Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair and earrings

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Hair and earrings

I'm still not sure if I should get my earlobes pierced so, here's the poll which, hopefully, helps me Multiple allowed.

Someone told me lately "You'll look like a christmas tree with hair up, a hair toy in your hair and earrings..."

EDIT (May, 5.): I did it and I'm happy!!!
    POST YOUR HAIR AND EARRINGS PHOTOS HERE PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by Wusel; May 5th, 2016 at 03:03 AM.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Hair and earrings

1 for NO-NO. My grandma who always had waist long hair and wore it in an updo had earrings. And it was a no-no for her too to go out without them.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I wear earrings with my hair up - no problem. Either tiny hoops or regular stubby nubs. No big earrings, that would be way too much for me. Right now I'm not wearing any and haven't been for a while now. It varies. Sometimes I want to wear them, other times no.

Getting your ears pierced is fine. It's just the "big" earrings that are a bit much IMMHO.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I had my ears pierced when I was two :P I've always worn earrings. I try not to wear ones that are too big (I mean really crazy big, because they don't go well with my small face). Otherwise it's not a problem

For some reason I am not able to see the poll on the mobile version of LHC. :/

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I wear earrings with my hair up - no problem. Either tiny hoops or regular stubby nubs. No big earrings, that would be way too much for me. Right now I'm not wearing any and haven't been for a while now. It varies. Sometimes I want to wear them, other times no.

Getting your ears pierced is fine. It's just the "big" earrings that are a bit much IMMHO.
    I have a square face and which I love the most are a little bit bigger hoops. They are recommended for a square face:
    http://www.fabulousafter40.com/best-...ur-face-shape/

I really have no idea what suits me. And I have the tiniest ears and earlobes one can have... so too big earrings would look ridiculous.
    Last edited by Wusel; April 10th, 2016 at 04:02 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I wouldn't believe these types of articles. I just wear what I like and what *I* like on my face. Tiny drop earrings are about the "boldest" I can go or I look like a gypsy. Honestly, big hoops and big bold statement earrings work fine on others, me? I just look like a gypsy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I like small dangly earrings. But only with my hair up; they soften updos, but tend to tangle in braids.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I wear earrings only when I feel like so. But I don't like wearing them when my hair is up.
    I've got my nose pierced (small hoop), and glasses, that's usually enough for me. The earrings I like are big, and when I'm wearing them, often it's only one, instead of two. Or two mismatched ones.

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I wouldn't believe these types of articles. I just wear what I like and what *I* like on my face. Tiny drop earrings are about the "boldest" I can go or I look like a gypsy. Honestly, big hoops and big bold statement earrings work fine on others, me? I just look like a gypsy.
    That's what my mother always used to say "You'll look like a gypsy with earrings." I always wanted them when I was a kid, like all the other girls at school, but my mom didn't want a gypsy child

And now she says "You'll look like a vegetable market woman with earrings."

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pailin View Post
    I like small dangly earrings. But only with my hair up; they soften updos, but tend to tangle in braids.
    They soften updos? How do you mean it? They don't look as severe with dangly earrings? I thought it's the opposite. That updos look more mature and old ladylike with earrings... Or does it depend on the earring shape? I really have no idea. I never had something hanging on my ears, not even clips.

I've tried my key pendant which is a silver hoop. Looks... needs getting used to.