Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1086

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    You can do it! I just made it through a week like that, and the heat finally broke overnight. It’s 70F now and I finally let my hair down for a break to my scalp after a week of up 24 hrs a day.

Edit:
    I want to use sun-in to blend my regrowth and bleached ends, just on the crown. I’ve done it in the past with no ill effects, just lifts it about 1 level. I’ve been stubborn for nearly 2 years to use nothing, but…. I just want something slightly lighter. If I make it the 2 weeks I may try honey lightening instead.
    Do update on this if your really try the honey lightening, I’m very interested.
    100cm 1b/C/9.8cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    3b/M/C/ii

Still happy with bangs, but... I've been thinking a lot about switching them from side to blunt bangs. So I guess that's my two-week waiting period.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    I want to henna+indigo my hair and yes, I know it’s a big commitment. I’ve watched so many hennasooq videos and read all of nightshade’s articles. I will start with cassia (and/or amla) to see how I feel about powder-based hair care routine, and then maybe add a tiny bit of henna as a gloss and gradually increase. My main purpose is to have healthy shiny thick hair that henna will bring as it fills the little gaps in my shafts and protect my very old ends that’s been lightened by lemon juice and sun. I know no matter how much percentage of henna I use, it won’t be very obvious on my almost black hair for the first time, but will definitely build up as I retouch, and I know indigo will fade eventually, it’s a dye for temporary inky hair satisfaction, not a real hair care component. My hair will probably be very dry after the first application so I also prepare to add aloe powder and oil into the mix as hennasooq suggested so many times. And no, I will never put lemon juice on my hair again.
    Rest assured I will do strand tests on my shed first.
    I survived the two weeks and I tried cassia and henna on my mom’s head first, practicing my mixing and applying techniques. I spent 80% of the time doing the preparation and protection, including covering the floor with newspapers and putting a plastic salon cape over my mom’s neck. So it was quite easy to clean up. My mom stayed very relaxed with a heating cap over her head for a few hours, with a cellphone and an electric fan, it was easy to past the time. She even laid down on the floor (covered with newspapers) to take a nap in the middle lol. And since I added alma and aloe powder, the henna rinsed off quite easily with just lukewarm water. So far, my mom is very satisfied with her new hair color. I’m pretty sure having an extra pair of hands to do any powder-based hair care makes it much easier than a one-woman job.
    I did the application with verbal instructions while my mom was holding a mirror to learn, hoping she can help me in the future.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 6th, 2022 at 10:24 PM.
    100cm 1b/C/9.8cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

I'm here a couple weeks maybe more trying to decide if I'll 8 guard buzz each month until all my dye and damage is removed or if I'll keep going with no trims and grow dye out the hard way.
    my long time goal is to go back to platinum blond but I honestly want to try and get to CBL before I go back to blond. This is my last chance really to see my natural hair a while

Update: My desire to sun-in has waned after waiting the 2 weeks. I was too busy to even get my hands on some! Instead, I have a honey treatment mixed up by weight 1:4 honey:distilled water +ground cardamom, itís been developing for 45 min. Getting geared up! Will update if I have time after this long process!
    maintaining between WL & HL while seasonally trimming bleached ends last bleach nov 2020

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Update: My desire to sun-in has waned after waiting the 2 weeks. I was too busy to even get my hands on some! Instead, I have a honey treatment mixed up by weight 1:4 honey:distilled water +ground cardamom, itís been developing for 45 min. Getting geared up! Will update if I have time after this long process!
    Good luck!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii

Update: I did it. It might take a while for them to 'settle' after being side-swept for so long, but my bangs are blunt now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyLurker View Post
    Update: I did it. It might take a while for them to 'settle' after being side-swept for so long, but my bangs are blunt now.
    Congratulations Are you happy with them? I’m thinking about doing the same thing. I’ve been pushing my fringe to the side while we’ve had hot weather but I think it might be better to go back to straight across now.

Length
    Bald/n/a/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm here a couple weeks maybe more trying to decide if I'll 8 guard buzz each month until all my dye and damage is removed or if I'll keep going with no trims and grow dye out the hard way.
    my long time goal is to go back to platinum blond but I honestly want to try and get to CBL before I go back to blond. This is my last chance really to see my natural hair a while
    Ended up trimming 18th August but that's ok I think it's the microtrimming life for me, atleast ( I didn't 8 buzz guard it, just removing a little bulk on the left sidee) specially during the awkward stages before shoulder.
    Last edited by Bat; August 22nd, 2022 at 09:09 AM.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Congratulations Are you happy with them? I’m thinking about doing the same thing. I’ve been pushing my fringe to the side while we’ve had hot weather but I think it might be better to go back to straight across now.
    I am. I had to trim them a little shorter, though. I might need to make them a little thicker, but I don't want to mess with them any more for now.