Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Default Re: Curly experiment success-- thought I'd share

Your hair looks great! I think I need to go for curls as well :-)

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Thanks for the kind comments. It's flattened a bit as the day has gone on which makes me a bit sad. My hair suffers from a flat top even with clipping it. I think at its best I'm settling around a 2c. It looks really curly starting and I have hope for 3a hair, but it always just settles.

For those of you with curls, do you find consistency in wearing hair curly over time strengthens your curl pattern? I'm only
    Going on two weeks of strict curls only.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

It looks great!!!

Yesterday, and even today when I woke up. I was amazed. I had some 2c/3a in my hair! At the very bottom of my hair!!! Lately I've been using the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie + gel (LA Looks) + serum and this combination is a winner where definition and hold is concerned! OMG. Just for this, I am even willing (penny pincher that I am) to rebuy that product (SM CES). Wooow. I still can't believe it! Anyway, I still have plenty more to use, that tub is huge and will last me a while.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Whenever I've straightened my hair in the past, it has taken a few washes to get my curl back to where it was before I straightened it. It may take a bit of time for the hair to train up curlier if it's meant to. I think your curlier pictures are 3a, but then again I've been second guessing my hairtype lately and that maybe it really is 2c and not 2c/3a, so I may not be the best judge of hairtype.

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments. It's flattened a bit as the day has gone on which makes me a bit sad. My hair suffers from a flat top even with clipping it. I think at its best I'm settling around a 2c. It looks really curly starting and I have hope for 3a hair, but it always just settles.

For those of you with curls, do you find consistency in wearing hair curly over time strengthens your curl pattern? I'm only
    I think curl pattern changes with an increase in the health of the hair and also with increases or decreases in length. My hair was barely wavy when it was pixie, 1c/2a. But as it got longer, it turned into 2c/3a. Now that I'm past shoulder, I've noticed my pattern has loosened a little. I plan to grow for a long time and I have a feeling I'm going to end up in 2b/2c territory when my hair reaches BSL and/or longer, simply because the weight of the hair can loosen the curls/waves. But I definitely got bouncier, more curly curls/waves the longer I did the CG method, I think because my hair was finally getting enough moisture!
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Lapushka--- I've seen that curl enhancing smoothie and been enticed by it, but never committed to buying. However, If it works as well as what you're saying it makes me want to go buy some this moment. I'm trying to be content with whatever it is I have, but I would be extremely pleased if I can pull off 3 a hair consistently. Hopefully it's lurking there. One can dream...

As for the moisture issue, as soon as I started doing curly girl I could see a big difference in the formation of my curls and the frizz level and I do think it had to do with moisture. There's one YouTube channel called the polished curl that I have been following because she seems to have hair that works a lot like mine. She reviews a lot of products and stuff. But of you've been doing curly girl a while it may be all old info for yall.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Lapushka--- I've seen that curl enhancing smoothie and been enticed by it, but never committed to buying. However, If it works as well as what you're saying it makes me want to go buy some this moment. I'm trying to be content with whatever it is I have, but I would be extremely pleased if I can pull off 3 a hair consistently. Hopefully it's lurking there. One can dream...

As for the moisture issue, as soon as I started doing curly girl I could see a big difference in the formation of my curls and the frizz level and I do think it had to do with moisture. There's one YouTube channel called the polished curl that I have been following because she seems to have hair that works a lot like mine. She reviews a lot of products and stuff. But of you've been doing curly girl a while it may be all old info for yall.
    Do make sure you adapt the amount to be used. Using too much can result in sticky hair for me, and when I run my hands over dry hair then, there will be a somewhat sticky residue left on my hands. Which is why I use a coinsize for my classic length and it's perfect! Use a tiny bit and try scrunching it in as your hair is still quite short and probably won't need that much. Which is good, very economical. For the price. Wow that was a big bite out of my budget. But so totally worth it. Well YMMV. It might not work the same on you, but I hope so!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    NL/NL/MBL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/i/ii

I would say that moisture and moisture retention enhances curl pattern.
    IMOŚwearing it curly more often probably doesn't necessarily enhance curl pattern overtime although it may seem that way if wearing your hair curly requires you to moisturize it more. Having a good moisture-protein balance also enhances curl definition.
    SSKs = Satan

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Oh I love the Polished Curl! I refer people to her squish to condish video all the time. She's great and her videos are so helpful. I also really like Rockyn Curls . She's got a lot of how-to videos and product reviews and her curls are awesome!
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

So every bit of my curl I was so pumped about fell out by the end of the day...

Frustrating.