Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "slow hair growth club"

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default The "slow hair growth club"

Please enjoy the club when you have a slow hairgrowth. Mine grows less than 1 cm a month. We can cheer up each other and let's forget the loooong time our hair needs to growth to reach our milestone!

Length
    CBL/33.5/60
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The "slow hair growth club"

Not being able to measure on my own, I either have slowly-growing hair or I'm looking at it so much that I just don't notice it.. Either way, frustration all the way haha

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by summergame View Post
    Please enjoy the club when you have a slow hairgrowth. Mine grows less than 1 cm a month. We can cheer up each other and let's forget the loooong time our hair needs to growth to reach our milestone!
    Did you try drinking a lot of water everyday?
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    Did you try drinking a lot of water everyday?
    Yes I do drink much water!

Length
    Chin/24"/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I think I have slow growing hair. I cut my hair into a just below chin bob in 2011, right after high school. My friend got a pixie in 2013. Her hair is now past waist. My hair is just at BSL.

Chin|Shoulder|APL|BSL|MBL|Waist

Length
    N/A./68 CL/ALAIG
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I think I need to join, my hair only grew an inch this past year.

Lady Flilipina Aderyn Orea, Keeper of the Enchanted Mountains in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I belong here! I was supposed to be BSL last Christmas and am still floating around APL
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Oh this is a group for me as I also only get about 1 cm in growth per month, have for years and years so it has sadly has no other reason then genetics.

I have been growing my hair long all my life, at first it didn't get longer then waist as I went to the hairdressers too often, them telling me that I had to trim that often and that much.

Then I stopped going and that made my hair slowly reach about tailbone length, but in a sad state as I didn't know anything about caring for long hair, how to protect it from mechanical damage.

I found LHC about 5 years ago and I learned finally how to take better care of it and I almost reached fingertip length, but then life happened, had too much on my plate to have the energy to properly take care of it even though I knew how and I had to cut back to somewhere above tailbone to get rid of the damage of wearing it down too often.

Here I am today, well last month, just about to take a my monthly length shot in the next few days.

This is my hair length in August last year after having trimmed a few inches off.

I have since then done a little trim in April.
    Before

After

It helps me to see that it does grow, taking monthly pics as it doesn't feel that it does get any longer.
    https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187269095_10158652152164011_6714569555409474266_n.  jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3t0z8DrmzYgAX9mn43M&_nc_h  t=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=2a06851c05d9cf14a8913bb90a73988e&oe=60C623  D8

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have hair that grows about 1 cm a month (which of course is the avarage, so in a hair growth context it's actually not even slow but normal), very consistently, although this spring I seemed to have few months of a bit faster growth - or perhaps it was that I wasn't really thinking of my hair.

I trim often and am tall with long distances between milestones, so it usually appears to grow like molasses. With minimal/no trimming milestones will take about a year to reach. My hair doesn't do well with no trimming, and since I like fresh ends anyway, I try not to fret over it - if it gains length and conquers milestones pretty slowly, so be it. I think I might gain something like 10-8 cm a year on avarage, after trimming is reduced. I have been trying to opt more for dustings than trimming, but it seems like if I go too long time with dusting only - even if it is very regular - my ends suffer.

I sometimes imagine what life would be like with fast growing hair, and as someone who has had short or shortish hair most of her life, I think it would be annoying when trying to maintain a shape.

Anyway, my best advice is to enjoy our hair, to not concentrate on the growth, and to take as good care of it as you know how/are willing to (I for example, draw the line on sleeping caps and sating pillow cases, ha ha).
    Last edited by Arctic; June 14th, 2016 at 06:00 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    pixie/cbl/bsl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've got slow growth. I also trim to much but i'm getting out of that habit (only trimmed once this year,). But still..... my hair grows slow. Absolutely no more than 1 cm a month. So i'm experiencing difficulty with growing out of akward stages... In the past couple of years i've never past shoulder length. But i try to stay positive: summer is coming and i will try to enjoy my "between chin and shoulder length" hair. And then by the time winter is coming my hair will be solid shoulder length. Hopefully.