Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeri View Post
    Oh I love the Polished Curl! I refer people to her squish to condish video all the time. She's great and her videos are so helpful. I also really like Rockyn Curls . She's got a lot of how-to videos and product reviews and her curls are awesome!
    Yeah, she almost comes close to my texture (with a little bit of wishful thinking ), that's why I like her. Been subbed to her for a long time. Love her product reviews.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    So every bit of my curl I was so pumped about fell out by the end of the day...

Frustrating.
    Happens to me too. It's worse when it's humid. I've found that semi-refreshing the curls halfway through the day helps. What I'll do is: flip my part to the other side! Simple but it helps. And I'll just scrunch throughout the day to lift them up again. Sometimes with a little oil, or just wet hands.
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeri View Post
    Happens to me too. It's worse when it's humid. I've found that semi-refreshing the curls halfway through the day helps. What I'll do is: flip my part to the other side! Simple but it helps. And I'll just scrunch throughout the day to lift them up again. Sometimes with a little oil, or just wet hands.

I tried to refresh them with a little conditioner water but I think that made it worse. I may just go back to straight water. I CANT WAIT until my hair GROWS OUT more so I can change my part without it flipping back over. Ugh. Curly short hair can be cute, but it's just not what I want. I'm not a very patient individual. Im just trying to focus on healthy hydrated hair and not worry about the length so much. Plus my second son is due in 3 weeks, so Im sure I'll be preoccupied soon by other things.

I was wondering this morning how humidity affected you 2b-3a ladies. I find I can predict the weather before I step outside. If my hair is flat and dead, it's dry. Humidity actually gives me spirals, which seems to be the opposite of what many curlies say. Ain't hair weird?

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yeah, she almost comes close to my texture (with a little bit of wishful thinking ), that's why I like her. Been subbed to her for a long time. Love her product reviews.

The polished curl or rockyn curls?

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

The polished curl or rockyn curls?
    TPC. I am subbed to RC too, though.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/BSL/?
    Type
    2c/F/i

I tried to refresh them with a little conditioner water but I think that made it worse. I may just go back to straight water. I CANT WAIT until my hair GROWS OUT more so I can change my part without it flipping back over. Ugh. Curly short hair can be cute, but it's just not what I want. I'm not a very patient individual. Im just trying to focus on healthy hydrated hair and not worry about the length so much. Plus my second son is due in 3 weeks, so Im sure I'll be preoccupied soon by other things.

I was wondering this morning how humidity affected you 2b-3a ladies. I find I can predict the weather before I step outside. If my hair is flat and dead, it's dry. Humidity actually gives me spirals, which seems to be the opposite of what many curlies say. Ain't hair weird?
    I'm not quite that curly, but the humidity will amp my curly. However, it will amp each strand of hair individually, leaving me with frizzy triangle hair...well now I'm at bsl, it's more fluffy ended mess...it was true triangle around collarbone.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If you notice more shedding when on sulfate-free or CO, then definitely go back to using regular shampoo. Shedding on CO, oil (on scalp), and even sulfate-free products is a thing, so do be careful. Try it one step at a time, and don't rush into things.
    Yikes! I didn’t know this was a thing. But I suspected more shedding when I use conditioner on my scalp. I’m glad I read this thread.

Elyse, your curls look so good! It’s definitely a huge difference.

Length
    10/25/35
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

They're beautiful.

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Thanks all for the encouraging words!

Btw lapushka, do you use the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as a leave in or as a cream for the LOC method

Length
    20"/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have hair like yours and I have given up on trying to preserve my curls past the day I wash it. They won't stay over night without going flat and I can't put my hair up without it flattening. I wish my curls would stay, but I just don't want to spend tons of money finding products. *sigh*
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights