Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: i need help.

  1. #1

    Default i need help.

    i have beautiful hair like most of yours it's probably 2b , but when i goes out it always be ruined 'dry,coarse,looks brittle,frizzy'

    literally there was only 3 times since 2 years that my hair kept looking not bad when i get home. ' i was wearing hijab and took it off 2 years ago'

    but i didn't even enjoy my hair after years of wearing it. and of course people have bad impression about my hair.

    i need to know what styling products or oil to put on my hair after washing it or before going out, how to tie it when i'm home

    i tried going with nothing or with little or with too much product and it's always the same, like it's sooo light weight always flying each hair i spent a lot A LOT of money on trash products.

    another problem that i have hair falling tangling breaking since year i thought it was because of selicones but i stopped using it and same here.


    i was using heat for a year and i stopped using it and still the same i cutted like half of my hair, but nothing new

    it's getting thin and always falling ever the whole hair from the root so it's not only from the splits i take vitamens working out eating clean nothing wrong but WHHHY ??

    Could it be from the rest of the heat damage ? oh and i bleached it once with l'oreal wild ombre but it seemed fine after the bleach

    or maybe it's puffing because i have less hair compared to it's length , oh or maybe because it's layerd,

    should i cut the rest of the damage and make it one length to appear thicker or it will poof more ?


    what should i do to hold my hair ?

    i'm thinking of getting blunt one length hair cut for my wavy hair but afraid it will get more getting frizzy and keep falling and breaking , you know maybe long damaged hair is finner than short damaged ?


    any one with weavy blunt one length hair please tell my your opinion about cutting and show my pic for your hair if you don't mind and Thank you.

    " if i cut it to one length it will be above chest a little."

  2. #2
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    50,774
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: i need help.

    Try the Curly Girl routine. It is a book by Lorraine Massey, but there's some information online available too:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Cu...for-Curly-Hair

    Quote Originally Posted by Samia ELShrkawy View Post
    another problem that i have hair falling tangling breaking since year i thought it was because of selicones but i stopped using it and same here.
    Look for another cause to the breakage, because silicones can't break off your hair! That is well and truly a myth right there.

    Heat damage takes a long time to grow out. When you stop using heat, it's like you need to start back from a bald head. So it takes about two years to fully grow out of your head (until a little past shoulder).

    Bleach can also be contributing to the breakage factor here.

    Try joining the microtrimming thread here.

    And welcome to the site!
    Last edited by lapushka; June 21st, 2016 at 07:09 AM. Reason: typo
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17
    Type
    1a/F/i

    Default Re: i need help.

    What I recommend for hair care which worked for me, is coconut oil... and lots of it! My hair used to be very damaged because of all the bleaching and heat I used on it, but ever since Ive started using coconut oil on my *damp hair* (this is important! it only helps when you put it on damp hair) its become more soft.

  4. #4
    Member Entangled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,876
    Length
    26/FTL/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

    Default Re: i need help.

    You were wearing the hijab for two years, then took it off, used heat for a year, stopped,then cut quite a bit shorter. Did I miss anything in what's happened since you noticed the problem? You said have three main problems: your hair is frizzy, breaks easily, and sheds a lot.

    I'll address shedding first: shedding from the root is normal and happens to everyone as their hairs go through a growing cycle. A commonly cited number is 50-100 hairs shed daily as normal. Unless your hair is getting noticeably thinner, don't worry too much about the shedding. Now, if you say it's getting thin, then you might be shedding more than normal, which is usually related to either a product that irritates your scalp, or a medical issue of some sort, be it stress, hormones or some deficiency. There is a cause, you just have to find it. I'm guessing it's not product shedding (many people find that oil or conditioner on their scalp increases shedding) since you didn't notice it starting after using a new product. I might be wrong (I don't know your routine), but it sound like you might have something else going on, like stress or some vitamin deficiency.

    Frizzy hair is often a symptom of either dry and/or damaged hair or hair that's having its curl or wave pattern disrupted. If your hair is curly but you handle it a lot, like brushing or combing when wet, you might be making it straighter but the frizz shows up because shorter hairs (new growth and breakage) have a curlier texture than the combed-straighter part of your hair. Try manipulating it less--don't comb it while wet, or brush it when it's dry. Usually, curly hair likes a lot of moisture, so by moisturizing more, you hit two birds with one stone. How often do you wash? How do you detangle your hair? What do you wash with? What products are in your routine now?

    Breakage is inevitable, but you can reduce it. Your hair might be fragile from heat damage or just naturally fragile. However, you also mentioned tangled hair, which leads me to believe you might be detangling it too harshly. How do you detangle you hair? Do you pull a brush through it from scalp to root? What do you detangle with? In general, being more patient and gentle with how you detangle hair can make a world of difference. I damaged my hair a lot when I tried to grow it long last time by yanking a brush through my hair. Regular ball tipped brushed "detangle" hair by breaking hair snarls that catch on the tips. That causes a lot of breakage!

    I wish you the best on your hair journey. Welcome to LHC!

    Never laugh at live dragons.

  5. #5
    Member pailin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the shadow of the Sleeping Lady
    Posts
    1,653
    Length
    27/46/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: i need help.

    I have a couple of thoughts.
    First, how you handle your hair: you probably already know this, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. Detangle gently, take your time, and just generally treat your hair gently. You might consider a satin pillowcase. Use a wide tooth comb, preferably one without seams,because they can catch your hair. And whenever your hair is down, be aware of where it is so you can avoid getting it caught in things like bag straps. Braiding or wearing it up helps with this, of course.
    Like others have said, it sounds like your hair needs more moisture. If you already have a bunch of products that aren't good enough, a place to start is to use them differently. For example, use conditioner twice after you wash your hair (WCC for wash, condition, condition), or try CWC- put conditioner on wet hair from yours down, then shampoo only the scalp, then rinse it all out; then you condition again. This helps prevent the shampoo from drying out your ends. Or, try conditioner only washes (but if you're having big shedding problems, that might not be a good idea).
    If you are dealing with heat or bleach damage, some protein might help- either a conditioner containing it, or special protein treatments. It's very good for damaged hair. On the other hand, you might want to check the products you've been using, since some people's hair doesn't tolerate protein, and for them it makes their hair tangly. So if you have been using protein containing products (which are very common; look for words like keratin, silk, or hydrolyzed anything) you might want to try avoiding protein.
    These things may help if you're losing hair to breakage. If you're shedding large amounts of hair and it has gone on for a while, you might want to see your doctor and get blood tests; a number of things can cause hair loss.
    Good luck and I hope you find solutions!

  6. #6

    Default Re: i need help.

    Quote Originally Posted by pailin View Post
    I have a couple of thoughts.
    First, how you handle your hair: you probably already know this, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. Detangle gently, take your time, and just generally treat your hair gently. You might consider a satin pillowcase. Use a wide tooth comb, preferably one without seams,because they can catch your hair. And whenever your hair is down, be aware of where it is so you can avoid getting it caught in things like bag straps. Braiding or wearing it up helps with this, of course.
    Like others have said, it sounds like your hair needs more moisture. If you already have a bunch of products that aren't good enough, a place to start is to use them differently. For example, use conditioner twice after you wash your hair (WCC for wash, condition, condition), or try CWC- put conditioner on wet hair from yours down, then shampoo only the scalp, then rinse it all out; then you condition again. This helps prevent the shampoo from drying out your ends. Or, try conditioner only washes (but if you're having big shedding problems, that might not be a good idea).
    If you are dealing with heat or bleach damage, some protein might help- either a conditioner containing it, or special protein treatments. It's very good for damaged hair. On the other hand, you might want to check the products you've been using, since some people's hair doesn't tolerate protein, and for them it makes their hair tangly. So if you have been using protein containing products (which are very common; look for words like keratin, silk, or hydrolyzed anything) you might want to try avoiding protein.
    These things may help if you're losing hair to breakage. If you're shedding large amounts of hair and it has gone on for a while, you might want to see your doctor and get blood tests; a number of things can cause hair loss.
    Good luck and I hope you find solutions!
    Thank you for replaying , i think it's might be tangling from splits because after my last cut it wasn't tangling like that, i trim a little from bottom layer and will do dusting, and i tried co washing before and i liked but didn't help much with frizz i think it might be from my asymmetrical texture? i tried going while with no products but oil but it was still falling do you think because of the oily scalp don't let the roots breathe or so



    Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    You were wearing the hijab for two years, then took it off, used heat for a year, stopped,then cut quite a bit shorter. Did I miss anything in what's happened since you noticed the problem? You said have three main problems: your hair is frizzy, breaks easily, and sheds a lot.

    I'll address shedding first: shedding from the root is normal and happens to everyone as their hairs go through a growing cycle. A commonly cited number is 50-100 hairs shed daily as normal. Unless your hair is getting noticeably thinner, don't worry too much about the shedding. Now, if you say it's getting thin, then you might be shedding more than normal, which is usually related to either a product that irritates your scalp, or a medical issue of some sort, be it stress, hormones or some deficiency. There is a cause, you just have to find it. I'm guessing it's not product shedding (many people find that oil or conditioner on their scalp increases shedding) since you didn't notice it starting after using a new product. I might be wrong (I don't know your routine), but it sound like you might have something else going on, like stress or some vitamin deficiency.

    Frizzy hair is often a symptom of either dry and/or damaged hair or hair that's having its curl or wave pattern disrupted. If your hair is curly but you handle it a lot, like brushing or combing when wet, you might be making it straighter but the frizz shows up because shorter hairs (new growth and breakage) have a curlier texture than the combed-straighter part of your hair. Try manipulating it less--don't comb it while wet, or brush it when it's dry. Usually, curly hair likes a lot of moisture, so by moisturizing more, you hit two birds with one stone. How often do you wash? How do you detangle your hair? What do you wash with? What products are in your routine now?

    Breakage is inevitable, but you can reduce it. Your hair might be fragile from heat damage or just naturally fragile. However, you also mentioned tangled hair, which leads me to believe you might be detangling it too harshly. How do you detangle you hair? Do you pull a brush through it from scalp to root? What do you detangle with? In general, being more patient and gentle with how you detangle hair can make a world of difference. I damaged my hair a lot when I tried to grow it long last time by yanking a brush through my hair. Regular ball tipped brushed "detangle" hair by breaking hair snarls that catch on the tips. That causes a lot of breakage!

    I wish you the best on your hair journey. Welcome to LHC!
    oh thank you, but actually i was wearing it for 4 years but took it off 2 years ago. i'm not sure about my hair texture actually but it's not super curly i usually do bun or bread to get nice weaves. i wash every 5 or 6 days , not much products now only hair treatment skala and the leave in but i don't use skala leave in anymore it dries out my hair. any shampoo that low sulfate. i but look'n styling cream. or some olive oil to detangle if before shower i use comb. so you think i should cut it to get rid of some frizz? and thank you again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lejli View Post
    What I recommend for hair care which worked for me, is coconut oil... and lots of it! My hair used to be very damaged because of all the bleaching and heat I used on it, but ever since Ive started using coconut oil on my *damp hair* (this is important! it only helps when you put it on damp hair) its become more soft.
    i will try it thank you so much

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Try the Curly Girl routine. It is a book by Lorraine Massey, but there's some information online available too:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Cu...for-Curly-Hair



    Look for another cause to the breakage, because silicones can't break off your hair! That is well and truly a myth right there.

    Heat damage takes a long time to grow out. When you stop using heat, it's like you need to start back from a bald head. So it takes about two years to fully grow out of your head (until a little past shoulder).

    Bleach can also be contributing to the breakage factor here.

    Try joining the microtrimming thread here.

    And welcome to the site!
    thank you so much, i'm really thinking to cut the damage but i'm afraid it will get curlier so frizzer because it will be more light weight, not sure about that and can't find pictures for before and after weavy hair cut.



    thank you all for your time and help

  7. #7
    Member pailin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the shadow of the Sleeping Lady
    Posts
    1,653
    Length
    27/46/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: i need help.

    If the tangling is from splits, then a very small trim might make a big difference. Also if it is not a lot of splits, you might try S&D- just hunt through it and cut hairs with splits. And use a sharp pair of hair scissors which aren't used for anything else.

  8. #8
    Member Entangled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,876
    Length
    26/FTL/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

    Default Re: i need help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samia ELShrkawy View Post
    Thank you for replaying , i think it's might be tangling from splits because after my last cut it wasn't tangling like that, i trim a little from bottom layer and will do dusting, and i tried co washing before and i liked but didn't help much with frizz i think it might be from my asymmetrical texture? i tried going while with no products but oil but it was still falling do you think because of the oily scalp don't let the roots breathe or so





    oh thank you, but actually i was wearing it for 4 years but took it off 2 years ago. i'm not sure about my hair texture actually but it's not super curly i usually do bun or bread to get nice weaves. i wash every 5 or 6 days , not much products now only hair treatment skala and the leave in but i don't use skala leave in anymore it dries out my hair. any shampoo that low sulfate. i but look'n styling cream. or some olive oil to detangle if before shower i use comb. so you think i should cut it to get rid of some frizz? and thank you again.


    i will try it thank you so much



    thank you so much, i'm really thinking to cut the damage but i'm afraid it will get curlier so frizzer because it will be more light weight, not sure about that and can't find pictures for before and after weavy hair cut.



    thank you all for your time and help
    Ah, it's been two years since you stopped.

    A big question: you are using some sort of conditioner, right? That would help tremendously on frizz if you're not. A wide toothed comb is probably fine as long as it's BEFORE you shower an not while your hair is wet. It does sound like moisture might be what you need, so you can try something like a deep treatment or post shower leave in. Definitely use some kind of conditioner if you're not. Lapushka's the Queen of moisturizing--her signature has some helpful suggestions.

    Coconut oil can be great! I know a lot of people with damaged hair can really benefit from it. It can make your ends feel "crunchy," so if you do notice that, then you should stop, but if not, it's a miracle product for many. I use it as a pre-wash treatment. I oil my hair heavily, and then use shampoo and conditioner as normal. Oh, are you shampooing all your hair? If you are, try just shampooing your scalp and stick to conditioner from your ears down. Shampoo can be harsh on lengths, and wouldn't help if you have a moisture problem. Don't worry too much about silicones; they add a protective layer, like a synthetic oil, that can help with tangling. They can build up, which is why people don't always like them, but a clarifying shampoo every now and again can help get rid of extra buildup. They can straighten waves and curls a little, but that might be helpful. I don't know, you'll have to see.

    As for products: it doesn't matter so much what the product is as what's in them. Sometimes fancy stuff isn't helpful, and you're paying for packaging. Checking out the ingredients list can help you troubleshoot what's wrong in the future if your hair reacts to some treatment. And sometimes it's not a matter of which product, but how you use it.

    Good luck!

    Never laugh at live dragons.

  9. #9
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    50,774
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: i need help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samia ELShrkawy View Post
    oh thank you, but actually i was wearing it for 4 years but took it off 2 years ago. i'm not sure about my hair texture actually but it's not super curly i usually do bun or bread to get nice weaves. i wash every 5 or 6 days , not much products now only hair treatment skala and the leave in but i don't use skala leave in anymore it dries out my hair. any shampoo that low sulfate. i but look'n styling cream. or some olive oil to detangle if before shower i use comb. so you think i should cut it to get rid of some frizz? and thank you again.
    Why not post a hairtyping picture here so we can type you? Just shampoo + condition and then pat dry with towel softly without disturbing the wave pattern, let dry and take a picture (back of the head).

    I don't know "skala". What is it?

    I wouldn't leave out the styling cream or leave-in products you use. That might actually bring more frizz.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •