Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    Btw lapushka, do you use the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as a leave in or as a cream for the LOC method
    I use it as both, and that works amazingly well. So CES + gel + serum. That's it. Amazing definition & hold to it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by calmyogi View Post
    I have hair like yours and I have given up on trying to preserve my curls past the day I wash it. They won't stay over night without going flat and I can't put my hair up without it flattening. I wish my curls would stay, but I just don't want to spend tons of money finding products. *sigh*
    This.

If I wear my hair curly, wetting it every day is an absolute must. I can KINDA revive them with a spray bottle,
    But it tends to be fuzzier and take more work than saturating it in the shower. It's just not worth it. If I straighten it, I can go 3 days before washing again. But not with what I've been naturally given. It's just sad looking, limp, oddly shaped strings of frizzy zombie curls.

Length
    20"/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    This.

If I wear my hair curly, wetting it every day is an absolute must. I can KINDA revive them with a spray bottle,
    But it tends to be fuzzier and take more work than saturating it in the shower. It's just not worth it. If I straighten it, I can go 3 days before washing again. But not with what I've been naturally given. It's just sad looking, limp, oddly shaped strings of frizzy zombie curls.
    The longer it gets the harder it is as well
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20"/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

People basically think I have straight hair by nature and when I wash it they are all "oh you curled your hair". I'm like "nope, just washed it lol".
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Ok! Going to give that a shot. I bought some garnier fructis cream stuff recommended on the Polished Curl as a finishing cream. It does good for my frizzies. So CES+gel+curl cream might be my next experiment and we will see how my hair responds.

I'm having a whole lot of fun trying to find ways to maximize my hair's potential-- even though my husband was making fun of me. He (in his voice he uses for me) said mockingly: "yeah I don't know what to do with this strand right here. I found out I'm technically an omega 6 type 3 hair, but I'll be graduating soon to a super mega quad curl type Z-56"

He's mean lol. Love him.