Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How does your SO, husband, BF deal with your hair getting longer and LHC?

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default How does your SO, husband, BF deal with your hair getting longer and LHC?

When I met my SO first time years ago my hair was short.
    And I didn't care about it.
    I didn't use conditioners or masks, I didn't put it up... It was just there...
    And now I'm slowly but surely becoming a longhair-girl and later a very-long-hair-girl (In 2018, around Christmas, I'm hopefully classic...) with everything that comes with that...
    I'd like to know how your men deal with your hair getting longer and longer over time...
    Does/did it strain your relationship sometimes that you spend time on LHC, deep-condition your hair for hours, sleep with a silk-cap, braid and detangle it, wait till it's dry, take care of it, do S&D, avoid salons...
    Do your men understand/accept/like your reasons why you want/have very long hair?
    Did they get used to it over time? Or discovered the same kind of passion for your hair as you have someday and learned to love it?
    I never had very long hair being in a relationship.
    When it was waist, before the big chop, I was completely single for many, many years. That's why I ask you about your experiences...

Edit: And, of course, every other gender-relationship constellation and all LHC-men are cordially welcome! I'm interested in how partners think about LHC and growing hair out in every kind of relationship of every genders and transgenders!
    Last edited by Wusel; March 13th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: How does your SO, husband, BF deal with your hair getting longer and LHC?

My DH knew right from the start that I am growing my hair long and it didn't worry him in the slightest, he says he wouldn't mind even if I grew it to floor length and that whatever I want to do with my hair is fine by him. He tells me it's pretty, and he will remind me to put my sleep cap on if he thinks I have forgotten it. He thinks it looks cute on me. I wish he would play with my hair, and stroke it - I love having my hair stroked, but he doesn't. Perhaps I will have to educate him a little more
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: How does your SO, husband, BF deal with your hair getting longer and LHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    and he will remind me to put my sleep cap on if he thinks I have forgotten it. He thinks it looks cute on me.
    This made me smile from ear to ear... Sweet...
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Yesterday he spent HOURS in a huge shopping mall with me searching for a hair stick. Very uncomplaining

He's definitely not fond of me wanting to grow my hair out but if we don't discuss it and I keep it out of the way all the time (hard with layers, they always pop out of braids and end on his face, i can understand why that annoys him) then all is well. I don't think it should strain a relationship, I'm on lhc in my free time when I have it and he does whatever he likes in his free time. I don't do masks very often and we don't live together yet but I think putting a towel over plastic bag or whatever else you use helps. I'm also not strictly sticking to my schedule, if something comes up and we're going out and I have oily hair, I wash it before going out instead of waiting for wash day (testing sulfate-free shampoo more thoroughly this month and so far I like it). I don't sleep with silk cap I think it looks horrible and might be too much trouble than it's worth (tight, uncomfortable, sliding off head), instead I braid it and sleep on silk pillowcase that I bring with myself every time I sleep at his place and he doesn't mind it. I braid my hair at night and that's good I think, it gets in his way less and protects my hair more. I comb my hair twice a day but it doesn't take that long, especially not when it's in protective hairstyles. I occasionally blow dry my scalp but honestly I don't think walking around with wet hair should bother him unless it gets splashed all over the place. I always cut my hair this is the first year I'm doing s&d and he doesn't mind that, his mum also cuts her own hair. He even cuts his hair once in a while so I don't think that bothers him.

Again we don't discuss my hair, it's mine, it concerns me, not him, so there's no reason to talk about it, it's not like when buying house or a car because you both have to agree with that since you'll both be using those things. I doubt he's ever going to get passionate over hair, hair is just hair. Ask him if he likes long or short hair out of curiosity but not much more than that. I don't think you have to go overboard to have long healthy hair (maybe some people might), unfortunately you will need to find out these borders on your own and set your own about what is still okay to do and what is too much.
    Last edited by bunneh.; March 13th, 2016 at 04:35 AM.

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunneh. View Post
    He's definitely not fond of me wanting to grow my hair out but if we don't discuss it and I keep it out of the way all the time (hard with layers, they always pop out of braids and end on his face, i can understand why that annoys him) then all is well. I don't think it should strain a relationship, I'm on lhc in my free time when I have it and he does whatever he likes in his free time. I don't do masks very often and we don't live together yet but I think putting a towel over plastic bag or whatever else you use helps. I'm also not strictly sticking to my schedule, if something comes up and we're going out and I have oily hair, I wash it before going out instead of waiting for wash day (testing sulfate-free shampoo more thoroughly this month and so far I like it). I don't sleep with silk cap I think it looks horrible and might be too much trouble than it's worth (tight, uncomfortable, sliding off head), instead I braid it and sleep on silk pillowcase that I bring with myself every time I sleep at his place and he doesn't mind it. I braid my hair at night and that's good I think, it gets in his way less and protects my hair more. I comb my hair twice a day but it doesn't take that long, especially not when it's in protective hairstyles. I occasionally blow dry my scalp but honestly I don't think walking around with wet hair should bother him unless it gets splashed all over the place. I always cut my hair this is the first year I'm doing s&d and he doesn't mind that, his mum also cuts her own hair. He even cuts his hair once in a while so I don't think that bothers him.

Again we don't discuss my hair, it's mine, it concerns me, not him, so there's no reason to talk about it, it's not like when buying house or a car because you both have to agree with that since you'll both be using those things. I doubt he's ever going to get passionate over hair, hair is just hair. Ask him if he likes long or short hair out of curiosity but not much more than that. I don't think you have to go overboard to have long healthy hair (maybe some people might), unfortunately you will need to find out these borders on your own and set your own about what is still okay to do and what is too much.
    Thank you for taking time to answer so detailed.
    Sounds like you've found a good way to grow your hair out without disturbing your man with it.
    It's a good example for me. I think, not discussing it too often is a good idea too. Most men don't like talking about makeup, handbags and hair

Length
    CBL/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

He doesn't really care. He knows it's my body and I do whatever I like with it, and I'll grow long hair whether he wants it or not
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post
    He doesn't really care. He knows it's my body and I do whatever I like with it, and I'll grow long hair whether he wants it or not
    Great attitude! Not the man should decide how we wear our hair or which clothes we put on. It's our body and our decision.

Length
    Pixie/18"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I met mine when I had short hair - I had already decided to grow it out, and it was a long-ish pixie that I rocked the faux-hawk with. I was in the process of growing it out, and he noticed after a few months and kept bothering me about cutting my hair, going to the salon, etc. It was looking pretty awkward and we had just moved so I was job-searching, and I still liked my short hair, so I continued to cut it. I never noticed it when it got too long, but he sure did.

Finally, I got fed up after my last haircut, which I immediately regretted. I look great with short hair, but it's just not me. After years and years of short hair (ok, about 5) I'm reclaiming my identity by growing it out. Sweets has long hair, she always has, and she can't help that she met him when it was short...he's going to have to deal!

Having said that, I don't talk about it much. When I say something, he inserts his cringe-worthy opinion, like,"Go to the salon and get some highlights," "You should get a trim, they know what they are doing." etc. So I refrain from talking about it.

I get my own satisfaction when running my own hands through it, so I don't really care about someone else's opinion. Let's just call long hair a great shallow-filter of people, and time will tell!

He has been sweet with my "treatments." He calls my cowash "booty cream" which is short for "beauty cream."

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Having said that, I don't talk about it much. When I say something, he inserts his cringe-worthy opinion, like,"Go to the salon and get some highlights," "You should get a trim, they know what they are doing." etc. So I refrain from talking about it.
    That's why we talk so much about it here, right...?