Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideburns

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Sideburns

<<<My hair line reaches all the way down to the ends of my ear lobes. It's visible in my avatar picture. I know this varies on people. One friend of mine had a hairline that wasn't all that contoured. She didn't have any sideburns at all. Sometimes when I've done henna glosses it's been too much fiddling to get them covered underneath a wrap/cap and leave my ears free so I've clipped the sideburns away. Other times I leave them alone. Who else has them?
    Last edited by Hairkay; June 3rd, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Sideburns

I have blonde peach fuzz in that spot. Not a big deal to me, but my mom commented a few weeks ago saying that it seemed like a lot of hair, and I agree, they're pretty long in that spot.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Me! I'm a pale person with dark hair, way too much dark hair. I've got major sideburns. At one point in my life I waxed them off, and I really liked the effect however it just got to be a bother so now I leave them alone out of laziness. At this point I don't think about them too much because I usually wear my hair down and you can't see them. But when I wear my hair up, they are very noticeable. I just try not to think about them... But, you are not alone!

Account Closed by Member Request

I don't have them, but i think they look pretty cute actually. Don't think i would recommend waxing them to anyone, but then again my neck hair bothers me sometimes and i think of cleaning the line up too.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have blonde peach fuzz in that spot. Not a big deal to me, but my mom commented a few weeks ago saying that it seemed like a lot of hair, and I agree, they're pretty long in that spot.
    Out of all my sisters, I'm the hairiest with the most sideburns. They're curly right down to the end of the earlobe then it's peach fuzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by ephemeri View Post
    Me! I'm a pale person with dark hair, way too much dark hair. I've got major sideburns. At one point in my life I waxed them off, and I really liked the effect however it just got to be a bother so now I leave them alone out of laziness. At this point I don't think about them too much because I usually wear my hair down and you can't see them. But when I wear my hair up, they are very noticeable. I just try not to think about them... But, you are not alone!
    I'd think waxing them would be too painful. I usually keep my hair back and or up so they're always visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by MINAKO View Post
    I don't have them, but i think they look pretty cute actually. Don't think i would recommend waxing them to anyone, but then again my neck hair bothers me sometimes and i think of cleaning the line up too.
    I think they're cute too. Everything matches up well with my thick eyebrows.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    BSL28/BSL28/HIP40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i

I don't have any sideburns unfortunately. I wish I did because I think they soften and frame the face. Sometimes I try to pull my wispy bang remnants forward to try and do a similar effect.

Slightly related, when I was a teenager, I used to shave off my widow's peak. I didn't like it. I eventually stopped though, because it was just weird to do. It took a few years for it to grow out and blend into the rest of my hair again.

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    I'd think waxing them would be too painful. I usually keep my hair back and or up so they're always visible.

I think they're cute too. Everything matches up well with my thick eyebrows.
    The waxing was surprisingly not painful! One small strip on each side. I never took off the entire sideburn, just the lower 1/3 to 1/2 to clean them up a bit.

I'm glad you all think they're cute. I was teased for having them when I was younger so I'm super self-conscious about them.

Length
    Pixie/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

i have them... they aren't that bad compared to a lot i've seen... but they are there and I have dark hair and light skin. I don't mind them. I would never remove them lol.

Length
    15/52/54+?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have huge sideburns, going down almost to my jaw, and I have dark hair and very pale skin. So I wax or pluck them up to the middle of my ear approximately. I don't mind keeping a little, but I don't want to be a bearded lady either.

Length
    9-9+9/9+11/99-27
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Hmm... no idea, guess some women may have some extended line at this spot but i do have real sideburns covering almost half of the ckeeks. The hair is a bit different, somewhat thicker and more curly but guess i could straight them out a bit in order to fit my hair better, but at this time they are almost covered by the other hair and only visible from the front. When they get extended i guess i make some adjustment in order to merge it sideward with the other hairs. But dependable on natural hairline expansions and maybe increased male hormones everyone could have some minor sideburn but it should not be as curly such as real sideburns, although more curly than the other hair.