Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help me! Hair crisis!

Default Re: Please help me! Hair crisis!

I think I did it right. The second picture is my natural virgin hair. The pictures don't do it justice. The front pieces are very dark (which I told her about when she left it in to long because she did half my head got interrupted washed the back out but not those front pieces and continued with the top). The rest of my hair is either orange warm brown or yellow gold (which I specified I did not want them colors) that's why I went to her in the first place.

Account Closed by Member Request

Oh i imagined it to be much lighter, i mean the dye result you have now. If you use a semi over that it's gonna be even darker so forget what i wrote in my previous post. I don't know if i would recommend color oops cause that will bring the extreme blong highlights back too. I would just let it fade for a month and then start gradual toning with a very dilluted semi maybe.

I also want to recommend revlon nutri color color masks cause they are great to temporarily correct tones and super conditioning at the same time.

I was hoping that I can have a professional remove all the color taking me to a blonde stage and then doing an all over color closest to my natural. Is that possible or am I screwed? I'm seriously contemplating shaving my head and wearing a wig because all these colors and tones are seriously bothering me and the original hair dresser will not get back to me. The color swatches she showed me the day I had a consultation are nowhere near what I received. She keeps saying it came out natural and that we just need an ash toner. But toners wash out n I don't want to keep dying my hair. I never wanted any of this in the first place.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Just to be a slightly calming voice of reason - it really doesn't look bad. It looks fine. If you want to change it up a bit, you can... but really it sounds like it's been through a lot lately. Can you just kinda put it up and let it be for a while? Wait a bit and see if the colors mellow out with time, give your hair time to recover, then rethink it and start talking to a professional. The "instant fix" method is probably just going to continue spiraling downward towards not so great results imho. Let it sit for a bit.

eta: some people's hair holds color well. Mine never has. The dyed bits will always fade and change on me, and may for you as well. There is no such thing as dying it to match perfectly and then growing it out without touching up... unless you just deal with the virgin vs. dyed bits. I had a line of decmarcation for years growing out dye. Henna helped me with that a bit (darker blends with presumably some walnut shell mixed in). But seriously, let it sit first before going for any drastic changes. Like a month.
    Last edited by teela1978; June 5th, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

I understand and that's what I did after the first hair dresser screw up...I left it for a month and then just had this done Thursday. I am trying to just let it be but it is absolutely making me sick. I went in originally with natural virgin hair for subtle balayage and every attempt to fix it they have screwed it up more and now I have 356788 different colors in my hair that I never wanted to begin with.

I grew my hair out 8 years ago..they dyed it closest to my natural and I just let it grow from there. The difference was the color was close enough to my natural that it didn't bother me growing out.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

do you remember the color you used? or the salon? go back and have them do the same thing again?

I do...I completely forgot about him because I found him through a friend I used to work with. I was able to get in touch with that friend and I called and left him a message. I'm hoping he could remove all this color and then put an all over color on it like he did last time. I'm hoping he can. The last time I had this hair crisis I had dyed and bleached and stripped and everything you could think of so my hair was badly damaged. Luckily now I've only had a few professional processes done and it's still quite healthy. I'm hoping he can help me otherwise I'm going bald lol

Account Closed by Member Request

I wouldn't cut anyzhing now as a preventive measure as long as there is no noticable damage. After every coloring treatment there must be some but it looks far from being dramatic in your case. I personally would stay away from lifting all the hair and stay slightly darker with multiple semi dye apllications until it all blends together. Depends on your length goal. If you don't intend to grow it much going blonde to even ot out once is probably still ok.