Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,285 of 1285

Thread: SEASONAL GROWTH PROJECT (begin March 20, 2016)

Length
    chin/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: SEASONAL GROWTH PROJECT (begin March 20, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Everyone's hair is coming along so well! Bat I'm loving that blue on you, but you really suit the dark in your profile pic too

My 'growth' went a bit backwards this year. Well, a lot backwards :') Do I regret it, kinda, but I was just so fed up. I'm still fed up, lol. I'll be dying it soon, might aswell make all my mistakes while it's still short :P I am growing it again though ... using this as a way to try and find my 'ideal length'.
    Forwards or backwards it looks great! Sometimes it's time to cut - all part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by alewyn View Post
    Okay, I finally had time to go through the rest of everyone's posts in this thread in more detail hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

baanoo, it's looking so long! And I just love your color.
    Thank you, alewyn!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    Im loving the way your ends are developing, Banoo. Itís looking gorgeous. I hope you do reach your end goal by winter solstice.
    Thank you, squirrel - that's such a lovely compliment. Every time I see the summer 2020 photo I am amazed at how much healthier my hair has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Here you go start of Autumn to start of winter. With a complete skin shave right in the middle it's a bit longer than the blue now
    Excellent! Having been witness to your journey over these past few years I love seeing where you are at each season regardless of if it's "forward" or "backward." The blue is looking quite fierce I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Ooh baanoo, your comparisons are great, your hair looks so beautiful in this yearís length shot!

I posted a year comparison in the no bleach/dye thread, as it looked exactly the same length since I cut off 4 inches last summer, I finally regrew it I donít think Iíll take that much off at a time again knowing my growth rate is a bit slow. Itís great you can trim off that much and still have significant growth.

Thanks for the kind words. I think the ends are holding up OK since Iíve trimmed off the parts that I had overlapped bleach, and now have all kinds of gentle care tips from LHC.
    Rose, thank you so much. I'm hoping to not trim so much anymore til I reach my goal and then start learning how to self-trim) so I have more control! I had felt like I wasn't gaining any length for ages and it just...crept up on me. Remind me what's your end goal?
    artist, lover, general mystic ☽︎ gently growing towards tbl

Length
    25/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Rose, thank you so much. I'm hoping to not trim so much anymore til I reach my goal and then start learning how to self-trim) so I have more control! I had felt like I wasn't gaining any length for ages and it just...crept up on me. Remind me what's your end goal?
    I will be maintaining around WL for a few years to cut out the bleach, actually hoping for just below WL. So not aiming for super long, as I have a while to grow this out, once I get used to WL Iím sure Iíll want longer!

I trim my own hair my entire adult life. Learning Feyeís method for cutting has made it much easier and look better than before, you could easily learn! To me itís a pain to travel to someone and pay a lot of money to ask for just a 1inch trim, but I also feel really awkward in a salon
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Length
    Bald/Buzz/Hip

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    You'll never reach long hair goals that way!
    I know but it's ok I'm starting to come to terms now that I'll have short hair forever

Length
    chin/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I will be maintaining around WL for a few years to cut out the bleach, actually hoping for just below WL. So not aiming for super long, as I have a while to grow this out, once I get used to WL Iím sure Iíll want longer!

I trim my own hair my entire adult life. Learning Feyeís method for cutting has made it much easier and look better than before, you could easily learn! To me itís a pain to travel to someone and pay a lot of money to ask for just a 1inch trim, but I also feel really awkward in a salon
    WL is such a pretty length - though LHCitis always seems to come for us in the end You say you have slow growth but it seems like your natural color is traveling down so quickly! (Here on the outside it always looks like other peopleís hair grows quicklyÖ)

Itís a pain for me, too! Which is why, for my entire adult life, I have gotten yearly trims and grimaced each and every time I had more taken off than I wanted. Iím excited to start using Feyeís method because I think my fragile strands would benefit from more frequent trims.

Length
    Bald/Buzz/Hip

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Forwards or backwards it looks great! Sometimes it's time to cut - all part of the process.

Thank you, alewyn!

Thank you, squirrel - that's such a lovely compliment. Every time I see the summer 2020 photo I am amazed at how much healthier my hair has become.

Excellent! Having been witness to your journey over these past few years I love seeing where you are at each season regardless of if it's "forward" or "backward." The blue is looking quite fierce I must say.

Thank you it's now a black blue and green disaster but oh whale!