Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you post pictures in the threads?

Length
    44"/60"/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: How do you post pictures in the threads?

Thanks for your quick reply Chromis I am such a noob with mobile devices that I don't know how to right click a picture. How do you do that?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Ooooh, right, I have the Flickr app on my phone. You click I think the middle icon (looks like a cell diagram) and it will give you options for linking things, including just the url. It is super easy that way!

Otherwise it should come up on many phones if you long tap the object.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    44"/60"/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

The url I got are those tiny links, with no .jpg I wonder if my Flickr app needs to be reinstalled. I'll try that later in the day. Or I try to do it just through the browser. Aaargh I'm just to old for these things lol!
    Oops sorry those are in the other posts. This is them
    https://flic.kr/p/KfyPpi
    https://flic.kr/p/JWtEvy
    https://flic.kr/p/Jr35A6
    Those don't work do they? No .jpg or so.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Hmmm, I see what you mean! The link still works though when I click it. Videos are like that for me when I try to link them here.

Lemme try it with the img tags:

So it doesn't work as an image directly with the short link, but it does work as a regular link at least! When I have some time I will try to remember to poke around and see what I can do from my phone. I usually link stuff from my desktop which is just a bit of clicking.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    44"/60"/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thanks Chromis! For me the links don't work from my computer, because something went wrong with my hard disc and I'm afraid to install anything in case I loose the files I can't reach atm. So I'm internetting from a compact disc that only has an old and unsupported browser and doesn't have all the functions (I can post on here though luckily). But now that I know the links work, that is good news. And I'm getting there with the mobile phone. And a desktop is going to be fixed and updated soon again I hope. But if you notice you are getting different types of links from your mobile in the future I'm very interested

Length
    44"/60"/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Chromis I found out you probably got the link to work in the past trough the photostream! I used camera roll, but that only gets the short link. Photostream is available through the browser version of Flickr, I couldn't find it in the app.

So in short for anyone with the same question: to post a picture from a mobile device through Flickr, you use the browser version of Flickr, then choose photostream and then share. If you share through Gmail for example, you get the whole, correct link.

Don't forget the img tags [img] and [/img]

It sounds a little complicated but hopefully the correct links will be available in the app in the future. When you go through the ropes, it's not that complicated anymore. (btw the picture was enhanced colorwise for instagram, there it looks good but in this bigger picture the colors are off)

Ok, I'm gonna move to the testing board and try out some more.
    Last edited by Yosha; July 23rd, 2016 at 02:32 AM. Reason: figuring out things and correcting all the autocorrects, lol!