Thread: Product review: Widu comb and hairbrush VS Bass comb and hairbrush

Length
    SL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Product review: Widu comb and hairbrush VS Bass comb and hairbrush

Hi all! A little while back I was trying to decide between sticking with my bass wooden pin brush or trying the widu, and I noticed there wasn't a lot of people who had tried both. Soooo, I can finally fill that need!

Between Bass wide tooth comb and Widu wide tooth comb:
    Widu wins hands down. Honestly, I've hated my bass comb ever since I've gotten it. The tines are much to wide for my fine hair and just snap it right off. The widu comb is much lighter and gentler. Love it!

Between Bass wooden pin brush and Widu wooden pin brush:
    I'm in love with the Widu. Right away, I could tell that the Widu brush was much more ergonomic. Overall, its lighter and is much more balanced, where the bass brush is head heavy. I also like the Widu pins better. They are much rounder and more gentle than the bass brush. After brushing for more than a few minutes with my bass brush, my scalp would start to hurt; with the widu brush, it just feels pleasantly stimulated . Lastly, the widu brush is much more gentle on my hair. It seems to pull out less than half of the hairs that the bass brush does. I think this is because the pneumatic pad has a lot more give than the bass brush, which means less snagging for me .

Both brushes are very nice, and its hard to determine if the pros I listed are worth triple the cost for the widu, but I'm really happy with my purchase.

Hope this helps!
    "Little by little, step by step, it happens."

Default Re: Product review: Widu comb and hairbrush VS Bass comb and hairbrush

Thanks, it does!

I have started looking for a wood comb with wide teeth and/or a wooden brush with wooden pins.
    Tek would probably be my first choice, but I would also like maybe a less expensive one for hair oiling, and was considering the Bass bamboo brushes.
    Last edited by Lavenderhaze; October 1st, 2022 at 06:37 PM.