Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How long was your hair when you first joined LHC?

Length
    25/381/2/43
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default How long was your hair when you first joined LHC?

Hi All, I was just going through the threads and enjoying all your posts/pix and I started thinking about how far I've come in approx. 5 years here. It seemed to be a slow process for me but I started at APL and I am now just below TBL with a few tiny trims and lots of S&Ding along the way ha! I am now on my way to classic thanks to all of you here with all your support and great advice. The reason I started this thread is because I have noticed that some of you have been here a very long time. So I thought it would be fun to share where we started and how far we have come. I know most do this on their anniversary but thought it would be nice for all of us who either missed their anniversaries or just feel like sharing a part of their journey.

Length
    pixie/Chin-/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i

Default Re: How long was your hair when you first joined LHC?

I was a pixie, still hasnt grown really long, because I have only been here 7 months.
    Lord Skáld, War Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "I did not hit her It's not true It's bs I did not hit her I did naht Oh hai Mark"Tommy Wiseau

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

27 inches. Just past BSL, though I'd been growing out from a shoulder-length chop.

I've done some maintaining and a few bigger chops back to hip or so over the years since I joined. On the other hand, all my hair is post-LHC hair now, and considerably more well-behaved.

ETA: mine is about fingertip length right now. I'm not sure if I'll stop growing soon or try for knee. The ends are perpetually thin for my taste, and maintaining doesn't seem to help that for me.
    Last edited by Anje; June 25th, 2016 at 06:42 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

squirrels in my pants lillielil's Avatar
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Between shoulder and APL. 10 years ago.
    Does the brain control you, or are you controlling the brain?

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm still a newbie but when I joined, my hair was horrendous. All kinds of layers, intentional and not, fried with bleach, just bad. Shortest layers were cheek length and some underneath layers were only a few inches long where I cut them off with scissors. There was no salvaging that hair. In December I cut to CBL to even things out, and now I'm closing in on BSL c:
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

About APL, I think, but I went back to chin twice in the 11 years I've been here, and it took me about 10 years in all to get to classic (goal reached last year, so that's 10 years).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I was collarbone length and I'm not much longer now. Too many trims and bleaching stalled my length. Now I'm healthy and color free, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I reach my goal by age 45.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    14/14/...?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I was at about APL when I joined 4 years ago. My last short haircut was 5 years ago, at about nape/14 inches thus my starting stat.
    Grew to knee and chopped to a pixie June 2020
    Started growing again May 2021

Type
    2a/C/ii

I was just above my shoulders when I joined, my hair is considerably longer now, almost waist, but I will be cutting back some tomorrow (probably up to 8 cm). I haven't really cut my hair since before I joined lhc (+ I haven't been as protective of it as I should), so I will give it some fresh ends and hopefully get a hair with a little less apparent damage.

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Its been six years since I joined LHC and that's counting my three year hiatus during my master's degree. I started with shoulder length and got it own to mid back, with a lot of encouragement from this lovely community and I had smooth and nice virgin hair.
    It didn't however look waterfally and I got disappointed and experimental, cutting down to a bob. Also got busy and stopped frequenting LHC. Now, that bob suited me well but maintenance was a pain and I damaged the hair a bit with a lot of straightening so it would look perfect. Then I got layers that looked nice till they grew out.
    By now, I'd realised that my hair straightened out only at APL and looked the way I liked it till a little beyond BSL, so that's where I could keep it safely without feeling the need to damage much and I can also use my hair sticks.
    So, here I am again, frequenting these boards.
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.