View Poll Results: If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life......

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder

8 2.13%
  • APL

4 1.07%
  • BSL

20 5.33%
  • Waist

88 23.47%
  • Tailbone

96 25.60%
  • Classic

65 17.33%
  • Fingertip

43 11.47%
  • Knee

30 8.00%
  • Ankle

10 2.67%
  • Floor and beyond!

11 2.93%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life....

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life....

If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life -- with absolutely NO cutting or growing allowed -- what length would you choose?

Personally, I would pick tailbone length if I had to keep that length forever, because visually, that tends to be my favorite length. It is still very long, but you can still wear it down some without it getting in the way as much as past the butt hair and the maintenance would be somewhat easier than with classic and beyond. However, it would be really fun to have hair to my ankles for a day or so -- I just don't think I could deal w/ caring for it on an ongoing basis since my hair is so tangly! ;-)
    Last edited by turtlelover; July 13th, 2016 at 10:52 PM.

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Default Re: If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life....

I picked "floor length or longer". I have never had hair that long before, and I kind of doubt it will grow that long, though I really love my hair more and more the longer it gets, so I think I would like that length, and I would like to be able to have a very long braid.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: If you could only have your hair ONE length for the rest of your life....

I voted "classic" because that's what my current goal is. I'd probably be just as happy with fingertip though, since that's not much longer for me. I'm not sure if I even want to grow my hair to knee, so I didn't vote for that.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    SL/CBL/???
    Type
    3c/F/M/i

Perhaps MBL? I've never had it that long before, though.
    SL CBL APL BSL MBL WL

Length
    CLB+/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Maybe waist. I can't imagine me turning 90 years old with hip length and beyond but I believe that it can be a beautiful length even in old people.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I have to choose waist since that's where I am right now and it feels very "me" and flatters my overall look, I also think it looks beautiful at any age and the color changes that comes with time. I don't think that I have ever had any longer so I don't know how it will be to handle and take care of, probably no big difference since the only additional thing I have to do besides CO to make it look presentable is to brush once every day or every other day and that was at BSL so I hope hip/tailbone-length wont be too much of a fuss - but I don't know how that will look yet, maybe I will change my mind if i get there!

I chose BSL. To me it's the last stop on the train before people start annoying you about how long your hair is all the time. So if I have to keep it at BSL for the rest of my life, I can do my favorite braids, buns, and use hair toys without being bothered or considered weird. That's just my opinion and preference!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Classic length, for sure. It is a length where, layered, my updos are fine. I stick to one updo, that is the LWB. Others are (pretty much) beyond my reach but I'm not prepared to grow longer just to be able to do more updos. Maintenance of the hair is also a key issue for me; it still has to be comfortable all around.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/M/i

I picked classic length! I just love the idea of it - my mum used to have classic length hair back in the day, and when I was a kid I'd always look at old pictures and think "I want hair like that one day". So I guess there's some sentimentality behind it, too.

Length
    17/27.5/30
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I voted waist. That's my goal. I don't think I want to go any further, but I'm so eager to see how it looks on me because I love the feminine shape it tends to emphasize. To be perfectly honest though, I'll have to see what caring for waist-length hair is like. I've had BSL hair for five-or-so years now; I know what I can do with it and I like the versatility. So I *know* I could do BSL for the rest of my life, but really, I want to see what waist looks like on me and what I can do with that. I don't think I'll go any shorter than BSL ever again, but there's some chance that after a while at waist I'll go back to BSL.