Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My hair, 10 months on.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist

Default My hair, 10 months on.

Okay so I joined LHC in September 2015 after my hair was just so, so damaged from daily blow drying and straightening and bleaching! It honestly hadn't grown in about 8 years, just used to get to just above APL and break and snap off.

From the day I joined LHC in September 2015, for the past 10 months I haven't blow dried or straightened my hair APART from the very top (blonde) layer twice a week (Yes I know I'm naughty but I am currently growing out bleach damage from that layer and so trimming every month to get rid of the damage and so it's always so short and looks absolutely RIDICULOUS curly, I look like a poodle!)

I have naturally 3a type hair. I lose A LOT of length due to shrinkage.

My goal is SOLID BSL.

Today, for the first time in 10 months I thought I would straighten the bottom layers of my hair to A) see the length properly and B) give my hemline a trim whilst it's straightened out.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it in September last year straight, or in fact since then straight but I do have a pic of it unstraightened in Feb this year. See below *DISCLAIMER* please excuse the mess in the room in these photos, it's just my boyfriends and I's kinda junk/ dressing room, hence the mess!

And here is the pic today with my top layer tied up and my bottom layers straightened

After I took those pictures I thought what the hell and took my top layer down too. See below

I am really pleased, it has definitely grown since the beginning of my journey in September last year.

I have been trimming and S&Ding the whole way and unfortunately I had to cut quite a lot off back at the end of January due to going skiing for a week, I don't know if the cold air dried my hair out or what but there was A LOT of damage when I returned back to the UK.

I also, unfortunately had a bit of a stressful time back in Feb/ March of this year, I have never been so stressed and this past month in June I have experienced MAJOR shedding, which I think is the stress loss so it is not as thick as it was but there's not a lot I can do really.

Anyway, I know it is pretty short judging my post people's hair on here but I am happy with the growth.

I micro trimmed a bit just now after I took these pics and plan to leave it alone until September now if it stays healthy enough.

I am a member of the BSL by Dec 31st thread and I'm REALLY hoping I make it to BSL by then!!

Thanks for reading!

Length
    31/37/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: My hair, 10 months on.

I think it looks great, you must have made good progress. Straight I think you can reach bsl in December but if you want it curly at bsl it will obviously take longer. I'm not curly so I'm not good at guessing how much longer that would take.
    It isn't short, you don't need to compare it to the people with super long hair if that isn't you goal. If it feels long to you it is long
    Good luck with the rest of the growth journey, it will only get even more beautiful while getting rid of damage and taking good care of your hair.
    starting point : Longest layer at 31" (hip) shortest layer 24" (apl+) goal 1 : longest layer at 36" (TBL) goal 2 : layer free hair at 36"
    Estimated time for goal 1, april 2017

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I agree, I think you'll definitely hit your goal by the end of this year, maybe sooner, with it straight. Woot!

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Congratulations, that's great progress. You'll definitely reach bsl by the end of the year, looks like you've only got a couple of inches at most.
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Very nice. You're almost BSL, congrats.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Really Should Be Writing Unzadi's Avatar
    Length
    12/16/28
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That is some amazing progress. That first July picture... Keep on going.
    Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead -- Lucille Ball

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

Hey is that the same hair! well done you are doing something right! Super growth too! You will love BSL, and what a lovely New Year present to look forward to!!
    Tailbone to Classic!
    Wear your hair up challenge
    Microtrimming and Maintaining

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Lovely hair! I think and hope you'll make it!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Lovely hair and what a great progress..soon hit BSL!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist

Thank you all! I am really pleased to FINALLY have/ see growth after all these years!

As to whether I'm calling it curly or stretched/ straight, I think for my own sanity and so as not to get despondent, I'll do it straight for now. It will probably take me 18 months to get there curly and I'm impatient, lol!