definitely be strand testing.

I am looking to darken my hair as little as possible and just get a little strawberry tone, I think.
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.